I Hate Today's Society

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
I hate working for a company with bosses. Offices are just microcosms of today's society of lefty pussies that can't stand up for themselves, voice their opinions, or sound their grievances.

I think it's quite odd how society has turned from something in the 1970s where people had some common sense and were thinking individuals to the place of today where practical jokes can be felonies and streaking will result in you having to register as a sex offender.

The people making the uninformed and radical decisions are the same people that grew up in that decade doing those very things, practical jokes and flagrant nudity, for amusement.

Today, you have people wanting to put you in jail for 10 years for a fist fight, suing others for bad jokes and hurting feelings, or trying to convict a high school kid of felony charges because younger kids were present at a football game where he streaked across the field as a joke.

Are people that afraid of the human body? And why? Everyone has seen an ass, tits, pussies and dicks. So, does that mean that we are all psychologically damaged and in need of therapy now?

How can people be so tender that the smallest thing causes damage to them and scars them for life?

My disgust with today's society has just been developing over the last few years. You can't do anything, no one has common sense, everything is criminalized and people have no ability to stand up for themselves since they are always victimized in some way.

People are more concerned with watching gossip TV about Britney Spears' drama than they are about problems like Sudan or the bastard children in this country that grow up and further trouble society with crime.

Today I was informed by my boss that I could be in "big trouble" with the the higher ups at the company because I violated a "weapons policy." I had apparently frightened a faggoty young man last night.

I went to Walmart on break to look to see what kind of scopes they had so I could find something new for my hunting rifle to use this deer season. My friend at work is a former Marine and firearms enthusiast so I thought I'd take the SCOPE with me to show it to him incase he wanted to pick one up due to the low price and nice features.

So, after just getting the thing I had it there and was showing my friend how the reticle illuminates in both green and red for low light situations. The scope also has a 16x magnification which is pretty damn good. Well, the hallway is about 100 yards long and I took the scope along with another coworker to see what the poweroutlet looked like at maximum zoom from the other end of the hallway.

Then this faggoty young man walked in from a stairway while I was looking down the hall and he just looked at me with a grin on his face and flipped me off. So, I didn't think anything of it.

Today I was told that the guy felt "threatened" because he thought I was putting crosshairs on him and that I may want to hurt people. I couldn't even see the fucker because he was nothing but a blur due to the magnification.

But instead of asking me what in the fuck I was doing, he complained to the bosses about how I may be up to something bad and that I had part of a weapon at work.

Today I walked into the guy's office and told him that if he ever hears me say something, do something or have something that he doesn't understand then he needs to come speak with me and ask me things instead of assume nonsense and try to complicate things by speaking to bosses at work that aren't even part of my department.

A scope is no more a weapons part than a fucking sling. It's not a weapon and it is an accessory much like a flashlight. So, if I get fired that will be the reason, faggoty douches that has no common sense or any problem solving skills.

If they want to pull out the "company policy" card then I will make sure everyone knows about all of the shit at work that doesn't conform with policy.

There was a very girly girl with me the other night that was looking at the scope and she sure as hell didn't feel threatened. Maybe she has bigger balls than that Blink 182 listening motherfucker at work.

This folks is why I hate society. It frustrates the shit out of me because everyone is so sensitive, easily offended and generally void of any common sense. It makes me just want to be a recluse...

Below is that "threatening weapon." Let me know if you piss your pants from seeing it.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
You should retaliate by saying that because of him flipping you off, that you now feel as if he has created a 'hostile workplace' and that you are considering legal action.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
You should retaliate by saying that because of him flipping you off, that you now feel as if he has created a 'hostile workplace' and that you are considering legal action.
I think the motherfucker is just a troublemaker. He had bitched at my boss about a month ago because he came up to me wanting something done IMMEDIATELY when I was in the middle of doing two things at the same time already. I told the boy to hold on and I'd take care of it in a little bit.

So, then I was told that he said I was talking back to him and not taking care of what he gave me. I just told my boss that I was busy and that I wasn't going to drop what I was trying to get done in order to make the kid's problems go away from getting his shit done late.

Aug 11, 2005
You should have broke his hand when he flipped you off.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
uggh. what a self centered asshole. Good luck with that.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
good luck bro

Nortonsmeatytit

"That ball is outta here"
Sep 11, 2005
Philly
Just tell'em you find the same enthusiasm in a rifle scope as he does in one of the double headed dildos he keeps in his file cabinet for emergencies

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
NH
I say bring in the rest of the rifle and fire a few employees yourself.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
Looks like a bunch of cameras.....with that said= EXCILLENT POST SIR!!!!! I take my hand off to you :bigok

greensnacks

Dec 20, 2004
I think you will find, that no matter which business one works for, someone will always be offended at an action carried out by another, whether written, verbal or physical. Turn this one on the accuser. Prove to management that you are the good guy and the other is over-reacting or trying to screw the company.

