OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

I'll miss the boys and their fans, but this company finally lost me

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ls1speedfreak, Sep 26, 2012.

1. ls1speedfreak

ls1speedfreak Registered User

I hate to, but after 45 minutes talking to 7 "outsourced operators" that don't understand me unless I talk like a robot and talking to two automated systems (trying to rectify a simple problem) I gave up and cancelled my subscription. After almost 7 years I've finally had enough of this company (for now).
    I hope to hear the guys soon somehow, but now it's just not worth the aggravation.
    And, yes, an email is on it's way to XM as well.

Email to XM
    After almost seven years of loyalty, today I have been pushed to the edge of what I can tolerate in order to listen to your programming.
    I called XM today to return a call I'd gotten from the company. 1) It had turned out that my automatic payment deduction service had stopped (without my say so) and there had been invoices building up. 2) The invoice amount was more than it should've been because 3) a radio that I'd called to deactivate several months ago was still activated.
    I had called several months ago to cancel my subscription because my radio was stolen. I was then offered a free receiver and gladly accepted and decided to remain an XM customer, as long as I'd not have to pay an activation fee (which I also had to spend some time rectifying when I activated my courtesy radio).

Today, after spending 54 minutes on the phone , speaking to a total of 7 operators who only understood what I meant if I spoke like a robot, 3 phone calls back because I happened to keep getting disconnected (on XM's end) when I was to be reconnected to the cancelling department I finally decided that the problems wouldn't get fixed and I cancelled my entire subscription.

The reality is that I am a fan of the content, almost entirely the Opie and Anthony show, and will miss the product. The only way I can resubscribe is if I know that
    1) all of the above mentioned problems are fixed
    2) I don't pay a new activation fee and
    3) I have to do NOTHING via the telephone, with the exception of someone from XM calling me because I don't want to go through the process of explaining and verifying everything for a fifth time.
    If you've made it this far in my message thank you for your time.
    Sincerely,
    a very frustrated former customer.

Rant over.

2. Ballbuster1

Ballbuster1 In The Danger Zone...
    Wackbag Staff

Good Luck Bro?

They do suck but I keep 1 subscription for the wife and we take
    the Roady on vacation for the rental cars. That's all I'll buy any more.

3. Pigdango

Pigdango Silence, you mortal Fuck!
    Donator

I really don't understand why it's so hard to get decent folks to answer the phone and fix your problems. Seems like it shouldn't be that tough of a job.

4. Ballbuster1

Ballbuster1 In The Danger Zone...
    Wackbag Staff

Considering the high unemployment rate you'd think they
    could get tons of people to work cheap in this country.

5. SatansCheerledr

SatansCheerledr Ideologically Unsound

They don't give a fuck. I switched to listening to them on audible when I canceled my XM account to protest them canceling Fungus radio and replacing it with a 24/7 AC/DC channel.

Absolutely likes this.
  6. Konstantin K

Konstantin K Big League Poster

Dammit, Fungus was awesome. Thanks for reminding me. Dick.

Sirius blows.

7. SatansCheerledr

SatansCheerledr Ideologically Unsound

I still miss Fungus to this day.

Absolutely likes this.
  8. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

I blame the greedy cocksuckers (aka suits) for the mess XM has become.

9. Mother Shucker

Mother Shucker I'm over here now.

When they pay Habeeb .50 per hour, you can't. People (I included) would rather suck the government teet then work for slave labor.

10. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

I've had some shitty experiences with Sirius CS too. So far, I decided to suck it up.
    The main factor in deciding who to hire isn't the salary. People at call centers abroad probably make less than their US counterparts, but not by much. At least not compared to the difference in related costs. If that was the main difference in cost, companies would still mostly hire Americans for these kinds of jobs.

The real issue is related costs, which are many times higher in the US. Taxes for instance (to fund that government teet you mentioned), are at least 100% of what an employee gets. Probably more in many states, even if you don't include the cost of book-keeping. Then there are the regulations which make it hard (and risky, because of litigation) to hire, fire, and manage employees. Then there is the cost of office space, equipment, etc.

11. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

YouTube, iTunes, and/or Audible. Take your pick.

12. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Lying causes cat piss smell.

And then some....

13. OccupyWackbag

OccupyWackbag Registered User

So how did that strongly worded email work our for you?