Illegals more important to ACLU than Americans

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
Judge Puts Hold on White House Plan to Warn Employers About Hiring Illegals

Saturday, September 01, 2007
A federal judge has put a halt on a planned White House crackdown on employers who hire illegal immigrants while she considers a lawsuit filed by the AFL-CIO claiming the move would harm citizens and those working in the U.S. legally, the Washington Post reported on Saturday.
Click here to read the report from the Washington Post.
The ruling, issued by U.S. District Judge Maxine M. Chesney, bars the Department of Homeland Security from sending mail notices to 140,000 employers about suspect Social Security numbers.
The AFL-CIO and the American Civil Liberties Union say that DHS is going beyond its mandate to enforce immigration laws and is misusing the Social Security Administration’s database, according to the report.
"We're disappointed by the delay and expect to prevail once the court has the benefit of full briefing and argument," DHS spokeswoman Laura Keehner said.
She added that Homeland Security will continue other immigration enforcement programs.
The ruling allows Judge Chesney to review the lawsuit before issuing a decision on the DHS plan. A hearing on the case has been set for Oct. 1.

Aug 11, 2005
as soon as I saw the word "she" I was annoyed

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Right, it's only those cursed liberals against this plan.

Leading U.S. business groups say the letters will trigger extensive workplace disruptions and plant and company closings this winter across the agriculture, meatpacking, construction, lodging, hospitality and service sectors. They have asked the Bush administration for a 180-day delay and for answers to 80 questions about how businesses can comply with immigration laws as well as anti-discrimination statutes.
Damned liberals.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
The situation sucks. Some liberal groups want to defend illegal aliens, some conservative business groups want to keep them her as cheap labor. Both sides have congressmen and senators bought and paid for and the regular people in this country get fucked over. Business as usual in Washington.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Right, it's only those cursed liberals against this plan.

Damned liberals.
:clap:

One again Liddy you have proven yourself to be one of the more intelligent posters in Wackbag.

This is a much bigger issue for businesses than it is for liberals. People need to get their heads out of the sand. If you’re going to take a stance on an issue at least know whom you are fighting against.

Capt.Caveman

Totally unlikeable
Jan 13, 2005
closer to a playground then allowed by law
The situation sucks. Some liberal groups want to defend illegal aliens, some conservative business groups want to keep them her as cheap labor. Both sides have congressmen and senators bought and paid for and the regular people in this country get fucked over. Business as usual in Washington.
Actually this is the most intellegent comment thus far. Liberals are just cunts and the rich business owners want to keep paying these savages $3 an hour. They all suck

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
here's an idea....tell the able-bodied welfare leeches that their checks are going to stop coming & they can replace the illegals (because now that there are jobs available).

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Not related to the topic of illegals, but ACLU related nonetheless.

The ACLU publishes 10 THOUSAND page document of "war crimes" by American troops. The general consensus from those who've perused it: the ACTUAL war crimes (a very, very small number) are being prosecuted, the rest is, unsurprisingly, just complete troop-smearing bullshit.

I'm.......not exactly sure how this is supposed to be defending our civil liberties. Unless the ACLU is defending the American right to be *virulently* anti-military.