I Now Pronounce You Brother And Sister

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
What. The. Fuck.

Engaged couple discover they are brother and sister when their parents meet just before wedding

Unnamed pair are expecting a child and had been together for five years

An engaged couple who dated for five years have been left in turmoil after their families met and they discovered they were brother and sister.

The woman, who is due to give birth next month, is devastated by the discovery that the father of her child is her brother.

The couple, who met at university, had decided they wanted to introduce their single parent families to each other before they got married.

But at the meeting it emerged they were brother and sister who had been separated as small children.
The unnamed South African couple are still in shock after making the discovery last Saturday.

The country's Sowetan newspaper reported that the siblings had been raised separately after their mother and father went through an acrimonious divorce.

It reported: 'Their parents separated when the woman was eight months old and the man was two years old.

'The man's father said he dumped his wife in 1983 because she was cheating on him. The girl was raised by her mother, while her brother was raised by his father.

'Neither of them knew they had a sibling.'

The Sowetan reported that the children grew up separately with their single parents near the towns of Nelspruit and Bushbuckbridge, which lie 50 miles apart in South Africa's eastern Mpumalanga province.

They reportedly met again at university in 2007 and fell in love.

Their two families did not meet throughout their five-year relationship, until they were brought together last week to discuss wedding arrangements.

In many African cultures it is traditional for the family of a male partner to pay a lobola, or 'bride price', to that of his fiancée.

In doing so, the two families normally arrange a summit at which they are formally introduced and able to conduct the negotiations.

But the couple's plans were derailed when their parents came face to face and revealed their bombshell.

The woman told the Sowetan she was devastated by the revelation.

She said: 'It was love at first sight. We were studying together at Tshwane University of Technology in Nelspruit.

'When I first saw him, we connected. We fell in love and since that day, we never looked back.
'All we wanted to do was just to have a family and many kids.

'So you can imagine how shocked we were when they broke the news. We are going to have a child together. We do not know what we will tell him when he grows up.'

The couple said they had decided to split after hearing the news and were discussing how to handle the shock with their separated parents.

The man added: 'We can't think straight at the moment and will just take everything one step at a time.'

Incest remains one of society's last taboos and is an unthinkable concept to most people.

Yet research by the British Medical Journal showed that half of those separated from relatives at a young age experience strong sexual feelings when they are reunited.

Psychiatrists believe the natural repulsion brothers and sisters feel growing up together as children acts as an inhibitor to incest.

But those who miss out on this time can develop powerful, obsessive feelings for their sibling in adulthood.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
It all started with the gays. And just like predicted, it is moving towards the brother-sister, woman-dog, cowboy-horse, Mexican-Gila monster, Eskimo-muskox...

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
It all started with the gays. And just like predicted, it is moving towards the brother-sister, woman-dog, cowboy-horse, Mexican-Gila monster, Eskimo-muskox...
You watch, in a couple of years it's gonna be black men marrying white women.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
I'm calling bullshit on this one...OK i can see maybe the parents didn't meet but they were together 5 years and neither parent realized their kid was dating their other kid? Its not like they split when she was pregnant, the kids were born and named prior to the split something would have clicked for one of them.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I'm calling bullshit on this one...OK i can see maybe the parents didn't meet but they were together 5 years and neither parent realized their kid was dating their other kid? Its not like they split when she was pregnant, the kids were born and named prior to the split something would have clicked for one of them.
So you're saying it's bullshit because people are never just oblivious and stupid?

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
So you're saying it's bullshit because people are never just oblivious and stupid?

I'm saying it's bullshit because i think it's bullshit. Two unnamed individuals somewhere in south Africa who happen to find this out then go report it to a UK newz outlet?

It doesn't even say AP anywhere in the article, how could it possibly be true

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
It's an improbable and impossible to verify story about people in a far away land, in a British tabloid. Of course it's bullshit.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
I'm saying it's bullshit because i think it's bullshit. Two unnamed individuals somewhere in south Africa who happen to find this out then go report it to a UK newz outlet?

It doesn't even say AP anywhere in the article, how could it possibly be true

Bat Boy finds your lack of faith disturbing.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
So the parent dont get along and pick kids to keep but never tell them they were once married or that their child has a sibling? Sounds fishy to me because what did the kids do to destroy the marriage and wouldnt the parents want to know something about their other kid. I agree with flyerfan.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Geez. I didn't post this story for a serious discussion on journalistic sources. I was hoping for some jokes about incest and apartheid. Is that too much to ask for on Wackbag?

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Geez. I didn't post this story for a serious discussion on journalistic sources. I was hoping for some jokes about incest and apartheid. Is that too much to ask for on Wackbag?
This 14-year-old boy from Kentucky was banging his 12-year-old sister. He says "Damn sis, you're almost as good as Mamma." She replies "Yeah that's what Pappa says."

Happy now?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Wait until you post the follow up, which reveals the father is John Edwards and the mother is Sarah Palin. Then you're in for some real shit.