I got a threat from Comcast

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
I downloaded a movie from a torrent site and 2 minutes later I got a threat that they could cancel my internet. Isn't there something that can make my connection invisible to Comcast?

Edit: I have literally downloaded hundreds of movies from this site. Why now.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
You need a VPN. I use PIA (Private Internet Access) right now.

Also take into account the locations of the VPN you choose. Better speed for you the closer they are.

Been happy with IPVanish, been using for about 3 years now.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Also take into account the locations of the VPN you choose. Better speed for you the closer they are.

Been happy with IPVanish, been using for about 3 years now.
That’s why I like AirVPN. They have a list that shows speed and number of connections for each site so you can choose where you hook up to.

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
You need a VPN. I use PIA (Private Internet Access) right now.

I've downloaded and installed PIA. Everything is running. I started the program and chose Chicago because thats where I'm closest too. The little icon has turned green and say's " You are connected to Chicago" So is that it? am now invisible on the internet?

I've downloaded and installed PIA. Everything is running. I started the program and chose Chicago because thats where I'm closest too. The little icon has turned green and say's " You are connected to Chicago" So is that it? am now invisible on the internet?
Do a search on "what's my IP" with it on, then with it off. You'll see it change from yours to whatever one you connect wtih the VPN service.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Yep. As suggested check your IP as described above.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
I default to the Netherlands just because that's the best area for privacy laws, and notice very minimal slowdown for downloads.

Make sure the option for the kill switch is selected, this will kill your connection if PIA disconnects for some reason.

You should also see any of your bank/financial sites will require you to confirm your identity even though you logged in with a good user/pass. I occasionally skim an auto detailing forum called Autogeek that I am not registered to. On a couple of the Atlanta servers it will tell me that my IP has been banned and cannot access the forum which is public.

Make sure the option for the kill switch is selected, this will kill your connection if PIA disconnects for some reason.
This, if you get bounced off the VPN usually the default behavior is to reestablish back to your modem's IP.

I downloaded a movie from a torrent site and 2 minutes later I got a threat that they could cancel my internet. Isn't there something that can make my connection invisible to Comcast?

Edit: I have literally downloaded hundreds of movies from this site. Why now.
What were the circumstances allegedly what torrent site were you using? Public trackers? I got a hey whatcha doin' from Verizon when I stupidly let SOMEONE use my internets to grab Inglorious Basterds...and they hopped on tpb public trackers.
Try www.ololo.to if you can avoid the nuclear ads. Tons of TV shows streamed.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
I also change my default dns settings manually to Google. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
What were the circumstances allegedly what torrent site were you using? Public trackers? I got a hey whatcha doin' from Verizon when I stupidly let SOMEONE use my internets to grab Inglorious Basterds...and they hopped on tpb public trackers.
Try www.ololo.to if you can avoid the nuclear ads. Tons of TV shows streamed.

I was using a mirror site of Kickass.torrents I don't know the particulars of the email , I just heard from my wife who received the email. They knew the movie and the exact time I downloaded it.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
I default to the Netherlands just because that's the best area for privacy laws, and notice very minimal slowdown for downloads.

Yup, I can confirm the kill switch is a good idea. I had PIA and I was connected and downloading something...but I ended up getting a letter from Spectrum anyway. Turns out, the VPN disconnected while I was downloading and I'm sure that's how they got me.

I have NordVPN now, which I got a really good deal at the time just before my PIA term was up. I actually prefer PIA better. I've had a few more slower connections with NordVPN so far. I'm locked in for three years now though, so I'll deal.

Bobobie

Play around with it. Select some IP's in the UK and see if you can stream shows from the BBC. Also, each country has their own Netflix Library.

Play around with it. Select some IP's in the UK and see if you can stream shows from the BBC. Also, each country has their own Netflix Library.
Netflix and Hulu are on to VPN servers, they usually will stop you from streaming even if it's US content.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Yep. I have to disable the VPN on my Shield if I want to use Netflix.