I hate my fucking website, can anyone help?

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
iqfurniture.net

I recently moved my store location. My stores website still has all of its old information on it. Phone number, address, all that shit. Its a flash site, but i cant get into it because one of my ex-partners contracted the work to his designer, and then the designer changed all the passwords and quit on us. I have no way of getting a hold of him. The guys i originally had design it said they couldnt do anything without the passwords.

I need to update the information, change pictures, update the links and manufacturers. Can anyone help? Or should I just take down the site and start all over?

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
where does the info/contact email go to?

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
You should have a site made that you can update yourself.
That was originally the plan. But the guys who designed it for me never got around to giving me the password and showing me how to after i asked them multiple times. I just want to be able to do it all myself.
where does the info/contact email go to?
All of the emails are directed to me.

Im doing a ad in the phonebook and on the yellowpages website, so i need to update all the info. I have let this shit sit idle way too long.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
O thoght it might go to the guy who designed the site.

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
your best off just starting over.
Should i just quit paying the hosting fees? If i do that could seomone else buy the domain name?

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
The domain is seprate from the hoasting. I usually get it all through GoDaddy.
I just went through this here where I work. I switched hosts and we just started the County site from scratch.

Many hosting companies purchase the domain for you as a service. You can see who has the contact info for the domain at: Network Solutions "Who Is" search. http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=iqfurniture.net

You don't have to find a new host, unless you want to. If you are paying more than $10 a month, you need a new host. Because there are a bunch of quality hosts out there for less then $10 a month. If you do switch hosting companies, you need to have them (the new host) to tell you what their DNS name servers are. Then tell the current host that you are changing web hosts and you need them to point the DNS name servers for your domains to the new names.

They should do this with no problem.

I use a company called Powweb, that's $7.77 / month. (www.powweb.com)

BUT if you wanted to start from scratch without changing hosts, you should be able to tell your current hosting company your situation and that you are paying the bills and your guy ran off, and they should be able to reset the password for you so you can update yourself or hire someone to do it.

I hope that rambling made sense. It should be mostly correct but I'm sure there's someone knows more about this than me and can corrrrect me if I'm wrong.

Oh yeah, like Martian said, you will have a hosting fee and a domain renewal fee. But once you have your domain name, iqfurniture.net you will only need to pay the fee for that every one or two years.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Tulsa, HEY I KNOW THAT PLACE.

lulz

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
I hear Steve from Foundrymusic.com makes great websites - very user friendly and easy to navigate. You should contact him.

On a serious note, you can either

A) call the host and get your username and password
B) File-->Save As in your browser and download most of the site content which then you can load into Frontpage/Dreamweaver and at least have a base.

the only problem I forsee (not a flash expert) is if you do get into the site and grab the .swf (flash) file I dont know how you can edit it. You really need the .fla file that the flash was created in.

Teddy

Nov 20, 2005
Here
if u call the host they should give u the login info after that u should be able to update the txt or whatever files the guy is using to load in outside content into flash. if he hard coded it into flash you will need a flash decompiler. if you want some help feel free to pm me.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
Your "Intelligence Quiz" Furniture Store sucks it bigtime..get yourself a 'copy' of Dreamweaver or GoLive and use a template if you must and put something of value up...that music bed is the WORST

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
We got both kinds of furniture here. Modern, and Contemporary!

Dammit! Now I got 2 chords running through my head.

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
I just went through this here where I work. I switched hosts and we just started the County site from scratch.

Many hosting companies purchase the domain for you as a service. You can see who has the contact info for the domain at: Network Solutions "Who Is" search. http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=iqfurniture.net

You don't have to find a new host, unless you want to. If you are paying more than $10 a month, you need a new host. Because there are a bunch of quality hosts out there for less then $10 a month. If you do switch hosting companies, you need to have them (the new host) to tell you what their DNS name servers are. Then tell the current host that you are changing web hosts and you need them to point the DNS name servers for your domains to the new names.

They should do this with no problem.

