I received a call from someone in the Migrant Caravan.

Bobobie

It was a Tacoma Washington area code. It sounded like a typical 3rd rate Indian Call center, feedback from another channel, lots of people talking in the background. It was a woman claiming to be in the Migrant Caravan. I told her to turn around and go home. We don't want them. The organizers are lying to you. Just in case she was for real, then hung up.

This was the second call from this number, I ignored it the first time, but was curious if it would just be a hangup or a typical credit card scam.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
What did they want?

5skin

So you had a chance to send them running around Mexico and you passed it up?!

"You're gonna wanna get ahold of Javier, he'll help get you to safety and housing. He's in an SUV with spinners just get in when you find him he's expecting you."

maz

TRueWDTer
You probably won the Honduran lottery sweepstakes raffle 50/50 giveaway thing

Bobobie

What did they want?
I didn't give her a chance to go into her spiel. It was most likely a scam to get some horny American to Western Union them some money.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
So you had a chance to send them running around Mexico and you passed it up?!

"You're gonna wanna get ahold of Javier, he'll help get you to safety and housing. He's in an SUV with spinners just get in when you find him he's expecting you."
"Oh, and it's considered polite to greet him with "stupid N----" so feel free to say it often"