iHunt 2016

Haeder

South Dakota
30 degrees and still dark.

A pack of uncomfortably close coyotes started howling right before I climbed into my stand. Beautiful sound.

Haeder

South Dakota
Saw no deer this morning. Coyotes probably didn't help.

Did see a great horned owl.

Heading back out now.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Don't let those coyotes bother you.

But that owl...

gleet

Don't let those coyotes bother you.

But that owl...

Haeder

South Dakota

The dead know one thing: it is better to be alive.

He came in from the north and headed east. Probably would have gotten away if I hadn't grunted at him. He turned back looking for a fight. Stopped at 20 yards and suffered an arrow through both lungs. 200 yards and about 15 seconds later he nose dived into the grass. Dead. He'll be delicious.

gleet

I'm so happy. He dead and the coyotes didn't get you. Death is cheated once more.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Nice gusher, I envy you Midwest hunters that is a once in a lifetime deer in pa, I got invited on a canned pheasant hunt again, I just can't do it anymore since my dogs died, I always found it kind of shitty way to hunt, I tried to go to South Dakota with some of my drinking buddies but they never invited me, when I had money, that and I'm not cool enough for them.

Haeder

South Dakota
Nice gusher, I envy you Midwest hunters that is a once in a lifetime deer in pa, I got invited on a canned pheasant hunt again, I just can't do it anymore since my dogs died, I always found it kind of shitty way to hunt, I tried to go to South Dakota with some of my drinking buddies but they never invited me, when I had money, that and I'm not cool enough for them.
Haven't drawn back on a buck that small in five years. The EHD hit the mature bucks hard where I'm hunting and I only saw about a dozen deer this season. A perfect 20 yard shot on a modest buck was just too good to pass up.

If you ever want to chase wild pheasants in South Dakota let me know and I'll put you on some good hunting. I'd recommend mid-December because the birds are easier to find when there's snow on the ground.

Haeder

South Dakota
I'm so happy. He dead and the coyotes didn't get you. Death is cheated once more.
I apologize for taking so much time to thank you for your concern about my well-being. Thank you.

Would you like me to mail you a deer steak to make amends for my tardy response?

gleet

I apologize for taking so much time to thank you for your concern about my well-being. Thank you.

Would you like me to mail you a deer steak to make amends for my tardy response?
No sir, I have some leftover moose stew from last night to keep me well fed.

Haeder

South Dakota
First blizzard of the season on the way and I've got warm clothes and a doe tag to fill. Going to sit in a treestand tomorrow morning for one hour and if I don't see a deer by then I'm going to climb down and has me a bacon heavy breakfast.

Haeder

South Dakota
30 degrees. 30 mph winds. Blizzard. Have a doe tag. Only see bucks.

First deer of the morning came by shortly after sunrise. His antlers were almost nonexistent and he was within six yards of my tree for over a minute.

Five minutes later a small 4x4 came by at 15 yards.

They were both chased off by this buck.

Then I got down and had breakfast.

gleet

30 degrees. 30 mph winds. Blizzard. Have a doe tag. Only see bucks.

First deer of the morning came by shortly after sunrise. His antlers were almost nonexistent and he was within six yards of my tree for over a minute.

Five minutes later a small 4x4 came by at 15 yards.

They were both chased off by this buck.

Then I got down and had breakfast.
#hadnobucktags

Haeder

South Dakota
So, I was almost the second person to hit this deer this morning.

Another guy stopped a moment later to see if I hit a deer. I told him no and was just about to put the poor deer out of its' misery. He asked me if he could shoot it instead. I told him I was the first person to stop and I should get to kill the deer. He said he hadn't killed anything with his new pistol yet so I let him do the honors.