I use a company called Powweb, that's $7.77 / month. (www.powweb.com)

BUT if you wanted to start from scratch without changing hosts, you should be able to tell your current hosting company your situation and that you are paying the bills and your guy ran off, and they should be able to reset the password for you so you can update yourself or hire someone to do it.

I hope that rambling made sense. It should be mostly correct but I'm sure there's someone knows more about this than me and can corrrrect me if I'm wrong.

Oh yeah, like Martian said, you will have a hosting fee and a domain renewal fee. But once you have your domain name, iqfurniture.net you will only need to pay the fee for that every one or two years.
Thank you. That really helps a ton.

Tulsa, HEY I KNOW THAT PLACE.

lulz
Check out a show at Cain's Ballroom sometime. Gotta be one of the best concert venues in the south.

I hear Steve from Foundrymusic.com makes great websites - very user friendly and easy to navigate. You should contact him.
This mad me laugh hard. Thanks for the help.

if u call the host they should give u the login info after that u should be able to update the txt or whatever files the guy is using to load in outside content into flash. if he hard coded it into flash you will need a flash decompiler. if you want some help feel free to pm me.
Thanks ill probably hit you up once i research this shit more.

Your "Intelligence Quiz" Furniture Store sucks it bigtime..get yourself a 'copy' of Dreamweaver or GoLive and use a template if you must and put something of value up...that music bed is the WORST
The website sucks, the store does not. Thank you :D

We got both kinds of furniture here. Modern, and Contemporary!

Dammit! Now I got 2 chords running through my head.
"whaa"
"whaa"
"whaa"

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Hell man, you've been out of Fayetteville for like almost two years now. Slacker :action-sm Maybe I should drop by the Fayetteville location and browse the store

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
Hell man, you've been out of Fayetteville for like almost two years now. Slacker :action-sm Maybe I should drop by the Fayetteville location and browse the store
Dood! I figured you swung by the shop several times considering my old neigbor was washington county probation and parole. :aciton-sm

swing by sometime.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Dood! I figured you swung by the shop several times considering my old neigbor was washington county probation and parole. :aciton-sm

swing by sometime.
I'll swing by there when I eventually can buy my own HD camera and can get your shitbucket on TV so you can fight off that I.O.Metro nemesis of yours. Not to mention a sponsor of 40/29...

They also have many thousands of dollars worth of their shit decorating the new station. But I'm pretty sure the station didn't pay a dime for it and just got all of the stuff in exchange for multiple commercial spots.

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
I'll swing by there when I eventually can buy my own HD camera and can get your shitbucket on TV so you can fight off that I.O.Metro nemesis of yours. Not to mention a sponsor of 40/29...

They also have many thousands of dollars worth of their shit decorating the new station. But I'm pretty sure the station didn't pay a dime for it and just got all of the stuff in exchange for multiple commercial spots.

I appreacite it Sam.

IO made their best attempt as stealing my name, and companies. The sad thing is they move millions a year, but its junk furniture. Their quality is terrible. Some of their shit might only last 6 months at the most.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
that's the problem with furniture, quality costs and people are too willing to buy particle board junk Many times over instead of quality once.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
not a good sign when you click on the link for the company that made it for you is dead

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
that's the problem with furniture, quality costs and people are too willing to buy particle board junk Many times over instead of quality once.
Its a HUGE problem. Furniture is all about knocking each other off and who can do it the cheapest. I have a chair that i sell for $499. Another company here sells something very compareable in look and style for $199, but the quality is horrendous. The consumer wants The quality of the $499 chair, for the $199 price. That just doesnt happen.
Ummm get rid of the flash... gah...
What would you suggest? This site was originally just designed to be temporary because my partners dumped thousands into an ecommerce site. The people who took over the site you are looking at now are the same people who built the ecommerce site. They were working on it for 1.5 years, by the time it was ready to be put up, half of the furniture on the site was discontinued. It was a huge waste of time and money.

not a good sign when you click on the link for the company that made it for you is dead
Every time i look at this shit i get more and more pissed.

Thank you baggers, i knew i could count on you guys for the help.