I Have to fire someone

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
Feb 11, 2006
Michigan
I refuse to do it until after Valentines day. This will be my first firing and its gonna be a double shot.. One guy is almost worthless and really needs togo. The other one just doesn't have the experience needed and isn't really learning quick enough. What a horrible feeling this is. I wish i could do ants impression of Vince Mcmahon.

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
You could just take them off the payroll and not tell them. Eventually they'll get the hint.

Unless there's a glitch and they end up continuing to get paid for 5 years until a couple consultants come in and fix the glitch.

SurlyTruckDrivr

You've got a friend in WDTv2.0
Apr 28, 2005
Westport, Mass
You could just take them off the payroll and not tell them. Eventually they'll get the hint.

Unless there's a glitch and they end up continuing to get paid for 5 years until a couple consultants come in and fix the glitch.
then he comes in and burns the fucking building down

I refuse to do it until after Valentines day. This will be my first firing and its gonna be a double shot.. One guy is almost worthless and really needs togo. The other one just doesn't have the experience needed and isn't really learning quick enough. What a horrible feeling this is. I wish i could do ants impression of Vince Mcmahon.
yeah, it sucks, I had to fire someone 2 weeks ago, not fun. Mine was easy, because the guy got caught stealing some candy in a store on his route, and admitted to it, so at least he knew he was gonna be gone and didn't put up an argument. Good luck man. Oh, and fire them on a Friday too. :D

edit: damn, douch nozzle you beat me to that one, I type too slow

SwimConnerSwim

O&A Token Midget
Feb 20, 2007
New Jersey
My wife has to fire someone in the near future. She isn't looking forward to it. Me, I live with the fear of being fired.

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
Feb 11, 2006
Michigan
What line of work are they doing?

Both are prep-cooks at my restaurant. It's a family run, averaged price, so their hourly wage is just over 10.00. So you might think big deal they can get another job anywhere. Thats not really the case . Here in MI we have a huge unemployement problem. The 2 months before we opened we got over 200 applications. So a 10.00 job is actually important.

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
Oct 4, 2004
Morris Plains, New Jersey
The first one is always the hardest. Personally, I have had to terminate 4 people in the past 2 weeks. I look at it this way. If they have been spoken to numerous times about there work performance, and they still do not start to improve, you have to let them go, in the best interests of the company. Also, the motto I go by when deciding whether to terminate is "If you knew when you hired them what you know now about there work ethic, etc, would you still have hired them'. If the answer is no, then you have to let them go.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Hey don't worry about it. Just put on a smile and try to not think about how those people will struggle to pay their bills and may get kicked out of their home because they can no longer provide for themselves

:action-sm Goodluck, go get em tiger!

English Gent

Feb 15, 2005
Fuck them. Fuck them in their fucking assholes.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I've had to fire a couple of naggers before, did it on a Friday, only to come in on Monday to some property damage (a.k.a. revenge trashing) broken windows and some office stuffed smashed.

Of course the cops just took a report, needless to say I went on high alert :)AR15firin) just in case. Didn't tell the owner either, but he kind of knew I was ready for the worst.

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
Oct 4, 2004
Morris Plains, New Jersey
I've had to fire a couple of naggers before, did it on a Friday, only to come in on Monday to some property damage (a.k.a. revenge trashing) broken windows and some office stuffed smashed.

Of course the cops just took a report, needless to say I went on high alert :)AR15firin) just in case. Didn't tell the owner either, but he kind of knew I was ready for the worst.

A few weeks ago, someone in one of our other offices was terminated.. Below are some pictures of what the workers saw when they came to work the next morning . The guy was arrested, and is awaiting trial for criminal trespass, vandalizism, terroristic threats and one or 2 other charges.

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
I have repo'ed cars and evicted people from their apartments.

Firing is a cake walk.

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
Feb 11, 2006
Michigan
Repo'ing cars sounds exciting. those two things people had an oportunity to make the situation right(pay their bills). Unless they got fired and lost their jobs. NOW i feel worse.

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas

What is so special about Valentines Day? It is not Christmas. If they need to be fired for legit reasons man up and let them go.

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
Give one of 'em a card with a nice poem and make it easier on yourself.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You are fired
Please tell Carl he is too

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
Just be direct and fair and with the one who's inexperienced, tell him that, and that you're happy to give him a good reference to get experience.

But don't take his stapler.

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
You should be fired for being such a pussy.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006

At least he didn't take it too bad.

Give them the old good news/bad news:

Bad news is business looks like it will be slowing down. Good news is you two don't have to worry about being here to watch it happen. Good bye and god bless.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
What is so special about Valentines Day? It is not Christmas. If they need to be fired for legit reasons man up and let them go.
Prep cooks = restaurant = Valentine's Day is a busy occasion for restaurants.

I don't blame him for waiting. Why fuck yourself out of two extra helpers, no matter how shitty. They can always wash dishes.