OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

I Have Only Discovered Ron and Fez in The Last 6 Months or So

Discussion in 'Classic Ron & Fez Discussion' started by TurdGuzzler, Aug 31, 2011.

1. TurdGuzzler

TurdGuzzler Registered User

Of course I had heard of the show before, but it was Special Delivery that first got me interested in listening on a normal basis. ESD is the reason I love Ron and Fez now even though he has departed from the program. I still listen to nearly every daily show now and a bunch of old stuff, and I have to say I love it!!!

2. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

I still prefer R+F to O+A. I explained it in a thread awhile back. Search for it.

3. peewee

peewee Registered User

Welcome to the party. Ron and Fez is a very smart clever show you would never know it by some of the callers though

4. Yesterdays Hero

Yesterdays Hero She's better than you, Smirkalicious.

The Ron and Fez show is great.

Except for the Fez part.

5. Mother Shucker

Mother Shucker I'm over here now.

So you just found them 6 months ago and you still listen?

Ron and Fez dot com.

6. DJ Evel Ed

DJ Evel Ed MayYourCumCrustedCocksBeConstantlyCoveredInCunt

You should have heard them on WNEW. Everyone was peaking and I dont necessarily mean drugs....necessarily...

7. TurdGuzzler

When did Ronnie get sober?

8. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Imagine what this guy would have thought when the show wasn't a podcast done for 32 people.

9. transit grinder

transit grinder Baglin' with the Sex

Seriously. Though I'm not entirely convinced everything he says isn't facetious.

The Ron show still has the potential to still be one of the most interesting radio shows on the air. Dude can spin and listen to and help someone else spin one hell of a yarn.

10. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Everything Ron says IS facetious. That's part of what makes him so funny.

11. transit grinder

I meant TurdGuzzler.

...Is this one of those "Oh, literal Transit Grinder" moments?

12. ughh

ughh Registered User

Fez already has had 3 heart attacks. #4 will probably kill him. Then the show will be great and Ron can use his salary to hire literally any other human being on the whole planet and the show would vastly improve.

13. okterrificsk2

okterrificsk2 Registered User

Or by what the other "host" contributes.

I also have the Ron show as my fav show and has been since 2003. That said i refuse to call it the Ron and Fez show @ this point and for about a year and a half now. I was really hoping that 3rd heart attack or whatever it was about a year ago would give Fez a reason to retire but sadly no.

Whatever though as long as ron's speaking into a mic i'll be listening but goddamn fez is a shell of a shell of a shell of his former self and he's such an unfun downer i wish he would go away.

like when sirius used ESD and black earls salary to employ others? I agree though rons actually taking people off the street (rustin, lilly,htg,etc) and they do a better job than Fez. blueberry stand alone fruit.

14. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

Why do people still think that Ron can or is going to pay people out of his salary? This is always brought up with the "bring back ESD, use part of Fez and Ron's salary to pay him" nonsense. They are hired by Siriusxm and paid by Siriusxm.

15. TurdGuzzler

"Fez" is a character, correct?

16. fletcher

Donator

He was, but now he is just a wreck of a man.

17. LiddyRules

As easy as it is to hate the show, I still find it more interesting than O+A. Taking away canned interviews or FOTS segments, I find the discussions on Ron's show to have a greater depth than those on O+A, who seem more and more prone to soapboxing and proving how much better they are than the regular media. Also, I love the uncomfortableness when Ron slams Fez.

No answer is a good answer. No answer makes sense.

18. ughh

ughh Registered User

I agree Ron and Fez is more interesting than O&A but O&A are ten million times funnier. I don't think Sirrius would mind hiring some replacement for Fez they probably could get some new up and coming comedian or something and pay him 1/10 of Fez's salary. If Ron wants a flaming homosexual sidekick there are literally thousands of them within a few blocks of the Sirrius building.

I don't know why he is so loyal fez anyway. It is not like they were together for like 30 years before he went insane. As far as I know Ron and Fez were together from like 1998-2005 and then Fez went insane and turned into a neurotic mute grandmother. He has been the insane mess almost longer than he was a functional co-host.

Ron just needs to stick him in an old folks home, he loves doctors and can sit in a chair not talking without burdening his friend ron and boring millions of radion listeners.

19. fletcher

Donator

Ron is a loyal to the end guy and has been with Fez for almost his entire radio career and has also said that he knew Todd well before they got together on radio. Fez isnt going anywhere and Ron would never allow a replacement.

20. transit grinder

Which is exactly what is wrong with the whole thing. Management needs to step in.

21. Jacuzzi Billy

Jacuzzi Billy Watching PTI
    Donator

Ron has said Mgmt thinks the show is great like it is so I doubt that happens.

22. LiddyRules

Well Kids sucks so what do they know.

23. psyduck

psyduck Registered User

Yeah, what he said. Used to feel bad for Fezzie; but no more. Ron should Baker Act him, IMHO, for his own good and the good of all.

24. ughh

ughh Registered User

I will never feel bad for fez after he went to HR and tried to have Roland fired. It boggles my mind that O&A didn't turn on him then. I guess a lot of behind the scenes shit probably went on that won't come out till after Fez's heart explodes like a overripe tomato and they wheel his rancid corpse out of the studio.

25. LiddyRules

I hate Dave more, but Fez is one of the most loathesome characters I've ever witnesses.