I have a Question for Mac users

Turfmower

Jan 17, 2005
Jersey
Every person that I talk to that has an Apple sound like they are in a brain washed cult. A guy I know bought a I Mac last year for $1900 after 2 weeks he knocked it over and Apple charged him $1400 for a new screen. Now he talking about buying a new Apple because his it too slow for the new operating system.

He goes on and on about how can't find the right windows drivers and how macs are wonderful and never have a problem you never have to fix them blah blah blah . How Bill Gates fucked over the apple guy when he made gooey, what that is I don't have a fucking clue.

All I see is he layed out $3300 on computer and going to buy a new one for $2000. I had a guy build me my computer 4 years ago for $650 and I spent $100 on a new video card 2 months ago to get a few more years out of it before I get a new one.

As for drivers I never had problem with plug in play for camera printers mice monitors. The only thing that show up when I scan computer are cookie. So the whole viruis thing is bull shit.

Does Apple guy flash some thing on screen so you talk endlessly how wonderful Apple is and how you must have the newest mac? because Bill Gates fucked him so he fucks his customers to send him more money?

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
They really were far superior machines at one point in the realm of graphics, music, and video production. This isn't the case anymore. A lot of people have more than enough reasons from the past to spout the praises of apple, and considering those high priced machines were much better up until a few years ago, there is no reason for them to believe otherwise seeing how they don't have many problems as compared to the PC community. Public opinion on macs will probably sway eventually, but until the art/music world starts transitioning, there isn't much hard evidence to back up the newer facts considering 99% of professional business use Mac for those tasks.

sniper

Front, and to the right...
Wackbag Staff
It's My Birthday!
Oct 13, 2004
Masshole
The reason I don't own a mac is because I can't build one. Also, everything is integrated, you can't just replace something when it breaks, NIC card got a shock of electricity? Fuck you, pay me.
Screw that.
As far as the OS goes, I work on them all the time, love the interface etc.. Software is the easy part.
But sobi is right, those machines were far ahead of their time with their FSB speeds and that's what made the graphics easier to manipulate. PC is catching up, but still not quite there.
I'm just hoping that by the time that happens the Open Source community has made easy free programs that do the same thing that Apple charges out of the ass for. It's a linux box, with a proprietary layer on it. You wanna talk about windows drivers, I wanna talk about open source programs that won't compile on a mac.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
If you knock over ANY device without an extended warranty, the manufacturer/store will NOT replace it.
That might suck, but it's not the company's fault; they don't have to pay for it. Please find evidence that a PC manufacturer will replace a computer due to non-hardware issues and I will gladly apologize.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
Meh...buy a middle of the road windows laptop and reimage it with Ubuntu

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
The reason I don't own a mac is because I can't build one. Also, everything is integrated, you can't just replace something when it breaks, NIC card got a shock of electricity? Fuck you, pay me.
Screw that.
As far as the OS goes, I work on them all the time, love the interface etc.. Software is the easy part.
But sobi is right, those machines were far ahead of their time with their FSB speeds and that's what made the graphics easier to manipulate. PC is catching up, but still not quite there.
I'm just hoping that by the time that happens the Open Source community has made easy free programs that do the same thing that Apple charges out of the ass for. It's a linux box, with a proprietary layer on it. You wanna talk about windows drivers, I wanna talk about open source programs that won't compile on a mac.
what he said

and I just bought the Macbook Pro, the one under the 17", and I love it. It's fast, doesn't lock up, doesn't have software crashes, took a bit to get used to the OS and how to navigate it, but it's great now. It cost $3000

my rig is a home built Vista Ultimate and I've upgraded it 4 times in the last 8 months. I've probably spent around $3000 on it as well, and I love it.

So basically what I'm saying is both are great, I love them both, and both are great at what they do. I can't play games on my mac, but so what, that's why I have my PC

Kurto2021

Certified Pest
Nov 28, 2004
The guy that bought an iMac a year ago and says it is too slow is a tool CPU's haven't progressed that much in a year. Hell my laptop is a G4 and it runs Leopard just fine.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
I do Video Production for a living and I do it all on windows. Got two XP machines and Vista on my main editing computer.

PS Macs suck.

Jun 22, 2003
I own a mac/ipod/iphone if there is a problem with any of them I go to the apple store and get a new one. NO calling Dell "customer service" no hassles. Yes I pay more for my machines but that ensures that I dont have any aggrivation I can speak to someone who speaks english and can solve my problem.

