I Now Get To Pay For Illegal Aliens College Tuition!

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
So not only do illegal immigrants get to pay in state tuition, now they can get tax payer funded scholarships. Any legal citizen of California voting for a democrat for a state position is a fucking idiot. The democrats in California don't care about legal residents just illegal immigrants.

It's pretty obvious there will be a ballot initiative to change this law and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a movement to recall Governor Brown. Shit is going to hit the fan out here.

Gov. Jerry Brown signs Dream Act for state's illegal immigrants

Declaring the need to expand educational opportunity, Gov. Jerry Brown announced Saturday that he has signed legislation making illegal immigrants eligible to receive state financial aid to attend California universities and community colleges.

Brown said he signed the California Dream Act because it makes sense to allow high-achieving students access to college financial aid.

“Going to college is a dream that promises intellectual excitement and creative thinking,'' Brown said in a statement. "The Dream Act benefits us all by giving top students a chance to improve their lives and the lives of all of us.''

Under AB 131, illegal immigrants who are accepted into state universities can receive, starting in 2013, Cal-Grant assistance, which last year provided grants averaging $4,500 apiece to more than 370,000 low-income students.

The measure also allows students who are not in the country legally to get institutional grants while attending the University of California and California State University systems, and to get fee waivers in the California community college system.

Brown said that California Department of Finance estimates that 2,500 students will qualify for Cal Grants as a result of AB 131, at a cost of $14.5 million.

"The overall Cal Grant program is funded at $1.4 billion, meaning that 1% of all Cal Grant funds will be potentially impacted by AB 131 when the law goes into effect,'' said a statement from his office.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I almost don't care anymore. I'm positioning myself to move out of the state as soon as possible. This state really is going to hang itself.

Edit: Not to mention we're educating people it's illegal to hire. Good fucking way to spend money.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I just can't believe this is what the Democrats are fighting for in this state.

I know there's also a bill on Brown's desk that would not allow the police to take the cars of illegal immigrants pulled over for drunk driving.

Eventually the mass of dummies will figure out there are two sets of laws in this state, one for citizens and one for illegals.

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9
the more of them you run over with your car when nobody's looking, the less of them you'll have to pay for. silver lining it there, you just have to look a littler harder.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
It's been years but I never got myself up to speed with the illegal immigrant issue. Honest question: is there a really big difference between illegal and undocumented? Because if they're at least documented, but not legal, sticking up for them wouldn't seem so utterly insane to me.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
I don't get it. Why is it so hard to get in the books as a citizen before reaping the benefits of this country? We accept nearly everyone....why not do us the courtesy of going through the motions (at least) of getting citizenship before accepting our money?

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
It's been years but I never got myself up to speed with the illegal immigrant issue. Honest question: is there a really big difference between illegal and undocumented? Because if they're at least documented, but not legal, sticking up for them wouldn't seem so utterly insane to me.
Undocumented is the PC term for illegal alien. A documented, but not legal citizen, is like a foreigner with a green card who went through the proper procedures and is legally working in the US.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Just give California back to Mexico already

Besides it'll get rid of 55 blue electoral votes

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Jesus christ. This whole pandering to the illegal crowd is getting really damned old.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005

I wouldn't be opposed to this idea, actually.

One condition: 25 foot solid, reinforced concrete wall around the entire state, along with a moat and land mines before we hand it over. Armed military patrols on the border, too.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
A documented, but not legal citizen, is like a foreigner with a green card who went through the proper procedures and is legally working in the US.
They deserve to have at least someone in their corner. As opposed to the undocumented ones, who deserve to be put through a river of acid. Seriously how can anyone even make a case for them?

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho

Make sure the 9th Circus Court goes with the rest of the state.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
is there a really big difference between illegal and undocumented?
No. "Undocumented" is a word liberal faggots made up to hide the fact that they're pandering for votes from people who can't legally vote.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
They deserve to have at least someone in their corner. As opposed to the undocumented ones, who deserve to be put through a river of acid. Seriously how can anyone even make a case for them?
Repubs think they are mostly Catholics so they will side with repubs on abortion. Dems think they can get them dependent on handouts from the guvmint and make them welfare slaves. It's disgusting.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Brown also signed a bill not allowing ballot measures to be part of elections other than November. There's a referendum about Public Employee Unions and the amount of money they get that was supposed to be on the ballot in June, during the Republican Primary, and the democrats didn't want that to happen since they don't really have a big reason to vote in that election.

Now we're going to get in Nov 2012 a Presidential election, a measure that's viewed as anti-union, I'm sure some measure against this college tuition camp, and possibly a recall Brown campaign. I doubt I'll see one TV commercial for anything but the election, but I think there might be a chance for Romney to take this state if he's the candidate.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
gah I'm so confused. Why is it so hard to hate?

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9

Where's Max Zorin and his plot to plant explosives in the San Andreas fault when we really need him?

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Jesus christ. This whole pandering to the illegal crowd is getting really damned old.
You're right, it's getting old. They should just listen to whitey cause their voting power is increasing.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
wetbacks suck and as soon as I am in charge, i wuill nuke wetbaxico

how bout them apples?

I hat them and I live in the middle of kalifornia asnd they are evcerywhere

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
wetbacks suck and as soon as I am in charge, i wuill nuke wetbaxico

how bout them apples?

I hat them and I live in the middle of kalifornia asnd they are evcerywhere