I need literate Wackbaggers' help brainstorming a name.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I have an idea for a fantasy novel. But before I can dig further in I need the name of the kingdom.

It's a Dwarven kingdom, so I want it to sound dwarven but not have real object names in it, like Anvil or Forge. The name needs to feel like the "good guys" and sound good with "an" or "ian" tacked on the end when the name is used as a descriptor. For example, America (American) and Brazil (Brazilian) both work but Seattle would not. A single word, with two to three syllables. Possibly some Norse feel. It will be "The Kingdom of" so thinking about how it sounds in that context is good as well.

Just do me a favor. After your inevitable sarcastic comments and hurtful words, please try to offer some real suggestions...at least enough to spark my grey matter.

I already have a list of names for various people and places, but this has left me stumped so far.

I have an idea for a fantasy novel. But before I can dig further in I need the name of the kingdom.

It's a Dwarven kingdom, so I want it to sound dwarven but not have real object names in it, like Anvil or Forge. The name needs to feel like the "good guys" and sound good with "an" or "ian" tacked on the end when the name is used as a descriptor. For example, America (American) and Brazil (Brazilian) both work but Seattle would not. A single word, with two to three syllables. Possibly some Norse feel. It will be "The Kingdom of" so thinking about how it sounds in that context is good as well.

Just do me a favor. After your inevitable sarcastic comments and hurtful words, please try to offer some real suggestions...at least enough to spark my grey matter.

I already have a list of names for various people and places, but this has left me stumped so far.
Lord Mazian Fizzlegard probably has some choice comments.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Asexualvania.

The saddest and most worthless kingdom in all the dwarven realm.

BIV

See, you guys are doing the hurtful words without the help.

I knew this was a wasted effort.

See, you guys are doing the hurtful words without the help.

I knew this was a wasted effort.
Well we need to know about the character and the world before we can name him. All we know is that it has to be a heroic name that ends in Ian and must jive with the rest of the Dwarf names, none of which we've been given.

And I was serious with Lord Mazian Fizzlegard.

Creasy Bear

Donator
Well we need to know about the character and the world before we can name him. All we know is that it has to be a heroic name that ends in Ian and must jive with the rest of the Dwarf names, none of which we've been given.

He wants the name of a kingdom, not a character, you drooling abstinent.

How about Lagolandia?

BIV

Reading comprehension, sir. I need the name of the Kingdom.

For more details, I'm taking a fantasy setting and advancing it into the future, but sticking to magic to fill the roles of tech. Imagine space cruisers with magic canon broadsides. Space suits that look like medieval armor but have rune embedded spells that replicate the tech needed, that sort of thing. The tone will be serious, not fantastical. Think David Weber meets RA Salvatore.

He wants the name of a kingdom, not a character, you drooling abstinent.
Fine then. And oops.

How about Lagolandia?
The Mighty Kingdom of Leheckia. No women go there, no men like it there, and it's constantly giving its resources to Joysylvania.

Last edited:

Creasy Bear

Donator
Your help seems to lack help.
I think Lagolandia is actually pretty badass. It sounds sorta elvishish like Legolas from LotR.

And you get the added bonus of laughing like a tard whenever you type it.

BIV

I think Lagolandia is actually pretty badass. It sounds sorta elvishish like Legolas from LotR.

This thread was ill conceived and the responses are poorly executed....

I'd read about The Quest to Lagolandia's New Castle Castle

Creasy Bear

Donator
This thread was ill conceived and the responses are poorly executed....
Fine. Be that way.

I hope the publishers all laugh at your dumb stupid gay space dwarf book as they throw rejection letters in your face.

And when you see Creasy Bear's The Rapscallion's Guide to Ribald Chicanery on the New York Times best seller list, I hope you toss yourself off a building in despair.

BIV

Fine. Be that way.

I hope the publishers all laugh at your dumb stupid gay space dwarf book as they throw rejection letters in your face.

And when you see Creasy Bear's The Rapscallion's Guide to Ribald Chicanery on the New York Times best seller list, I hope you toss yourself off a building in despair.
:(

Fine. Be that way.

Don't be mean. I think it has potential and want to know more about it.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Littleview hill.
Keevers Drawer
Shortdeep
Caution, midgets.