I have a PC too running vista, vista is bloated and has the annoying popups asking if I am sure I want to do this, wait are you really sure?

To me my mac trusts me and just works, overall my macbook does what I need it to do.

Most people who claim macs are "gay" or pcs are better generally havent used a mac since grade school.

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
Screw that.
x2 ^^^
egg zact lee

I really can't say it much better than that... a simple logical explanation.

----

stellarcomics said:
If you knock over ANY device without an extended warranty, the manufacturer/store will NOT replace it.
That might suck, but it's not the company's fault; they don't have to pay for it. Please find evidence that a PC manufacturer will replace a computer due to non-hardware issues and I will gladly apologize.
Yes, that comes down to customer abuse vs customer service...

It's like saying your friend wrecked his new Cadillac Escalade and the Caddilac dealership won't replace it for him... :icon_idea

----

dodisman said:
Meh...buy a middle of the road windows laptop and reimage it with Ubuntu
agreed... most Linux distro will use a computers resources faster and more efficiently than any Windows or Mac OS.

i overclocked an old AMD k2 with 128mb ram and installed ubuntu on it... its faster than my gf 3yr old dell that im posting this on. :)

----

Kurto2021 said:
The guy that bought an iMac a year ago and says it is too slow is a tool CPU's haven't progressed that much in a year. Hell my laptop is a G4 and it runs Leopard just fine.
me too... i have a 850mhz g4 that is able to run leopard (not as fast as it should) and that fucker is 4+ years old! now of course mac suggests against putting it on that slow of a machine, but i did, just to see if it would run... and it did. if you have anything within the last year... there is no way what so ever it is too slow for leopard. (i have since taken it off and went back to 10.4)

----

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
When parts are as easy to get and replace I'll consider a Mac.

I have slapped together quite a few PCs in my day and they all work fine.

Also, Mac has no games.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
I own a mac/ipod/iphone if there is a problem with any of them I go to the apple store and get a new one. NO calling Dell "customer service" no hassles. Yes I pay more for my machines but that ensures that I dont have any aggrivation I can speak to someone who speaks english and can solve my problem.

I have a PC too running vista, vista is bloated and has the annoying popups asking if I am sure I want to do this, wait are you really sure?

To me my mac trusts me and just works, overall my macbook does what I need it to do.

Most people who claim macs are "gay" or pcs are better generally havent used a mac since grade school.
You are stupid. Pay all that extra money for an apple product. You say you just get a new one, well you can do the same with a PC. You don't have to speak to a sand negro to buy a new one. You can't really be serious. Are you that far brain-washed? Seriously, just get an 800 dollar PC, next a newer faster 800 dollar PC. It's way cheaper then a Mac and you keep up with the tech better.

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
A long time ago my band paid a guy about $800 for a used iMac. We used it for Photoshop mostly making flyers for our upcoming shows. It was slower than shit but it worked and we liked it.

Then one day something mysterious happened to it, and that fucking Aqua Marine box sat there for MONTHS. We couldn't do anything with it and there wasn't an Apple store anywhere near him where he lives in PA. Let me also add that we did take it apart. Someone we knew had another broken iMac (go figure) so we stripped it for parts. Swapped hard drives and tried it again. Yea, that didn't work either.

Now we all have PCs. When something happens to it, I go to Newegg, get the new part and replace it myself. My downtime is only up to myself and the few days UPS or FedEx takes to deliver.

It doesn't look as trendy, but if fucking works. I can also upgrade my existing tower to be a beast gaming computer or keep it as a basic web browsing computer. I have options.

Seems with Mac you have to buy it how you want it at that moment and there's no upgrading.

I have no use for a computer like that. Mac seems the choice of the novice.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
A long time ago my band paid a guy about $800 for a used iMac. We used it for Photoshop mostly making flyers for our upcoming shows. It was slower than shit but it worked and we liked it.

Then one day something mysterious happened to it, and that fucking Aqua Marine box sat there for MONTHS. We couldn't do anything with it and there wasn't an Apple store anywhere near him where he lives in PA. Let me also add that we did take it apart. Someone we knew had another broken iMac (go figure) so we stripped it for parts. Swapped hard drives and tried it again. Yea, that didn't work either.

Now we all have PCs. When something happens to it, I go to Newegg, get the new part and replace it myself. My downtime is only up to myself and the few days UPS or FedEx takes to deliver.

