I hit something in the road today

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
It was right in the middle of one of those loops you get on to go from one major road to another. Some plastic box with a metal lock on it. I would have swerved to avoid it, but the loop was very narrow, and any sudden jolt would have more than likely sent me into a rail. My only option was to take it head on. I braced for it, and it made ugly popping and breaking sounds as I went through it. There was even an awful dragging noise for about a mile afterwards, which I had to go until I could find a section of the road that I could actually pull off of and feel safe about it. I got out fully expecting to see the front end massacred. Not so. The dragging was from a piece that had loosely lodged into a section of the grill. Easily removed. Also, no tire damage. And, fortunately, there was no damage underneath the car that I could see. It's set kind of low to the ground, so it has skid plates.

I even drove it around for an extra hour afterwards, and there didn't appear to be any damage from the event. The tires are still inflated, the steering was fine, etc. No harm, no foul, right? Not so. Because it's my dad's car, and we're in a bit of limbo right now to where we (myself, my father, and my stepmother) all need one of the two cars at a certain time to get to work. And to have one of the cars out of commission for repairs just wouldn't do.

Do I tell my dad and stepmom about what happened, even though there seems to be no damage at all?

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
No harm, no foul.

Keep your mouth shut, because you don't want to give them more ammo to use against you, right?

Valk

Spreading the Virus on NJ GSP 91 to 148
Aug 20, 2006
Point Pleasant, NJ
No leaking fluids? Drives ok? No visible damage? You have full deny ability.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
OK you may be the dumbest person on the planet.

A) you drove for a mile or so with a dragging noise. If it was concrete wall lane to lane with no break down lane. You have an excuse.

B) Why hide shit u dope, say hey I was an idiot going to fast and not paying attention to my surroundings and hit something, I checked out the car there seems to be no damage, maybe you should take a look and see too maybe I missed something.

C) if the car has a bad break line cause of it and your dad or mom or who ever hits a wall at 55, yea u wont have guilt for the rest of your life

D) YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Nothing is leaking, there's no visible damage & it drives okay = you never ran anything over

Edit: I like Fruit Monkey's answer better though

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
I made Eggs Benedict today.

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
You're absolutely right. I should act like a man. But I'm a scared and unsure little man right now.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
It was right in the middle of one of those loops you get on to go from one major road to another. Some plastic box with a metal lock on it. I would have swerved to avoid it, but the loop was very narrow, and any sudden jolt would have more than likely sent me into a rail. My only option was to take it head on. I braced for it, and it made ugly popping and breaking sounds as I went through it. There was even an awful dragging noise for about a mile afterwards, which I had to go until I could find a section of the road that I could actually pull off of and feel safe about it. I got out fully expecting to see the front end massacred. Not so. The dragging was from a piece that had loosely lodged into a section of the grill. Easily removed. Also, no tire damage. And, fortunately, there was no damage underneath the car that I could see. It's set kind of low to the ground, so it has skid plates.

I even drove it around for an extra hour afterwards, and there didn't appear to be any damage from the event. The tires are still inflated, the steering was fine, etc. No harm, no foul, right? Not so. Because it's my dad's car, and we're in a bit of limbo right now to where we (myself, my father, and my stepmother) all need one of the two cars at a certain time to get to work. And to have one of the cars out of commission for repairs just wouldn't do.

Do I tell my dad and stepmom about what happened, even though there seems to be no damage at all?
OK you may be the dumbest person on the planet.

A) you drove for a mile or so with a dragging noise. If it was concrete wall lane to lane with no break down lane. You have an excuse.

B) Why hide shit u dope, say hey I was an idiot going to fast and not paying attention to my surroundings and hit something, I checked out the car there seems to be no damage, maybe you should take a look and see too maybe I missed something.

C) if the car has a bad break line cause of it and your dad or mom or who ever hits a wall at 55, yea u wont have guilt for the rest of your life

D) YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!
So he may be the dumbest person on the planet because you can't fucking read and comprehend?

No harm, no foul dude. Don't say a fucking thing if you're worried about the repercussions, especially if nothing's wrong with the vehicle.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
fucking kids