I miss Ron And Fez on Fm

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
I know the restrictions are tight, but ronnie b is a genius, and the show was amazing on free fm. I love the show on xm too, but I still really miss the fm show. I know this is old news, but free fm made a HUGE mistake by letting them go in the nyc area. They just started a show, and gained a huge audience right off the bat. And it got fez to speak!

GDRC

This is what I do now
Jun 28, 2006
MA
Miss 6 hours a day of Ron and Fez

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
It was great, because the xm side was more based around, the hardcore fans, board gossip, and so on. Where as the fm show, appealed to the masses of the local nyc area. Homeless beatles, and all the great comedy pyramids that they would get going. The I57 commercials, anna nicole show, and many many more. I remember the big ass bash when ronnie said, "This is our big welcome back to new york, and we love it man" It really felt like nothing could go wrong. Well, I hope to once hear again, "I have two radio shows" :)

kevtv

Resident Music Nerd
May 31, 2004
I miss Ronnie 2 Shows.

Angelfuck

Part of the Ronnie B. crowd
Jan 6, 2006
Static Age
I was thinking about that not to long ago, I would rush home to listen to the FM show. I just started getting the hang of the schedule when they took them off :( It really was a great show, just a diff atmosphere entirely. I think I'll go find some of those shows and listen to them

I miss Ronnie 2 Shows.
*ahem* Ronnie still has two shows ;)

SilasMarner

Aug 18, 2006
Canada
Well, Terrific, if you could access both shows, or just listen to the FM show for free.

It's probably thanks to the NY fanbase that i got to hear R+F on XM in the first place...and i enjoy the NYC vibe of the show,

But like alot of "hayseeds", who got midwayed into XM receivers and subs based (at least partly) on R+F expectations, I wasn't thrilled with the no-prep, who's-eating-soup-on-paltalk xm show while FM (based on downloads and feedback like earlier post) were more classic R+F.

Angelfuck

Jan 6, 2006
Static Age
Well, Terrific, if you could access both shows, or just listen to the FM show for free.

It's probably thanks to the NY fanbase that i got to hear R+F on XM in the first place...and i enjoy the NYC vibe of the show,

But like alot of "hayseeds", who got midwayed into XM receivers and subs based (at least partly) on R+F expectations, I wasn't thrilled with the no-prep, who's-eating-soup-on-paltalk xm show while FM (based on downloads and feedback like earlier post) were more classic R+F.
the fm show was streamed on the freefm website so anyone could listen. and they still talked about who was eatting what on pt, the only diff in prep was that they talked about a lot nyc news on the fm show

and thanks roman :)

SilasMarner

Aug 18, 2006
Canada
the fm show was streamed on the freefm website so anyone could listen. and they still talked about who was eatting what on pt, the only diff in prep was that they talked about a lot nyc news on the fm show

1-Like many XM'ers, i listen to my XM car radio during the day - no streaming access....My discretionnary computer time during evenings allows me to listen to some clips and quick checks into message boards, not listen to 3 hour shows (this is also probably much more common than may seem by just messageboards, pt, ny events etc).

2- I didn't realize that "nyc news" difference, but otherwise, it seemed to me that the FM show had more time & effort put into focussed bits and segments.....and the XM show was overwhelmed with who's-on-pt, who is walking down the hall, who hates who, and yeah, less Fez...

Angelfuck

Jan 6, 2006
Static Age
during the time of the fm show was during the midnight rider bit on xm, and actually the xm show had more bits and such that didnt carry over to fm to make sure that if you could only listen to one show you weren't missing anything. they really didn't do any bits at all on the fm show, it was more just a talk show, they just picked topics and talked about them, which really doesn't take much prep

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
during the time of the fm show was during the midnight rider bit on xm, and actually the xm show had more bits and such that didnt carry over to fm to make sure that if you could only listen to one show you weren't missing anything. they really didn't do any bits at all on the fm show, it was more just a talk show, they just picked topics and talked about them, which really doesn't take much prep
Very true sweete.. I guess that I loved the interaction of the callers. It was fun... And the topics they would come up with were hillarious.. And fridays nights at hooters after the show was great. It was cool to listen to the show on the way into the city, and then meet up with some of the gang afterwards. I guess it is kind of a local thing, but I loved it.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
Nov 28, 2005
NY
Ironically I used to hear more of R&F when they were on FM because after O&A everyday I'm just not prepared to listen to another show back to back and I have a hard enough of a time keeping up with O&A daily.

My father also loves R&F and is more of a fan of theirs than O&A and he used to listen to them on his way home from work. We have XM for the whole family but he's at work during the day when they're on XM so he never catches them anymore.

R.BuddDwyer

Feb 2, 2006
Philly
Keep in mind he'd be Ronnie 3 shows.

Unmasked.

CBS showed how TRULY inept they are cancelling a show that got them #2 ratings in their target demo after 2 months. How much better did they think they'd do playing the same 50 90s "alternative" songs on a loop?