I hate "dog people" (sort of).

Rouleur

Apr 1, 2014
Im not a huge dog guy. Dont have a problem with them per se. Im warm and friendly with friend's and families' canine pets.

But I think Ive had enough of so-called "dog people."

First of all, its a dog. Not a person. A dog. I know you love it. Good for you. But if you look down your nose at people giving their kids attention, then hand feed your shepard-collie-lab-mix a bone in ribeye every day and let him watch Family Feud, youre a dick.

Second...being a "dog person" doesnt make you special or more empathetic. It just means you like dogs and animals. Thats nice and good and a great quality to have. But it doesnt make you a better human than non dog people in any way. Some people are scared of dogs. Some just arent "animal people." Its probably has something to do with the whole "shitting on the carpet" thing they dont go for. So if you think loving a dog makes you superior, yet you judge non animal people and turn your nose up at parents, kids and old ladies then go back to the sentence above...youre a dick.

Finally, the story that triggered all this...

So my office is dog friendly. Its fine. They run around a bit sometimes. Not a huge deal. But this one woman here is over the top with her dog. For example, I came to her office and said "Hello Dog!" in a warm way and petted him. She went off on me..."HE HAS A NAME!...USE IT!" Then later her dog walks in my office while Im working. So I pet it a bit and go back to work. The owner comes in and says "Pet him! Stop what youre doing and pet him!" So I had to put my project down, turn my chair and give this dog more attention than I give my kids, lest she wont leave and I become literally Hitler in her eyes."

Fast forward a few days later. The dog is making the rounds again. So I decided "Im not dealing with this today." I was on deadline and I admit, still had my clams steamed from the last few interactions with this dog and the owner. So I (calmly) shoe'd the dog out of my office and closed my office door. NOW...turns out the boss of all bosses at my place (also a Dog Person) was with the dog, walking around. He sees me close my door on the dog and I come to find out he turned to the dog owner and a few coworkers in the vicinity and said "He doesnt like dogs, I guess. I really dont like people who dont like dogs."

So NOW....because I didn't play along and treat this dog like God, Im (again) literally Hitler and a bad person in the owner of my company's eyes, and everyone in the office who spends their mornings chasing a dog around with a fucking shovel and a baggie??!!?? What in the actual ****??!!??

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Im not a huge dog guy. Dont have a problem with them per se. Im warm and friendly with friend's and families' canine pets.

First of all, its a dog. Not a person. A dog. I know you love it. Good for you. But if you look down your nose at people giving their kids attention, then hand feed your shepard-collie-lab-mix a bone in ribeye every day and let him watch Family Feud, youre a dick.

Second...being a "dog person" doesnt make you special or more empathetic. It just means you like dogs and animals. Thats nice and good and a great quality to have. But it doesnt make you a better human than non dog people in any way. Some people are scared of dogs. Some just arent "animal people." Its probably has something to do with the whole "shitting on the carpet" thing they dont go for. So if you think loving a dog makes you superior, yet you judge non animal people and turn your nose up at parents, kids and old ladies then go back to the sentence above...youre a dick.

So my office is dog friendly. Its fine. They run around a bit sometimes. Not a huge deal. But this one woman here is over the top with her dog. For example, I came to her office and said "Hello Dog!" in a warm way and petted him. She went off on me..."HE HAS A NAME!...USE IT!" Then later her dog walks in my office while Im working. So I pet it a bit and go back to work. The owner comes in and says "Pet him! Stop what youre doing and pet him!" So I had to put my project down, turn my chair and give this dog more attention than I give my kids, lest she wont leave and I become literally Hitler in her eyes."

Fast forward a few days later. The dog is making the rounds again. So I decided "Im not dealing with this today." I was on deadline and I admit, still had my clams steamed from the last few interactions with this dog and the owner. So I (calmly) shoe'd the dog out of my office and closed my office door. NOW...turns out the boss of all bosses at my place (also a Dog Person) was with the dog, walking around. He sees me close my door on the dog and I come to find out he turned to the dog owner and a few coworkers in the vicinity and said "He doesnt like dogs, I guess. I really dont like people who dont like dogs."

So NOW....because I didn't play along and treat this dog like God, Im (again) literally Hitler and a bad person in the owner of my company's eyes, and everyone in the office who spends their mornings chasing a dog around with a fucking shovel and a baggie??!!?? What in the actual ****??!!??
You came to the wrong place to bitch about dogs mother fucker.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

You're a bad person because you literally said "literally Hitler."

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002

That’s what Ralph thinks

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
Jun 29, 2006
Cervix spelunking
I don't hate dogs, I generally hate dog owners. Just feed the dog poison, problem solved.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
I don't hate dogs, I generally hate dog owners. Just feed the dog poison, problem solved.

I have a special antifreeze cocktail for you, it’s sweet and delicious, you’re going to love it

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Say this to the dog nice and calm he will probably lap it right up.

Have you ever tried antifreeze? It’s delicious

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
I'm not a fan of the general public either, and I think that's what this thread is about. OP is just a little sensitive about pet parents because he feels like his job might be in jeopardy.