I hope Dave was paying attention today.

fiuspacey

Momus - God of Mockery
Oct 13, 2004
Lakeland, Fl
Dave is a newly married man and he's recently found out he's going to become a father. He also has a prominent role in an extremely funny, intelligent radio show.

That being said, I truly hope he took a long hard look at that fat hack Billy Staples, because it is extremely possible that future Dave is going to look, sound and feel just like him. Did anyone else cringe every time Billy tried to chime in with one of his "gems" during Mike the Teacher's segment?

The scary part is that after a few minutes passed Billy sounded like he was getting more and more comfortable being back on the show, which led to him firing away freely whenever he saw fit. And once that happened, it truly sounded to me like the rambling, unfunny lunacy Dave could very well be spewing in 5-7 years.

I wish him and Casey all the luck in the world, don't get me wrong. My wife and I are expecting our first child as well. I like Dave and think he's basically a good person with some serious social retardation that causes him to act in ways that make him seem like an asshole. But he needs to take an honest look at himself and address certain personality traits. Maybe we lose a lot of the psychotic Dave we've come to know, but what's really important is that that baby have two caring parents and a father who isn't self-destructing at every turn. Godspeed.

Nov 5, 2002
Washington D.C.
My youngest brother used to be a very unstable nut but now that he's married and has a baby girl, I've never seen him better. He's a responsible human being and is back on speaking terms with the family.

Point is that different people react to these situations in different ways. Remember that less than a year ago Dave was knocking on another girl's door in desperation and now he's married with a kid on the way. Some would call that self destructive but maybe it's just what he needs.

GoldenOne

May 17, 2007
Bridgewater, Joisey
Dave has the job he wants....co-host of a nationally recorded satellite show. I really thought we might at some point have Fez back, but no dice. So Dave enjoy knocking up your chick as another way to get 2 of the 2:15 hours on the air dedicated to you. Much like your wedding was a way to keep yourself on the air.

Ronnie B. line of the day (Most of the past few weeks):

Welcome to the R-n-F show show, (comments on the intro song), followed by "So Dave what do you think about..."

Dave rants for a few hours.

Re-name this forum to Ron and Dave please.

disgustip8ed

Jun 20, 2001
CT
um . . .

Dave persona on Radio = bit

Dave as dad = responsible human being

He's gonna go through the same shit every man goes through when they have kids, which is KID COMES FIRST, EVERYTHING else is a sidenote.

If you really think that Dave is gonna be "wacky endanger my lively hood and my kid" guy, then you need to take a deep breath and step back for a few minutes.

seriously.

Nov 8, 2005
Below Canada
i think the point of the original post, was the fact the Billy was awful yesterday, and Dave has the potential to be the same way.
Dave did show moments of it yesterday when he was arguing with Roland.

TheTruth

BabyFuck fan since day 1
Jun 27, 2006
North Jersey
Dave is a newly married man and he's recently found out he's going to become a father. He also has a prominent role in an extremely funny, intelligent radio show.

That being said, I truly hope he took a long hard look at that fat hack Billy Staples, because it is extremely possible that future Dave is going to look, sound and feel just like him. Did anyone else cringe every time Billy tried to chime in with one of his "gems" during Mike the Teacher's segment?

The scary part is that after a few minutes passed Billy sounded like he was getting more and more comfortable being back on the show, which led to him firing away freely whenever he saw fit. And once that happened, it truly sounded to me like the rambling, unfunny lunacy Dave could very well be spewing in 5-7 years.

I wish him and Casey all the luck in the world, don't get me wrong. My wife and I are expecting our first child as well. I like Dave and think he's basically a good person with some serious social retardation that causes him to act in ways that make him seem like an asshole. But he needs to take an honest look at himself and address certain personality traits. Maybe we lose a lot of the psychotic Dave we've come to know, but what's really important is that that baby have two caring parents and a father who isn't self-destructing at every turn. Godspeed.
First off to compare ESD and Billy Staples is complete lunacy. Dave might like the drink a bit, but who doesn’t. It doesn't affect his everyday life. Billy Staples was a complete addict in everyway listen to the old NEW shows, where he talks about Coke, pills, you name it.

And his "social retardation" and him acting psychotic is what you hear on the radio, not him in his home life.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
First off to compare ESD and Billy Staples is complete lunacy. Dave might like the drink a bit, but who doesn’t. It doesn't affect his everyday life. Billy Staples was a complete addict in everyway listen to the old NEW shows, where he talks about Coke, pills, you name it.

And his "social retardation" and him acting psychotic is what you hear on the radio, not him in his home life.
Yes, Dave in person was a nice highlight for the trip out there. The guy is really friendly and cool. Wish I had met him at Bar Nine but what can you do.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box

Dave dared himself to drink his diseased piss and ate his own shit just one up and intern. Is the comparison really that crazy?

fiuspacey

Momus - God of Mockery
Oct 13, 2004
Lakeland, Fl
i think the point of the original post, was the fact the Billy was awful yesterday, and Dave has the potential to be the same way.
Dave did show moments of it yesterday when he was arguing with Roland.
Thank you for getting it.

I'm well aware that the Dave we hear on the radio isn't the Dave who goes home at night. But you can't tell me Dave's never needed to be reprimanded for his actions off air. It's not like we've never heard Ronnie make references to things Dave's gotten in trouble for in the past.

I'm not saying I think Dave's going to be teaching his kid how to each shit or drink piss, retards. I'm talking about the nuggets of reality that squeak through on the radio, things that suggest that Dave still has a bit of growing up to do. Hopefully becoming a father will push him to a place where he needs to be. I truly wish him and his new family the best.

P.S. - Ronnie just now referred to Billy as "the Dave of his day." So let's not act like I'm seeing something no one else does.

TheTruth

BabyFuck fan since day 1
Jun 27, 2006
North Jersey
Dave dared himself to drink his diseased piss and ate his own shit just one up and intern. Is the comparison really that crazy?
Yes because that is "show Dave" drinking piss and eating shit as part of a radio bit is nothing compaired to how Billy Staples fucked up his life.

Dave does say and do crazy thing's yes. Dave does act like a crazy drunk sometimes, weekends when Ronnie lets him drink on the show. But that is nothing, you could see/hear Billy Staples life falling apart when he was on the show.

P.S. - Ronnie just now referred to Billy as "the Dave of his day." So let's not act like I'm seeing something no one else does.
Yes he plays the part that Billy Staples and even Al Dukes played back in the day. That doesn't mean Dave is gonna drive his car into a pole move back in with his parents and not be able to leave sea level.

fiuspacey

Momus - God of Mockery
Oct 13, 2004
Lakeland, Fl
All I'm saying is it's not hard to see how Dave could possibly fall on some Billy Staples-like hard times. You can defend and enable him all you want, I'm just showing concern.