If the Ron & Fez Show was a band...

TonyBagels

Gemutlichkeit
OK, this thought came to me while I was taking a shower. I like doing analogies between seemingly unrelated things. I was thinking that O&A would be Metallica. For a number of reasons. First their producers could be the bassists; Rick is Cliff and Ben is Jason, et al. Anyway, the show is the huge monster, much like Metallica was. Of course many people have been turned off by Metallica lately, but the old fans will still go see them rock out live, even though they will not buy their latest CD.

So I pose the question: If the buddays' show was a band, what band? Don't just say a band name, throw in a reason or three. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same amount of band members, you can count current "producers" or the ever changing cast of producers to draw a correlation between Ron & Fez and Spinal Tap perhaps. You can say Rush, just to torque Ronnie up a bit. With the motley crew they have there now, you can go with The Parliament Funkadelic. You can go with Ministry perhaps, although it doesn't carry through, since Paul Barker's not there anymore. Maybe Nine Inch Nails. While Trent always got the cred and notoriety, he still had Charlie Clouser (who's now doing TV music...Numbers..but I digress) to be an intergral part of the band. Now NIN has several members, several come and go, much like the Show.

Have fun with this one.

Wilmington WOW

The Emmitt Till of Wackbag
Buddy Holly and the Crickets
for a couple of reasons

buddy and ronnie are both genius'
he deserves a show with his name only
and refer to the band (rest of the team) as the crickets
and finally the rest of the team lately just leave me wanting to play the crickets sound effect after their appearances

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
Van Halen, seems lately it is getting harder to get them to show up in the same place together and one of them is not healthy.

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Elvis and the Jordanaires

Erasure, after all it is about two guys, one who is straight and one who is a curved guy.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
The Beatles.

Dave is ol' Puddin' Head George.
Pittsey or Bronx Johnny is Ringo, since they're the only ones that seem to have some rhythm
Fez is John (he's been shot in the heart twice)
Ron is Paul, Brian Epstein, and George Martin all rolled into one that fucking geniusss.

Lily is Linda McCartney (she's one of them Vegans, aint she?

And of course Earl is Yoko

dodisman

Spinal Tap. Right down to the classic Smell the Glove album cover (ala Earl)

Slow Bollards

Bollards...sounds a bit rude, doesn't it?
:clap: :clap:

That made me guffaw.

Whatever the band is, Earl's on Bass. I'll be thinking about this all night. I agree with whoever said The Band, understated and fantastic applies to both acts IMO.

:clap::clap:

That made me guffaw.

Whatever the band is, Earl's on Bass. I'll be thinking about this all night. I agree with whoever said The Band, understated and fantastic applies to both acts IMO.

Larry King: ...So fez, you have two stents, what's that like?

del griffith

SHOWER CURTAIN SALES
Neil young and Crazy horse

-ronnys neil young, the musical genius who goes in any direction he wants...whatever
-fez -danny whiten, guitar an original member who burnt out
-earl ralph molina, a nappy headed drummer who always fucks up
-pepper hicks, bass

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Steely Dan.
Two geniuses, one with a beard, surrounded by an ever-changing group of studio guys.
And a lot of their material is about New York City.

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
The Beatles.

Pittsey or Bronx Johnny is Ringo, since they're the only ones that seem to have some rhythm
Ron is Paul, Brian Epstein, and George Martin all rolled into one that fucking geniusss.

I would say Earl is Billy Preston. Because he played on Let It Be. And he's a ******.

jimmyslostchin

Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?
The Beatles.

I wanted to go the same route, I only had hopes that Dave would end up like Pete Best.

TimHorton

Double Double
Tragically Hip..a very smart, hip band..not as popular as it should be