I live in a political environment, subject to similar situations you speak of, where lawsuits == means to retirement or a substantial payday for "poor victims". Managers/Directors/superiors have to consider costs of litigation. Organizations will settle with a "victim" before being subjected to a trial, despite who is right or wrong.

If "Mr. cross hairs" is close to retiring and/or you believe they are looking to collect, I'd guilt them into feeling comfortable again for the good of the company. Consider your costs of dusting off the resume and explaining to future employers why you left your current position. People don't tend to complain, unless they are looking for something. Exploit this.

I'd request a sit-down with management and the employee. Work it out. Explain why you had the scope and make the "victim" feel so comfortable, they will think they'll be losing money if they ever consider hiring a lawyer.

In a separate meeting, show management why the other guy is stupid and trying to take advantage of an innocent situation or over-reacting. If you get management on your side, then you cast a dark shadow on the creep for many years to come.

Failure to work it out now will mean uncomfortable situations for as long as the two of you work there. 10 years later, you'll both hate each other and never agree on anything discussed in meetings.

Failure to resolve these situations makes life miserable for most other employees and most everyone will resent the both of you for it.

kidconnor

55gallon hog
Mar 16, 2005
brooklyn
What a crappy situation for something so simple. Sure you could sit down with managment and the loser and try to work it out but I already know the first question you are going to face. Well a couple of them.

When, in your mind, did bringing a rifle scope into work seem ok to you?
Are you not busy enough that you had time to do this at work? And involve your 2 co-workers, preventing them from working? Are they also not busy?(therefore throwing them under the bus too)
Was this so important that it couldn't wait until after work? in a more appropriate place? in a safer enviorment where you wouldn't alarm people?

(yech, even thinking these up makes me want to punch myself)

Either way its a no-win for you, and a no -win for the company if they push this to the side and the a-hole goes even further up the ladder or actually files a suit.

I also work in a place where non PC stuff, even the apperance of non PC stuff can cost people jobs and money. Thats how i can anticipate these questions. Silly and overdramtic questions yes, but those are probably the ones you will hear. Its a crappy society and crappy situation.

Aside from actually apologizing to the wuss and walking away, I see no easy way out for you, even if you bring up the finger gesture.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
The scopes look like camera lenses to me, but I'm not a hunter

This guy sounds like an asshole and seems to be gunning for you. If he's not your supervisor, then try to avoid him as much as you can.

Good luck

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Find out where he hangs and then toss the faggot a blanket party. tee hee

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I just wanna know how much that scope was. I'm thinking about going to pick it up for me

Oh, and just shoot the faggot

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
Not too threatening at all, and I don't get going to the boss.

Still, I would've certainly whooped you and broke your toy for putting me in your crosshairs :p

You don't put people in your sights unless you plan on shooting them.

;)

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas

Still, I would've certainly whooped you and broke your toy for putting me in your crosshairs :p

;)
There was no gun attached to the scope dude. It was basically a camera with no film in it at that point

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I had one employee charge me from across the warehouse floor with a steel pipe in the overhead position, when he was close enough I pulled out my knife and held it a 1/2" from his throat. The pipe dropped on the floor and he ran away like a little bitch.

Never had a problem with him after that day.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Dude, that sucks big time. My only advice, for the future; to protect yourself keep notes on all the little shit he pulls. For example, the time he tried to get you to do something immediately; Date, time, the request, what you were doing, why, it's priority in the greater scheme of things, his screw up(why he was pulling it last minute), etc. I learned this trick from an old timer (former union who was then management) in my company. He used it to protect himself from a particularly asshole of a boss and it worked. Upper management cant argue when you pull out notes and refute an accusers claims with detailed information.

MyKneeGrows

A Mean-Spirited Nothing™
Sep 14, 2006
Milwaukee
Fuck that douche bag, squirt some visine in his coffee and call it a day.

The scope on the other hand, she's a beauty. What make is that? Good luck in the woods this year, I can't fuckin wait.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas

;)
You wouldn't have done a god damned thing except come look at it :action-sm

And like I said, I wasn't acting like a retard sneaking around the hallways looking at people through the scope. I was trying to see if it was focusing in clearly at maximum magnification at the other end of the hallway.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
I just wanna know how much that scope was. I'm thinking about going to pick it up for me

Oh, and just shoot the faggot
Hey buddy, it's cheap as hell for a 16x scope. Wal-Mart has it for $67 and it's made by a new subsidiary of Crosman called Center Point.

It comes will flipping lens covers, two batteries (one extra), Weaver/Picatinny scope mounts already attached, and you get extra screws for both a mount and the sight turret along with allen wrenches for the two sizes.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Hey buddy, it's cheap as hell for a 16x scope. Wal-Mart has it for $67 and it's made by a new subsidiary of Crosman called Center Point.

It comes will flipping lens covers, two batteries (one extra), Weaver/Picatinny scope mounts already attached, and you get extra screws for both a mount and the sight turret along with allen wrenches for the two sizes.
That's fucking nice for 70$. I'm probably going to do an AR build soon and that sounds like it could be a winner