I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
then its Bader, Rua, Jackson & Machida all in 2011 & in an 11 month span

AMAZING

Hello=]

Jun 19, 2010
Texas
Machida era ended after that first shogun fight. Either give the fans Silva vs Jones or Silva vs GSP. :action-sm

What happened to Rashad fighting?

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Machida era ended after that first shogun fight. Either give the fans Silva vs Jones or Silva vs GSP. :action-sm

What happened to Rashad fighting?
Hand/wrist not heeling as fast as they thought

But I think Rashad got fucked, just hold off the fight a few months. Bones already fought 3x this year

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Enough of this "overrated" nonsense.
I yet to see anybody mention Jones was "overrated" since he beat Rampage - if anything the exact opposite

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
The dude is one bad ass motherfucker. I hope he keeps up his reign of terror in the octagon.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
The dude is one bad ass motherfucker. I hope he keeps up his reign of terror in the octagon.
Bones is a terror, I just dont get why they couldnt wait a few months?
Its not like they announced 140 & it went on sale
Rashad must be pissed
Now Jones might get injured in the Machida fight & have a layoff & Rashad will have to fight again & risk his shot

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Rashad:
"After my last fight against Tito Ortiz, I dislocated my right thumb, which required it to be set back in place and held with pins," Evans said in a statement today released by his management. "Twenty-four hours ago, my physician removed the pins. At that time, I learned that it would require another three weeks of rehabilitation before engaging in any exercise or training that would require the use of my hand.

"Dana White and I spoke earlier today, and I fully understand his decision to put Machida against Jones for the title at UFC 140. Given the rehabilitation time I require for my dislocated thumb, I would not be 100 percent ready by Dec. 10. The UFC has to keep making fights that entertain the fans. I would have done the same thing as Dana in his position. I'm asking for the fans to support me as I rehabilitate my hand, and I promise I will be back fighting very quickly."
surprising, I thought he would go off

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
I think Bones would beat Rashad, but I still think Bones ducked him with that fake hand injury so Rashad wouldn't be as recently familiar with his training.

kramer0419

Mar 5, 2008
Cleveland
I think Bones would beat Rashad, but I still think Bones ducked him with that fake hand injury so Rashad wouldn't be as recently familiar with his training.
I dunno. I would hope that the UFC would look into injuries to champs or have them see the company doctors for second opinions.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I dunno. I would hope that the UFC would look into injuries to champs or have them see the company doctors for second opinions.
What happened was, he couldn't fight Rashad bec he elected for surgery which would put him out until 2012 & once Rashad had another fight signed Jones said he would go without surgery & was ready in Sept

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004

But I think Rashad got fucked, just hold off the fight a few months. Bones already fought 3x this year
If anything, I'm happy he is fighting for the 4th time. Lately, most of the UFC champs have been fighting twice a year.

Evans is a whiny cunt. That is all.
He really is. About a week ago he was talking crap about Jones "faking" an injury so he wouldn't fight him, yet Jones will fight in Dec and Rashad is the injured one. If were to use his logic, Rashad is ducking Jones.

But they did. In fact, the UFC doctors were the reason why Jones said he needed surgery. Once this was out, Evans decided to fight Davis (who was later replaced by Tito) instead. The week of the surgery Jones decided to get one last opinion and found out that surgery wasn't required. That's when the UFC schedule Jones vs Rampage.

So while everyone gets on Jones for faking an injury and blah blah, it was the UFC doctors who messed up. For some reason fans like to ignore that fact.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
If anything, I'm happy he is fighting for the 4th time. Lately, most of the UFC champs have been fighting twice a year.

I hear you but holding Jones a few more months shouldn't be an issue
Rashad was screwed here

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
A "conspiracy" floating around is Jones vs Rashad as the TUF coaches in 2012
If true maybe that is why Rashad is OK with the decision

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
That would make for a great kick off on Fox.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
I hear you but holding Jones a few more months shouldn't be an issue
Rashad was screwed here
Oh yeah, Rashad can't catch a break, no matter the decision he makes, he ends up getting screwed.

On the bright side, by the time he's healthy, Machida should be ready to go :icon_mrgr

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
I read that rumor before the Machida fight was announced. I don't think its true anymore, unless the UFC and Jones are counting on Jones to beat Machida. If that's the case, that's pretty ballsy.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I read that rumor before the Machida fight was announced. I don't think its true anymore, unless the UFC and Jones are counting on Jones to beat Machida. If that's the case, that's pretty ballsy.
Even if Machida pulls off the HUGE upset (;0) they can still do Rashad & Jones on TUF
I can see Rashad telling Dana he needs another 2 months to heel & Dana saying he wants Jones in Dec but will give Rashad the TUF spot & x amt of $$$ to not bitch

I don't think they are faking anything, just Dana appeasing Rashad possibly

salz4life

May 11, 2007
Fox Lake, IL

Agreed.... and I hate Rashad.

Something tells me they are doing this to build up the tension between Jones and Rashad, though (assuming Jones beats Lyoto).

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
So while everyone gets on Jones for faking an injury and blah blah, it was the UFC doctors who messed up. For some reason fans like to ignore that fact.

Actually, I didn't know one way or the other, I was figuring it would spark more conversation. It's a conspiracy MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN