Illegals partially responsible for Bridge Collapse ?

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Steel firm owner jailed

Illegal aliens had bogus SS numbers

By MICHAEL NEWSOM
mmnewsom@sunherald.com

The owner of Tarrasco Steel, a company that supplied workers on the Biloxi Bay Bridge, was arrested and charged with hiring illegal immigrants on projects in three states. Some had improper welding certification.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents arrested Jose S. Gonzalez, 32, at his office in Greenville Thursday, according to a news release. Tarrasco Steel was hired as a subcontractor for rebar installation services to major bridge projects in Mississippi, Louisiana and Tennessee. The federal government considers those bridges as critical infrastructure, and they were part of routine inspections of facilities that if damaged could pose a threat to national security and public safety.
"There is a serious public safety concern when illegal aliens, who are not authorized to work in the country legally, and who do not possess valid welding certifications, are employed in the construction of bridges in our communities," said Michael A. Holt, special agent in charge of the Customs Office of Investigations in New Orleans, in a news release.
On inspections of several construction sites March 29, representatives of several federal agencies confirmed the majority of Tarrasco Steel employees were using bogus Social Security numbers, and 77 immigrants were arrested. Twenty-six of them worked for Tarrasco Steel. Some of them worked on the Biloxi bridge, the Huey P. Long bridge in New Orleans, and a project on Interstate 40 in Memphis, among others, the news release said.
In April, nine Tarrasco employees caught in the March 29 operations were charged with fraudulent use of immigration documents and Social Security account numbers. Investigators served a search warrant at the Tarrasco office in Greenville and they got copies of payroll records. They allege Gonzalez falsified information on the I-9 Employee Eligibility forms. Investigators learned that several workers had inappropriate welding certifications.
Several South Mississippi law enforcement agencies participated in the investigation, including the Harrison County Sheriff's Department, the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation and the Biloxi Police Department.
Gonzalez was indicted on July 29 and $457,368 has been seized from Tarrasco accounts, the news release said.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
You blame the illegals, I blame the business owner.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
the Huey P. Long bridge in New Orleans
Holy shit! If you've ever crossed over that bridge you already know it's barely usable. The thing is too narow and sways in the breeze. It's also a train route bridge too.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
well thats what happens when the lowest bidder, is well, the lowest bidder. also i dont understand why instead of trying to do a job with traffic on it why dont they just close the bridge and work 24hours a day non stop on it, it would take less time and cost less money, thats another thing, if i drug my feet on jobs like some of these construction contractors i would get fucking fired

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
I blame the engineer that said, "Yeah, it'll hold."

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I blame the engineer that said, "Yeah, it'll hold."
HA! good luck, they rarely ever get blamed, its always the contractor or the poor shlep that is doing the work, Never never the guy that told him to do it, fucking engineers, never make mistakes, they make mid production design changes,,,, fuckers.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Here is the title of this thread: Illegals partially responsible for Bridge Collapse ?

Now, where in that article does it say anything about Minneapolis OR Minnesota? Only these 3 states were mentioned: Mississippi, Louisiana and Tennessee

I think you forgot the scary news tease tag of, "We'll tell you at 11"

And I, too, blame the contractor that hired the illegals. This country is so going to shit. It might be the engineers fault, but if he thinks the bridge is built to his/her specs, than yeah, it should hold.

two words...Improper Maitinance...

It was not the original design that was the problem, it was that they didn't spend any money on fixing it...

Larz

****Self-Banned****
It's My Birthday!
two words...Improper Maitinance...

It was not the original design that was the problem, it was that they didn't spend any money on fixing it...
:clap::clap:

Correct Sir!

Civil engineering is based on tried and true principles... its all physics. The variables that end up determining if a structure will "hold" in the short term come from quality of labor/materials and extreme environmental events (seismic activity, flood, other weather related etc..). In the longterm its all about maintenance.

Yeah I'm a civil engineer, and I'm always right cause my computer says so.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
The day it happened I blamed Political correctness... this is the payoff for not keeping illegals out,for giving undeserving idiots important jobs,and outsourcing material to foreign lands.

I see compromised material daily.....

I see people in jobs that are important that can't speak properly.....

Whatdo you think is going to happen? Why was America #1?

Why is our image and quality of everything going to shit?

Political correctness has no place in the team that comes in first place.

What would happen if the philadelphia Eagles had to hire a midget to play center?

They would lose sir, good day!

LiddyRules

This isn't political correctness. It's a business owner trying to save a few bucks by hiring illegals.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
This isn't political correctness. It's a business owner trying to save a few bucks by hiring illegals.
Yeah I mean every time a contractor/landscaping business comes around for an estimate to the houses around me it's a middle aged white guy. Then when the time comes to do the actual job, it's a bunch of 4 foot 5 mexicans in Bart Simpson Cowabunga Dude T-shirts that can only say "yes", "no", and "meester", and smile and nod at everything you say. The white guy who owns the business is never seen again.

The problem with this country is greed, from the smallest business to the biggest corporation.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
HA! good luck, they rarely ever get blamed, its always the contractor or the poor shlep that is doing the work, Never never the guy that told him to do it, fucking engineers, never make mistakes, they make mid production design changes,,,, fuckers.
Good point. I'll just blame the blacks again.

Glenn Dandy

Im right, you just aren't looking atthe big picture.

It's the beginning of the mess that starts a Bill Clinton. I am a visionary sir.

LiddyRules

oops

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Yeah I mean every time a contractor/landscaping business comes around for an estimate to the houses around me it's a middle aged white guy. Then when the time comes to do the actual job, it's a bunch of 4 foot 5 mexicans in Bart Simpson Cowabunga Dude T-shirts that can only say "yes", "no", and "meester", and smile and nod at everything you say. The white guy who owns the business is never seen again.

The problem with this country is greed, from the smallest business to the biggest corporation.
Yeh, it's everywhere from the landscapers to the lawyers. I'm tired of being on call all day and night, answering e-mails at 11:00PM, what's next technology that will enable us to work while we sleep ? 9-5 is a myth in this day and age.

Funny, sometimes the Mexicans where that Paco wear that looks pretty much like clown suits, with all crazy colors and shit, and those stupid 50 cent baseball caps with the flat visor amd gold sticker. That's all I see on the #7 train, Junction Blvd is like little Tijuana. Go Home!!!

LiddyRules

Yeh, it's everywhere from the landscapers to the lawyers. I'm tired of being on call all day and night, answering e-mails at 11:00PM, what's next technology that will enable us to work while we sleep ? 9-5 is a myth in this day and age.
No, it's cool. I saw a commercial where they painted it as a good thing that you can take your work home with you. It was for a Blackberry-esque device and it was like "your office is the world" but it was like great because the people looked so happy in it.

Say what you will about those Mexicans but they don't have to finish their spreadsheets on vacation.

Glenn Dandy

Wich let me see? In the old days would not have been tolerated... thank you sir.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
I agree that the contractor has a lot to do with it. But how about blaming our elected officials as well? Not in the let's point fingers at the other party way, but in general. How much money do they spend on adding pork to their bills? Instead of concentrating on fixing things that need fixing to keep their constituents safe they're worried about building bridges to nowhere, bicycle paths for 20 people or however many were on that island, and whatever other inane things they've added. That's money wasted that could have been used to upkeep the infrastructure of their respective states. The bridge collapse and maybe even the steam pipe explosion in NYC a few weeks ago might've been avoided

I'm just sayin'

Top Bottom