I think I like Ron and Fez better

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinnesotaMoron

I Wish I Knew How To Quit You... Ramonnnnnne
After listening to endless replays of Ron and Fez over the past couple weeks and listening to their live shows religiously, I think I have been converted. I think I like Ron and Fez better than the boys. They are truly unique in the way they put on a show, unlike anything I've ever heard before. It's especially obvious that it's a superior show when I listen to ONA on the WJFK internet stream lately and then compare it to a RnF on XM. Maybe it's the format, free versus XM that's the difference. I don't know. But OnA lately has been boring and RnF has been great. I've always enjoyed RnF but only listened to parts and pieces here and there. Now, I have a new appreciation for them.:clap: That's all i have to say.

The same thing happened to me awhile ago.

I have only known about ron and fez since XM so I haven't been able to hear a lot of their old shows. Now that Earl is finally playing some older best of's I noticed that Fez sounds really hyper and drunk during all of them... Not the quiet reserved guy I've gotten used to hearing on XM.. thought that was odd

definitely the superior show. i hate wfny for fucking them over because they really deserve to be bigger than they are.
xm needs to give them their own channel

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
definitely the superior show. i hate wfny for fucking them over because they really deserve to be bigger than they are.
xm needs to give them their own channel

I was hoping (and still hope) that CBS would find a place for them pn another station in NY. I liked the FM show more than the XM when I had both.

I don't like the idea of this thread just because it kinda pits one show against the other.

My favorite radio show is Ron and Fez too, but I have room in my life for both Ron and Fez AND O&A. You don't have to pick one.

zerofischer

a reading from the book of Bennington
I don't like the idea of this thread just because it kinda pits one show against the other.

My favorite radio show is Ron and Fez too, but I have room in my life for both Ron and Fez AND O&A. You don't have to pick one.
exactly, both shows are great. i couldn't choose one over the other. although i like this side of the board over the o&a side.

I liked the free fm show. They should give em a late night spot.

They're two entireley different shows. Never going to choose between.. & hope I never have to.

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
Real suspicious when I see 3 people I've never heard of start it off. Shenanigans.
And for the people that like Ron and Fez more then Opie and Anthony. The people that like Opie and Anthony more then Ron and Fez.... umm... 99.9% of us are fans of both.

Again.... good join dates.

Shenanigans

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
If they have O&A, I'll get O&A because it's favorite...But if they only have R&F it's like that's ok, it's favorite anyway, just not as much favorite...They're both good. They're both good!

okterrificsk2

But OnA lately has been boring and RnF has been great.
I agree with you. BUT i think its b/c the short fm format vs the long xm format that really helps Raf / hurts ONA.

And before i go on i know thats just the way its going to be and it aint changing.

But when a show like OnA /RaF can go 45-150 (yes a few times Raf went the entire show w out a break)minutes without a break it really showcases their great talents. They get into something without any interuptions and bounce from one thing to the other. Its really great to hear the shows longform.

Now as it is now with OnA they go a max of 25 min. and that just kills the show. I do think b/c they are going w/out Xm this is highlighted more than in the past. We are used to 1 or 2 decent sized blocks on Xm to wrap things up. And right now we dont get that.

Oh and the constant "spreading the virus" , plugging at the begining and end of every break, filling the show with constant audio segments, and the repeatingly explaining things about the show over and over again to the new listeners is a bit like fingernails on a chalk board. And b4 i hear " its not about u DBag, not everyone listens to every show " bullshit. I really believe a new listener does not have to have everything explained to them . Its part of the fun to figure out all the shit on your own and over time.

