I need some Ipod help

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
I have a new computer and I don't know how to get the songs off my old itunes onto my new one. I was also wondering if all the songs I purchased on Itunes in my old library will be able to be transfered into my new library? I know baggers are normally very savvy when it comes to these things so any help would he great

love,
retarted girl who knows nothing about electronics

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
You can authorize your muisic on the new computer - it will ask for the email and password for the account you used to purchase the songs.

As far as transferring - if all your stuff fits onto your Ipod, it will prompt you when you plug it into the new computer if you want to add your library.

As far as transferring - if all your stuff fits onto your Ipod, it will prompt you when you plug it into the new computer if you want to add your library.
I didn't know that, so the physical song files will go from your ipod to the computer?
Or will they just be there and show up with the ! next to them, since they're not really on the PC.

I might be getting a new computer, and was just planning on using my external harddrive to transfer them all.

Angelfuck

Part of the Ronnie B. crowd
as long as you dont sync it all your music will stay on your ipod, youll see it listed on the ipod screen through itunes. I havent tried to transfer the playlists from the ipod to my library yet though

Does anyone know if you can only transfer the playlists or if you can transfer the mp3s as well? I can see the mp3s when I use windows to go into the ipod but theyre all randomly grouped in 10 folders

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Any of those options will work.

- You can use the external drive. Just have iTunes import the files into the library on the new pc.
- You can also move the files manually off the iPod by using a third party program like YamiPod
- Here's Apple's instructions

I accomplish this yet another way, because I cross platforms... soulseek D/L on to PC, then virus check and organize i take the new files and burn data disc (dvd-r or CD-r) depending on amount i need to move, then i rip the data on to my mac and right in to itunes.

Soo in a step by step

choose files to move
burn data disc of files(also a hard copy backup)
rip the files to the new computer.

PDX909

You might consider SharePod, it's a free program that you install on the ipod itself (in disk mode). It will let you transfer music from the iPod to any PC. Of course you'll still need to authorize the new PC to play music that you purchased from iTunes. It's a nice little program, I've used it a number of times to move music around as it saves the need for an external drive or burning DVDs with your library on. But saying that, it's a good idea to have a backup of all your stuff, especially if you are setting up a new machine.

I accomplish this yet another way, because I cross platforms... soulseek D/L on to PC, then virus check and organize i take the new files and burn data disc (dvd-r or CD-r) depending on amount i need to move, then i rip the data on to my mac and right in to itunes.

Soo in a step by step

choose files to move
burn data disc of files(also a hard copy backup)
rip the files to the new computer.

I used to do this too.. But you know there's a Mac version of Soulseek, right?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/soulseekx/

It's a little different than the PC version.. but both are kind of akward programs anyway, so it's no big deal.

generoso

Blueberry Coffee diva.
Wait people actually purchase songs. Wow ...I use 2-1TB externall hard drives WM10 and can transfer to any mp3 player.