It doesn't look as trendy, but if fucking works. I can also upgrade my existing tower to be a beast gaming computer or keep it as a basic web browsing computer. I have options.

Seems with Mac you have to buy it how you want it at that moment and there's no upgrading.

I have no use for a computer like that. Mac seems the choice of the novice.

uh oh, that's gonna piss some people off :D

poopiebottoms

Sparkling Wiggles Lover
Aug 23, 2002
1989 - Baba Booey!
I like the fact the mac runs a unix variant as its kernel. It's great for development. I initially had planned on buying a windows laptop and then put linux on it, but at the time linux wireless drivers were pretty sketchy.

I bought the mac, so I didn't have to deal with driver issues, and could do pretty much everything I do on both my windows and linux boxes.

I've noticed that macs tend to be popular among technology professors and researchers, and many scientists. When going back and forth between linux clusters and macs the transition is quite easy. However, Windows tends to be a lot less reliable in computational intensive or scientific tasks. Often additional software packages need to be purchased just to interface between systems, whereas in the mac and linux boxes, the stuff is already there.

By the way, I know for a fact that most of our country's national labs run linux and macs for their developers and scientists. Only the secretaries run windows, and nobody has switched to Vista due to its instability, and unproven track record.

Jun 22, 2003
You are stupid. Pay all that extra money for an apple product. You say you just get a new one, well you can do the same with a PC. You don't have to speak to a sand negro to buy a new one. You can't really be serious. Are you that far brain-washed? Seriously, just get an 800 dollar PC, next a newer faster 800 dollar PC. It's way cheaper then a Mac and you keep up with the tech better.

Your reading comprehension can use a tune up. I never said I BOUGHT a new one. They will REPLACE it much like how they did with Jimmy's iPhone. For free they will also transfer everything to the new machine.

Also what difference does it make to you how I spend my money? I earn enough not to want to fix a computer I want one that works and will pay a premium for the service.

Perhaps you need to save money by working on a PC yourself, I dont.

You love to suck MSFTs dick and I get it but before attacking me please learn to read and comprehend a sentence. Thanks.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
Your reading comprehension can use a tune up. I never said I BOUGHT a new one. They will REPLACE it much like how they did with Jimmy's iPhone. For free they will also transfer everything to the new machine.

Also what difference does it make to you how I spend my money? I earn enough not to want to fix a computer I want one that works and will pay a premium for the service.

Perhaps you need to save money by working on a PC yourself, I dont.

You love to suck MSFTs dick and I get it but before attacking me please learn to read and comprehend a sentence. Thanks.
jesus dude, harsh no?

and who gives a fuck what you have, I have both, love them both, so what does it matter.

Jun 22, 2003
jesus dude, harsh no?

and who gives a fuck what you have, I have both, love them both, so what does it matter.
WTF is up with the double standard, he calls me out and calls me stupid for owning a mac. For some reason he likes the feel of MSFT cock and thats fine, he calls me out so I smashed him in the mouth.

Next time he can mind his own business or learn to read.

Aero 1

Mar 18, 2005
Clifton, NJ
WTF is up with the double standard, he calls me out and calls me stupid for owning a mac. For some reason he likes the feel of MSFT cock and thats fine, he calls me out so I smashed him in the mouth.

i agree with you, beeman is a cunt. oh wait, you didnt say that, but beeman is a cunt.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005

man, don't be so hurtful.

and you didn't smash him in the mouth, you put some letters together that formed words on a message board. I'm not saying you're wrong or MV is wrong, but calmo dude

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
I'll say this, I've had a PC for just about 20 years now, and I've never ever had a virus. I have grandparents that are tech waterheads that have never had a virus. If you get a virus on your computer, you deserve it.

Vista is secure, XP is secure, and Mac OSX is secure. Please let it stop

Kurto2021

Certified Pest
Nov 28, 2004
Vista is secure, XP is secure, and Mac OSX is secure. Please let it stop
LOL XP and Vista Secure.....ha ha ha

Security through anti (antivirus, anti-spyware)

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
LOL XP and Vista Secure.....ha ha ha

Security through anti (antivirus, anti-spyware)
you know why it's not secure, it's because dummies don't know what they are doing. I know a lot of people that don't use any anti virus or anti spam, and they use firefox as their browser, and they don't get shit on their comp. Again, like was said before, when you have 1 Mac to every 100 PC's, you going to have issues due to stupid people.