But anyway back to the point. Longform radio will always be best for shows like ona and raf. commercials every 22 minutes is for fm rock radio. And shows have ups and downs too. we cant forget that. I find myself thinking for a few months that i like raf more and then it switches for a while and i like OnA more.

novalia

do not stare
i find it ironic that whenever a fan calls in to the OnA show and say they have a funny story everybody goes nuts before the story strapping in for this unbelievably funny story.. first they interrupt the story teller.. then jimmy will ask for some non-specific information pertaining to the story.. then they will interrupt again.. ad nauseam... that old gag.

then there's opie trying so hard to make a bit funny that he keeps on selling the same tired bit saying just wait its going to be funny once we cram it down your throat x many more times....

i remember the WNEW days fondly... there was the bell curve of respect... on their way up they took calls and were actually pleasant to the callers.. they'd laugh.. ask for more.. thank the caller.. genuinely nice people... then they began their upward trajectory towards listener mania.. then they began shitting all over callers.. guests.. celebs... anyone that would cross their path... i havent listened for a while but i imagine they are back to the "nice to callers" cycle...

hahaha

okterrificsk2

i find it ironic that whenever a fan calls in to the OnA show and say they have a funny story everybody goes nuts before the story strapping in for this unbelievably funny story.. first they interrupt the story teller.. then jimmy will ask for some non-specific information pertaining to the story.. then they will interrupt again.. ad nauseam... that old gag.

a

You were one of those callers once. Werent you?

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
You were one of those callers once. Werent you?
If he called in the past half month, yes.

I'm not complaining but I've noticed that it seems like they'll talk over EVERY single caller even before the caller gets his first sentence out. Then yell at the caller if he/she tries to say something.

Why does there need to be competition between O&A and R&F? You can like both.

dan, i'm not a stern troll or anti-o&a. i registered a while back but only really started posting this year. you don't have to choose between the two shows but it's pretty obvious the o&a one has gone downhill and the ron & fez one continues to get better each week. i'll continue to listen to both shows but i can miss o&a ones from time to time and not really care

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
Why does there need to be competition between O&A and R&F? You can like both.
It's more fun in the R+F General Discussion than the O+A General Discussion's endless speculation threads.

Gonzoid

The Tenacious T-Bagger
If he called in the past half month, yes.

I'm not complaining but I've noticed that it seems like they'll talk over EVERY single caller even before the caller gets his first sentence out. Then yell at the caller if he/she tries to say something.
This is one of the glaring difference in the NEW vs XM/FREE show. They have become complete dicks to the callers. Granted, some of the people that call in really have nothing and they get smashed deservedly, but it seems that every caller now gets talked over and ripped on regardless.

Another big difference between NEW and FREEFM was that on NEW they used to be able to go 40 minutes before breaking. Now they have to gono longer than 20-25 minutes tops...it does kill their momentum.

I love both shows, but they are 2 completely different shows.

i know they always smash people for saying this but the show started getting bad once they went back to regular radio. i mean it's a hell of a lot better now than when they started on free fm but it's still not great. the bad ratings must have made them try harder but there is still something missing for me

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
But OnA lately has been boring and RnF has been great.
I totally disagree with this.. Since the suspension I think the free Fm show has been awesome, my only complaint is no xm... 2 hours 15 goes fast.
Oh and RnF is always great!

Moe is wise beyond his years

yuucchh...this thread.
YEP

Real suspicious when I see 3 people I've never heard of start it off. Shenanigans.
And for the people that like Ron and Fez more then Opie and Anthony. The people that like Opie and Anthony more then Ron and Fez.... umm... 99.9% of us are fans of both.

Again.... good join dates.

Shenanigans
Join dates shouldnt mean anything... I only joined in october of 06 yet i have been listening to both shows longer then most here, just never liked message boards.
I do agree with the bold type though, MOST here are fans of both.. except liddy, he is a jaded cocksucker... oh yea :action-sm

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Welcome to the club, but DMM is right - even though we constantly do it, we shouldn't pit the two shows against each other. I see both shows as one singular experience... like Woodstock. But Hendrix (R&F) totally blew away Jefferson Airplane (O&A.)

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
If they have O&A, I'll get O&A because it's favorite...But if they only have R&F it's like that's ok, it's favorite anyway, just not as much favorite...They're both good. They're both good!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.