I just landed my dream job

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
So the past couple years, I kicked it up a notch and worked fairly hard. I didn't mind my old job at all, but it wasn't something I really loved. In April, I got married, and my wife got a job back home in CT, so after coming up to CT for the wedding, we went back home to FL, packed up, and moved back home. I was unemployed for a while, and put out resumes everywhere. Actually got a full time job doing pre-media and it isn't that bad. Then, it happend...
I started this Tuesday at ESPN as an assitant photo editor for espn.com. I never thought it would be what it is. I completely owe getting an interview to my wife, because she works there too as an assignment editor for the NHL and NBA. I never even imagined working somewhere like that and in that position as I never finished college. She got me an initial interview, and from there, I seemed to have impressed them a lot with my portfolio. I didn't get the full time job I interviewed for, but I am there now, and it is unbelievable. It's the one of the few jobs I have ever had that I don't mind staying late for, and the first one ever that I want to stay late not because of the overtime pay (though that is a NICE bonus), but due to the fact that I am genuinely enjoying what I do.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
nice. congrats man. So, are you living in the Bristol area? Decent area. Much cheaper than down here in Fairfield County

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
That fuckin rules bro. Congrats!

...got any Bryan Leetch Night tickets laying around back there?

HockeyHelmet

eugoogoolizer..you know one who speaks at funerals
Nov 24, 2004
Valley Stream
I interviewed for a job with the NHL last month...didn't get it.

But congrats.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
If you like what you do then it isnt a job
CONGRATS

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
nice. congrats man. So, are you living in the Bristol area? Decent area. Much cheaper than down here in Fairfield County
Actually, I'm in New Britain. Kind of ghetto, but there are some nice parts, and we happen to have lucked out, and landed an awesome deal on a house in one of the nicest areas there. I hate to bring the gay to my own thread, but life is unreal right now. I married a great woman who is like my best friend, bought a really nice home which I never thought I would have, and landed what I now realize is the job that I want to do for the rest of my life... all in the past 5 months. I'm waiting for the anvil to come sailing out from the clouds onto my head.:icon_lol:

PS - no sports tickets.
PPS - you would (or maybe not) be surprised how many people ask for tickets. It's like 1 out of every 2. Sadly, even I am not getting anything like that.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
And hey if you got tickets let me know:icon_wink

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I know someone who recently got a job with ESPN. It seems like a good gig. He relocated up there from this area.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
PS - no sports tickets.
PPS - you would (or maybe not) be surprised how many people ask for tickets. It's like 1 out of every 2. Sadly, even I am not getting anything like that.
Hardest ticket in town, it was worth a shot. Haha.

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
Norristown PA
congrats
and quit working so much overtime , and go home and bang your wife.:action-sm:action-sm

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
I know someone who recently got a job with ESPN. It seems like a good gig. He relocated up there from this area.
Did they pay for his relocation? The company was amazing to us with that stuff though I think they REALLY wanted my wife for the job. They held the position open for 3 months just so they could interview her. We were living in FL. They paid for movers to come to our place, pack our apartment up for us, ship it up here and pay for it to be in storage for two months. Then, they paid for both of our plane tickets back home to CT, towed both our cars up here, got us rental cars for two weeks, and gave us free boarding at a really nice hotel that came with a kitchen for two months on top of it. Disney corp is the tits I tell ya.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
My sister's friend got a job with ESPN and I think they gave him a relocation thingy too. He's on the production staff for College Gameday, he loves his job too.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Hey good for you man.

I love to hear good news

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
Did they pay for his relocation? The company was amazing to us with that stuff though I think they REALLY wanted my wife for the job. They held the position open for 3 months just so they could interview her. We were living in FL. They paid for movers to come to our place, pack our apartment up for us, ship it up here and pay for it to be in storage for two months. Then, they paid for both of our plane tickets back home to CT, towed both our cars up here, got us rental cars for two weeks, and gave us free boarding at a really nice hotel that came with a kitchen for two months on top of it. Disney corp is the tits I tell ya.
Oh, they make it seem al nicey nice and stuff, but wait till they make you put on the ears start praying to "the mouse" :action-sm

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
Congrats bro,

Can't wait for your wife to throw it back in your face someday though:action-sm

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
So the past couple years, I kicked it up a notch and worked fairly hard. I didn't mind my old job at all, but it wasn't something I really loved. In April, I got married, and my wife got a job back home in CT, so after coming up to CT for the wedding, we went back home to FL, packed up, and moved back home. I was unemployed for a while, and put out resumes everywhere. Actually got a full time job doing pre-media and it isn't that bad. Then, it happend...
I started this Tuesday at ESPN as an assitant photo editor for espn.com. I never thought it would be what it is. I completely owe getting an interview to my wife, because she works there too as an assignment editor for the NHL and NBA. I never even imagined working somewhere like that and in that position as I never finished college. She got me an initial interview, and from there, I seemed to have impressed them a lot with my portfolio. I didn't get the full time job I interviewed for, but I am there now, and it is unbelievable. It's the one of the few jobs I have ever had that I don't mind staying late for, and the first one ever that I want to stay late not because of the overtime pay (though that is a NICE bonus), but due to the fact that I am genuinely enjoying what I do.

Espn studios= Isn't that Patriots and Red Sox country??? Notice you have a yanks pic:D Anyway Congratulations man! It's always great to do something your passionate about, that's when you strive and suceed:clap: I wish I worked for a company like that. Do you ever see Stuart Scott hanging around or any of those guys, or is this a different building?

Either way great job and keep it up!!!!!!!!

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
All of us should be lucky enough to work a job we enjoy, so good for you!!

What's the chance of this turning into a full time gig?

LOL - I know you said nothing's crossed your palms yet, but if you should happen to somehow "obtain" Yankees playoff tickets and can't use them...add me to the list of people who would definitely take them off your hands ;)