I fuckin' HATE Drudge Report.

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
I usually swing by the BBC News front page and Drudge Report every few hours just go see a snapshot of world events and then delve a little deeper on stories that interest me or are at least important.

On the BBC front page right now I see a top story about a bombinb in Iraq, a story dealing with the Cuban shift of power, a piece about Ralph Nader deciding to run for president and it kinda falls off after that into regional news, some fluff, entertainment and so on. But the 3 major stories are stories.

Fucking Drudge has had "OSCARS IN THE RAIN; LOWEST VIEWERSHIP FEAR" up for FUCKING DAYS!

That is NOT THE TOP NEWS STORY ON THE INTERNET OR IN THE WORLD YOU FUCKING CUNT. That is Entertainment news, it's fluff. Most of us aren't even planning on watching the Oscars and could care less what pictures win.

This is just one example of how Drudge is a Micky Mouse website, but he does this all the time. Some major story will be a basic text link below "Brittany Spears" news on his site.

Fuck off Drudge.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
If he does it all the time they why are you going to the site...find something else.

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
Feel the same way. Drudge sometimes has decent "breaking news" but lately it's been crap. But I still stop by now and then just to see what he's got up there.

turdfrgsn

it's a funny name
Mar 7, 2005
North Beach, MD
agreed on the oscar crapola, but, not to excuse it or anything, but drudge is only following the example of most mainstream news outlets

i like his site cos it's bare bones and has great links ranging across the political spectrum

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
The website that hosts the article about the Oscars probablt called in a favor or something. It's not like Drudge does the reporting anyway, he just links to others' work.

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
The website that hosts the article about the Oscars probablt called in a favor or something. It's not like Drudge does the reporting anyway, he just links to others' work.
No, but he selects what stories are more important than other stories and displays them with either big text and graphics or a standard little text link. I fell that more often than not over the past few weeks he's been passing up actual news in favor of fluff and entertainment bullshit.

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
If he does it all the time they why are you going to the site...find something else.
I check the BBC too.

I was going to his site for the same reasons other do. He just takes links from around the net and displays them for you so you can get to stories fast.

But as I stated above, lately it seems he's been picking shit entertainment and fluff news for his big headlines rather than actual news pieces. It gets annoying, especially in the 2nd or 3rd day that the low Oscar ratings story has been the top one.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
No, but he selects what stories are more important than other stories and displays them with either big text and graphics or a standard little text link. I fell that more often than not over the past few weeks he's been passing up actual news in favor of fluff and entertainment bullshit.
I'd be surprised if Matt Drudge even looks at his own site anymore, I'm sure he has people to do that, and maybe those people are just morons.

I do agree that it's disgusting that the oscars would be top news over the war or other real news, but that is what the average brain dead monogloid retard wants to see these days.

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
I'd be surprised if Matt Drudge even looks at his own site anymore, I'm sure he has people to do that, and maybe those people are just morons.

I do agree that it's disgusting that the oscars would be top news over the war or other real news, but that is what the average brain dead monogloid retard wants to see these days.
I agree with you on both points. He (either directly or orders executed by his staff) is trying to get traffic to the site and that dogshit fake news sells more than real news.

Just sick of it, it wasn't always like this. Something I noticed recently.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
You can't trust the BBC either. Those bias, tabloid assholes. They make the NY Times look conservative.

I only read Fark.com. Fuck real news. It keeps me sane.
Fark rules. *insert LOLCAT*

I get my news from Wackbag. :D

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
You can't trust the BBC either. Those bias, tabloid assholes. They make the NY Times look conservative.

Fark rules. *insert LOLCAT*

I get my news from Wackbag. :D
XM 202 for all important NEWS, dick jokes included.

Little Chuckie

Jul 21, 2005
I check Drudge multiple times a day, but yeah sometimes the headlines could be better used.

sniper

Front, and to the right...
Wackbag Staff
It's My Birthday!
Oct 13, 2004
Masshole
I stick with google news to get my glimpse of what's going on.
Try newsmap it's takes everything from google news including other nations' news and aggregates it, you can even select the categories you want. Love this thing.

http://marumushi.com/apps/newsmap/newsmap.cfm