I like emo/scremo music.....

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
I have come to the conclusion i like emo. I listen to an eclectic blend of music, but here lately i have like a ton more emo. Is this bad?

Story of the Year
Lost Prophets
Bullet for my Valentine
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Hoobastank
Hawthron Heights
AFI

These are some of my favs. Anyone else?

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
Wow, takes balls to admit this out loud.

But it's cool, no one understands me either. Plus, my parents made me take out the trash. Fucking facists!

WonkaVision

To my Friends!!! To My Friends!!!
Sep 5, 2005
HOUSTON
Have you told your parents your gay yet?

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
I mainly dislike this music because when people talk about actual "emo" bands it makes people think they're talking about this crap.

Got One?

.....and she was a stewardess.
Aug 3, 2004
ak-ROWDY
i like the shirt that says "i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself."

fucking HATE emo.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
not one of those bands are scremo... but whatever

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
not one of those bands are scremo... but whatever
REally?? :huh: I though bullet for my valentine was.

I never said i was emo/gay, i just really like alot of the music. but what do i know, people would tell me i was listening to emo, in ever really knew it till a few years ago.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcwJEYNiveg[/media]
thats kinda what i think of when i hear screamo, i odnt like underoath but scremo is more hardcore with some emo style vocals thrown in now and then.

Check out like grades first two cd's "and such as progress" and "seperate the magnets"

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Here's an actual screamo band, one that most call THE screamo band, they were from NY.
[YT]spc-8KITujU[/YT]

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
saw saeitia at this hall on staten years ago... hell man I think they opened for avail on staten island in 96.

Yea scremo is less modern pussy emo and more good emo and hardcore .

All these shit bands that are emo now wouldve been laughed at ten years ago

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
Haha. I had to take my little brother to an underoath concert.

Those guys sucked, largely.

No type of musical chops.

screamo = emo shrieky vocals + cookiemonster gravelly voice screams, from what I can tell.

I really don't wanna argue the definition of it with someone really into this sorta crap, either. ;p

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I mainly dislike this music because when people talk about actual "emo" bands it makes people think they're talking about this crap.
Exactly. It's like calling Good Charlotte punk music. I actually enjoy some emo, like Circle Takes the Square as one example of "real" emo I guess. I think Taking Back Sunday was emo back before they became popular, I like some of their older songs a lot, like "There's No I in Team" and "You're So Last Summer."

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
I liked some of the first Underoath cd, they are Christian screamo.

A couple of other bands that I was into and don't mind admitting were Atreyu and Bleeding Through, although I am not quite so sure what categoy they fell under. I have a tendency to follow record lables once I catch a few bands.

Back in the 80's and 90's I would buy anything on Revelation records for good hardcore or Combat for good metal. A few years ago I tried Trustkill for some more modern hardcore like Most Precious Blood, but got burned with some gay stuff. Victory records was the same thing they even had a tribute for Raybeez from Warzone and I because of that I ended up with some shit like Taking back Sunday or Story of the Year.

Oh well time to get the razor blade

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
Victory Records is Emo bands, but then again they also once had Hatebreed, and getting my ass kicked in several of their moshpits they are no way Emo.

And coming from a guy named Chino starting this thread. I think Deftones might have started the Emo trend.

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
Victory Records is Emo bands, but then again they also once had Hatebreed, and getting my ass kicked in several of their moshpits they are no way Emo.

And coming from a guy named Chino starting this thread. I think Deftones might have started the Emo trend.
Whoa whoa whoa!!! No way in hell the Deftones are Emo! Or could they be... i dunno now... Im so emo and i never knew it. :( Where is the razor blade....

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
But at least with Emo you get chicks like this:
FUCK YEAH, TOKIO HOTEL.

You watch, we're like only a few months away from that band exploding here in the U.S. We're all going to be turning gay for Bill.

I'd make him my sloppy party-bottom.

Edit: I have hotter pics if anyone's interested.