I DO NOT CONSENT! - 2 Guys Film Themselves Chased And Arrested After Refusing To Stop For Breathalyz

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
that ended well for them

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Somehow a video camera creates an invisible cloak around it's user.

I'd love for a cop to 'mistake' it for a gun.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
i still dont know how DUI check points are legal in this country. Youre forcing people to essentially be searched without probable cause. Has it been challenged in a court of law?

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
i still dont know how DUI check points are legal in this country. Youre forcing people to essentially be searched without probable cause. Has it been challenged in a court of law?
They're legal as long as they're announced and there's an alternate route... so essentially you make the decision to enter the checkpoint, in theory.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
They're legal as long as they're announced and there's an alternate route... so essentially you make the decision to enter the checkpoint, in theory.
I actually googled it after i said that and in 1990 it was brought before the supreme court where in a split decision the winning judges said they were allowed as an exception to the 4th amendment because of the dangers posed to others by a drunk driver. In the dissenting judges opinion they wrote there are no exceptions to an amendment and either everything falls under its protection or it should be repealed so nothing falls under its protection. The winning judges stated because of this each state can make up their own mind on the matter. 11 states (Alaska, Idaho, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming) banned DUI Check points The dissenting judges have it right and they should be declared unconstitutional and banned. I dont know how they fucked up such a clearly cut and dry case of something violating the 4th amendment. Gang bangers pose a greater threat to others than a drunk driver but they receive the protection of the 4th amendment in an instance of if an exception should be made this is were it should be not violating law abiding citizens rights on the off chance someone might of had 1 beer to many. Just another example of how the law protects criminals but fucks the law abiding citizens

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
That's the way it is in PA but they tend to make the announcement
vague enough to still get people trapped in them.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
That's the way it is in PA but they tend to make the announcement
vague enough to still get people trapped in them.
I've won a few bar bets by calling up police stations and asking where the checkpoint was located exactly... they have to tell you in California.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
There's a video of a guy that just pulls up to the checkpoint and states his rights without rolling his window down, cop gets pissed but they eventually let him go without incident.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
There's a video of a guy that just pulls up to the checkpoint and states his rights without rolling his window down, cop gets pissed but they eventually let him go without incident.
Yeah they didnt have to though because unless he was in 1 of the 11 states I mentioned in my previous post that banned them then he was incorrect about his rights. My prev post explains it

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Yeah they didnt have to though because unless he was in 1 of the 11 states I mentioned in my previous post that banned them then he was incorrect about his rights. My prev post explains it
He was incorrect about his constitutional rights?
Not according to his country/state's elected/appointed 'officials' that determine what rights have exceptions. Checkpoint laws have specific exceptions, so he was correct about his rights. That's why they let him go. They should be banned, but til then it's a rare opportunity to payback cops if they are/were an asshole by being an asshole and get away with it. Just don't flee, have them chase you, and then plead your rights. That's just bitch-style.

Here's one from nevada.

One from california.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Umm isn't the same charge if you refuse? So by running away aren't you adding an elude charge?

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
So you are against DUI checks?

Are you saying you are "pro" drunk driving?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I actually googled it after i said that and in 1990 it was brought before the supreme court where in a split decision the winning judges said they were allowed as an exception to the 4th amendment because of the dangers posed to others by a drunk driver. In the dissenting judges opinion they wrote there are no exceptions to an amendment and either everything falls under its protection or it should be repealed so nothing falls under its protection. The winning judges stated because of this each state can make up their own mind on the matter. 11 states (Alaska, Idaho, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming) banned DUI Check points The dissenting judges have it right and they should be declared unconstitutional and banned. I dont know how they fucked up such a clearly cut and dry case of something violating the 4th amendment. Gang bangers pose a greater threat to others than a drunk driver but they receive the protection of the 4th amendment in an instance of if an exception should be made this is were it should be not violating law abiding citizens rights on the off chance someone might of had 1 beer to many. Just another example of how the law protects criminals but fucks the law abiding citizens
One Mnemonic Device: M.A.D.D. The beginning of the nanny state.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Umm isn't the same charge if you refuse? So by running away aren't you adding an elude charge?
If you refuse you get stuffed and taken to the hospital where they draw your blood forcibly. It is my understanding they give you an automatic loss of license too...which I don't see how they can do that if you refuse and you have no alcohol in your system.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
EEEEEEE! Those videos are scary as fuck. Those guys had big ass balls to exercise there constitutional rights to those savage, jack booted thugs. Mrs. SC asked me why they didn't do whatever the pigs said. I answered, "Because they are Patriots".

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
So you are against DUI checks?

Are you saying you are "pro" drunk driving?
I see what you did there. Im pro against seach and siezure without probable cause. The fact im behind the wheel is not probal cause.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
They can if they have probable cause you're drunk driving. But not if you just pull up and refuse to play their bullshit checkpoint game without having broken any laws.

This is bullshit at 2:45 I have seen people that did turns to avoid the checkpoint and police cars were positioned to give chase and pulled those cars over in NJ.
Yep, motorhead or someone mentioned that cops almost/did cause a big wreck because they scrambled when they saw someone do that. Like whiskeyguy mentioned, technically you can avoid a checkpoint. In theory.