I need a new 'puter

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
All I know is I want relatively cheap and I need processing power cuz I do a lot of video transcoding. What I have now is AMD 3000+ 512 mb ram. OK for most stuff but to transcode and burn a dvd takes about 2 hours or better.Don't really need a fancy monitor.
Also,I'm concerned about getting all my proggies from the old to the new. I have lots of video programs and a shitload of cell phone hacking stuff I'm not sure I can replace. I hear vista sucks cock and wouldn't mind keeping my XP.
I am pretty much self taught on all my computer and cell phone hacking knowledge so just learn stuff as I need it. So,I can DL a pirated vid,transcode and burn to DVD,make a clip of said vid,transcode it to 3gp and put the 3gp clip on my hacked RAZR,but have no fucking clue how to back up my programs.
I suck.
No Homo.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
newegg.com has everything you need.

You can clone your existing drive to a larger/faster drive to save setup time. You just need to switch a couple of hardware drivers back to the generic versions before doing so (ide, video)

Transcoding is cpu and ram intensive, so go for a fast cpu and a lot of ram - 2 gigs.

You would actually see an improvement on your current system with a ram bump. Since Service Pack 2, XP systems need 512mb ram just for everyday tasks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115029

This CPU should cut your transcoding times in half not even taking into account the ram. Pair it up with a fast SATA drive and fat DDR2 Ram and you're all set.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
newegg.com has everything you need.

You can clone your existing drive to a larger/faster drive to save setup time. You just need to switch a couple of hardware drivers back to the generic versions before doing so (ide, video)

Transcoding is cpu and ram intensive, so go for a fast cpu and a lot of ram - 2 gigs.

You would actually see an improvement on your current system with a ram bump. Since Service Pack 2, XP systems need 512mb ram just for everyday tasks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115029

This CPU should cut your transcoding times in half not even taking into account the ram. Pair it up with a fast SATA drive and fat DDR2 Ram and you're all set.
x2 on the processor recommendation.

Also agree that cloning your drive is your best bet. If you try to reinstall XP on a different machine using the same product key, you *could* have problems activating it.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
You could do a processor and RAM upgrade on your existing system and probably get the kind of increase you are looking for, without spending alot of money.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
x2 on the processor recommendation.

Also agree that cloning your drive is your best bet. If you try to reinstall XP on a different machine using the same product key, you *could* have problems activating it.
It will definitely require reactivation - there is a point system applied to various components in the computer - if you get more than a 3 (?) point difference at any one time, it triggers.

As long as the original machine has been activated for at least 3 months (over 6 to be safe) it should reactivate without a problem over the internet. Worst case scenerio, you call the toll free number that pops up and tell them that you are replacing a bad motherboard and they give you the activation code. Never had a problem.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Thanks, That sounds like maybe my best bet.Got some proggies I do not want to lose,plus I already have a dual layer DVD burner and I'm happy with my monitor. XP does everything I want and really don't know if everything I have is vista compatible or even want to fuck with it.