I Haz Old Beer Cans

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
So I had to move some crap at my Grandpa's house today, and he was throwing out an box filled with old beer cans.
About 100. I think they're kind of cool, so I grabbed them. Now I have a giant box of beer cans sitting around my house.

I'm thinking of what I can do with them... If you had a bar or something they'd be good for decoration I guess.

There's some that I've never even heard of. And they're all the older aluminum, pretty solid and much thicker.

The opening is so small, where's the WIDE MOUTH? Did people back then have tiny mouths?

This just has numbers on it, 1-14. Nothing on the top or bottom, just number.

This is a 7oz Coors. Who buys a 7oz beer?

These are just randoms.
"Our" Beer?
"Polar" Bear Beer?
Some are probably Malts, which I don't drink, so maybe they're well known

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Those are pretty cool and in great condition. I say hold on to them and look for collectors and try to sell them to the highest bidder.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
This just has numbers on it, 1-14. Nothing on the top or bottom, just number.
For some reason I am reminded of 1970's sit-com's like Archie Bunker when seeing these cans. I remember episodes from old tv shows where the beer can just said "BEER" on it before all the product placement these days.

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Those are pretty cool and in great condition. I say hold on to them and look for collectors and try to sell them to the highest bidder.
Seems like one of those things where you would get $15 for everything.
I kind of want to do something with them, but can't think.
So they'll probably sit in the basement.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Call the American Pickers, maybe you can get more. Maybe a blowjob, too.

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
Ya drank Tuborg Gold back in late seventies, was served at ` My Father`s Place` in Roslyn:

Great beer:

Saw guitar great Roy Buchanen drinking that there and Rory Gallagher, good old days:

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State

For some reason I am reminded of 1970's sit-com's like Archie Bunker when seeing these cans. I remember episodes from old tv shows where the beer can just said "BEER" on it before all the product placement these days.
That reminds me of the "clever" ways we used to keep track of my grandma's beers during holiday gatherings. One Christmas I had to work and when I showed up a few hours after the festivities had started she had probably 10 of those cheapo Christmas bows in her hair. She turns 90 next year.

I wonder if that's the point to those cans. You just take a marker and check off what beer you're on.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
That reminds me of the "clever" ways we used to keep track of my grandma's beers during holiday gatherings. One Christmas I had to work and when I showed up a few hours after the festivities had started she had probably 10 of those cheapo Christmas bows in her hair. She turns 90 next year.

I wonder if that's the point to those cans. You just take a marker and check off what beer you're on.
1-14 isn't near enough numbers for Glenn Dandy.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
My brother used to keep the tabs or caps in one specific pocket so he would know how many beers he could handle at the next party. After his friends and I learned of that trick we dumped as many caps and tabs in his pocket as possible. I sincerly hope he still remembers the next hangover he had on account of the pocket full of garbage he got.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Some were at my moms house I have a few hundred. Beer can collecting was big in the 70's

Dikbag

Dec 11, 2004
NW Ohio
do some research on those. A few might be worth some money.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Old beer cans are pretty cool. I'll find some decent ones while out in the woods logging. I guess the old fallers/laborers had no issues with dropping and hauling giant redwood trees while shitfaced.

Either you got a pretty decent find there, or you're in the infancy of becoming a hoarder.:action-sm

bb1mobile

wackbag's special mod
Wackbag Staff
Jul 10, 2007
Just wandering around
I haven't seen some of those beers in years.

As for the pony cans (7 oz'ers), they're great on really
hot days. Sink a bunch in an big ice filled bucket and
you'll have really cold beer fast and it won't take long
to kill the can so it doesn't have time to get warm.
Get a case of 24 and you're all set.

Rash Rendering

Feb 9, 2010
Lock em up in the basement and sell them in 20 years.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
I remember Carling Black Label and Lucky's from when I was a kid. My grandparents would go across the state line to MO and bootleg the cheap beer back into KS for them and all their friends.

Got some church-key and push button cans? I got a few.

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
there's an old beer can in my back yard with the can opener marks, before they even had pull tabs.