I have more GEEK questions

Turfmower

Jan 17, 2005
Jersey
I have 3 computer and my Laser printer plugged in to my Netgear web safe router gateway RP614 Computers are a P4 with XP, Celerron with XP, and AMD with Vista the Printer is Cannon MF5770.
I can print with any computer to the printer. I have a 2nd Printer a photo that hooked up to the P4.

Is there a way to Print from the other printers to the Photo printer? now i save stuff to USB drive and move it to computer with Photo printer.

Is there any way i can send files from one computer to one of the other? with out people looking at my shit though the cable modem?

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
I have 3 computer and my Laser printer plugged in to my Netgear web safe router gateway RP614 Computers are a P4 with XP, Celerron with XP, and AMD with Vista the Printer is Cannon MF5770.
I can print with any computer to the printer. I have a 2nd Printer a photo that hooked up to the P4.

Is there a way to Print from the other printers to the Photo printer? now i save stuff to USB drive and move it to computer with Photo printer.

Is there any way i can send files from one computer to one of the other? with out people looking at my shit though the cable modem?
Put all of the computers on the same workgroup and then share the photo printer.

Turfmower

Jan 17, 2005
Jersey
Thanks I guess ill be google to find out what a work group is and how to make one

Turfmower

Jan 17, 2005
Jersey
OK i got it all fucked up now my work computer wont conect to the net or use the nework printer

Turfmower

Jan 17, 2005
Jersey
I got it all back working but still didnt figure out the work group thing

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
You may not have networking enabled. If you want to share a printer from one of the pc's, go to the Printers and Faxes item on your start menu or from the control panel.

Right click on the printer you want to share, and click on "Sharing".
Click on "Share this printer" and give it name or use the default.
If sharing is not enabled, you will be directed to the networking wizard which will walk you through setting up a home network.

Same thing applies for sharing a drive or folder.