YEah I did that before as well. You end up having greasy spots ALL over the clothes that you had in the dryer. And you basically can't get it out. I think I used most of the clothes for cleaning rags but still used the jeans. It got a little better after like a year of washing them The grease eventually washed out.
Different animals. Flash drive is a solid-state memory device with NO powersource. So, besides maybe developing a little corrosion after a while from the solvents in the water nothing will happen to it as long as you allow it to dry.
The problem with the iPod is that is has a powersource (battery) that will cause a short circuit with the device and it will fry. It's not about drying things out, it's just about a power surge in the device that will fry the circuit board. The same thing happens to cell phones.
i have the same iPod, just got it a couple months ago, and i hope that doesn't happen to me. another thing to consider is that the 30G iPod Video has moving parts, whereas smaller iPods like the Mini don't. so if the battery didn't get wasted, there's still the possibilty that all the jostling and spinning inside the machine could have caused some of the internal moving parts to break. good luck bro.