I just got drafted.

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
Damn military.I know it's not actualy a draft but it's similar enough. I got a path already set and you send me the most unwanted letter ever. This really ruined my day. Anyone know how to got out of this (other then head to canada or have a sex change operation?)

To those who are serving reading this I mean no disrespect but I'm going to school and have a career path laid out and have been trained for my job and I have no time for this.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/us-draft1.htm

http://www.sss.gov/Default.htm

Fuck you selective services (which remindes me of central services. Ony movie nerds will get that).

Nov 29, 2006
FL
Damn military.I know it's not actualy a draft but it's similar enough. I got a path already set and you send me the most unwanted letter ever. This really ruined my day. Anyone know how to got out of this (other then head to canada or have a sex change operation?)

To those who are serving reading this I mean no disrespect but I'm going to school and have a career path laid out and have been trained for my job and I have no time for this.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/us-draft1.htm

http://www.sss.gov/Default.htm

Fuck you selective services (which remindes me of central services. Ony movie nerds will get that).
It takes two minutes to register. It should not ruin your day, much less your career. You probably could have registered online in the time it took to start this thread.

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
It takes two minutes to register. It should not ruin your day, much less your career. You probably could have registered online in the time it took to start this thread.
This. Or maybe I don't get it.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
The draft is back? When the hell did this happen?

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
I never registered for anything. Maybe I did by accident when I was at the dmv or something.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
What exactly happened? Do you have to apply for S-cubed or are you actually going into military service?

bb1mobile

wackbag's special mod
Wackbag Staff
Jul 10, 2007
Just wandering around
There is currently no draft. All men 18 and over must
register in the event you're needed but that shouldn't
be necessary unless WWIII breaks out.

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
I'm really more confused than anything upon getting a letter saying I registered. I don't remember registration with anything and yet I got a conformation letter. Is it something I had to do like pay taxes? If it's something that was gonna happen and was required by law then I think I'll be cool with it. I'm just scratching my head in epic confusion today.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I had to sign up for Selective Service when I got my student loans (they won't let you borrow from the government otherwise), but it doesn't matter. I am still an active reserve member of a foreign military, and if shit gets so bad that Selective Service is required, I'll probably be back in Israel in uniform.

bb1mobile

wackbag's special mod
Wackbag Staff
Jul 10, 2007
Just wandering around
You must do it by law. All men have to register at 18.
You may have done it when you applied for a student
loan as Neon pointed out. Not sure about all the states
but you may have even done it when applying for or
renewing a driver's license or filing your taxes.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
if shit gets so bad that Selective Service is required, I'll probably be back in Israel in uniform.
Let's face it. If shit got so bad that the United States went back to a draft, you (along with everyone in Israel) would already be dead.

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
I never applied for a student loan though. Maybe they sent in a form that either me or someone else filled out. I think that's probably the case because between jury duty and taxes there have been many forms that I had to fill out and send back.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I had to sign up for Selective Service when I got my student loans (they won't let you borrow from the government otherwise), but it doesn't matter. I am still an active reserve member of a foreign military, and if shit gets so bad that Selective Service is required, I'll probably be back in Israel in uniform.
Registering for selective service was one of the first things I did when I turned 18. The other two were registering to vote and getting laid for the first time.

Aug 5, 2004
1) How old are you?
2) People dont pay attention to the news anyomore I guess. The Administration re-instutued the draft in the bill that passed last week for Libyan war funding. Its supposed to be a limited number of people (mostly from the East Coast - I guess becuase its closer to Libya and cuts down on travel costs). When and where do you report? There should be a 7 or 24 digit code on the letter you received.. go to the website, plug in that #, and it will "auto-register" you so you can cut down on the waiting line (shave your head, vaccinations, etc..).

God Bless and good luck over there.

Aug 5, 2004
Registering for selective service was one of the first things I did when I turned 18. The other two were registering to vote and getting laid for the first time.
This, This, and I dont believe that last one - It's my understanding that "your kind" start pro-creating by 10 or 11 :)

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Hopefully not all in the same place. Those DMV bitches must be horrible in the sack.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I'd still probably chose prison over the military unless I can be one of those state side weasels. Still, I'd suck in the army. I'd support the war effort here by buddying up with chicks and refusing to bang them until they got the Telegram.