I'm OFFICIALLY no longer employed by Home Depot

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
A couple weeks ago I got a letter from Home Depot, and it started out "Since you are no longer employed by The Home Depot.................."

I'm so fuckin happy. I'm finally free. I don't gotta deal with those assholes anymore. I just stopped going into work. Well, actually, they stopped putting me on the schedule. The current store manager is a douche. We had 3 different store managers in the 18 months I was there. The 2 guys before him were cool. I just stopped going in because of a number of reasons:

1. I didn't really get along with the store manager and a couple of the asistant managers
2. They fired the HR manager, and she had my back no matter what. I felt so uncomfortable working without her there.
3. I was getting sick and tired of the job anyway, and I really wanted them to put me in another department, but they refused.
4. My grandma got really sick, and I lived next door to her, so she really needed me here.

Today, I started a job training program. They're gonna help me get a new job at the job training place. I wanna get a mailroom job. I had an internship in a mailroom, and I really liked it. The first step of the job training program is the evaluation. That's what I'm doing now. It lasts 15 days. Then they have a bunch of different training programs you can enroll into. Maybe 6 or 7. It's really interesting. The evaluation tells them how qualified you are to work, how qualified you are to take the training program you wanna take, and how qualified you are to take any of the other training programs. After training, you get an internship, then they help you get a job. So, that's what I've been up to.

poppAwoody

C colon enter
May 23, 2006
LI, New York
lol

when you tell these stories, have a point, it makes it so much more interesting for the listener

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Evaluation, training, internship, then the coveted mailroom job.

You're a special fella, right?

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Hey buddy congrats on that man. Hopefully it will work out better for you than them just telling you to go out and get carts in the lot.

It sounds like you'll be a bit happier

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
You make it sound like you were a prisoner of Home Depot and you're finally free to tell your story.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Now you have to pay full price for a plunger, that sucks dude.

And those orange bibbs are chic magnets.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Now you have to pay full price for a plunger, that sucks dude.

And those orange bibbs are chic magnets.
Ya well used to work for a building supply company... for 18 years... went from stock boy to their IT department... and cost plus 5% really helps when renovating two houses... I really hate paying retail now... meh.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Couple of things I want to get clear.

1) Is the "mailed letter of unemployment' a new thing for cashier jockeys and the guy who moves soil? (No offense to you, I just don't know if being let go from that low a position warrants that action. I've never heard it before. I take it from what you wrote, you weren't exactly in HD's echelon of management.)
2) job training program --> training --> internship --> mailroom. Do you have to pay for the job training? If so, is it run by a fellow named Ponzi?
3) You really needed an HR hole as a shield? After a while, "I've got wood" jokes aren't funny.
4) Do you get unemployment, because otherwise if you were so miserable and this job training thing was always an option, why not quit earlier?

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Good for you that you're not stuck at a job you hate.

However, just not showing up to work isn't generally the best way to go about things.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Ya well used to work for a building supply company... for 18 years... went from stock boy to their IT department... and cost plus 5% really helps when renovating two houses... I really hate paying retail now... meh.
5% those cheap bastards.:(

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
I'm so fucking lucky I work where I do. Basically I hang out with friends, have an occasional beer, and talk about the 1 thing I love doing. And it pays well IMO. All my income goes right back to the company for shit I don't need.

I've worked for large chains before. Will never EVER do it again. There's no freedom. It's just "we did studies and found that putting a sale sign on the right side of the door leads to wider profit margins...." blah blah blah. They're just cookie cutter stores with no atmosphere.

I'd rather have the leading role in 2girls1cup than work for a big company.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Damn, you sound like a real go getter.... the next place you go will be lucky to have you aboard.
Read the post. He's going from mailroom trainee to mailroom intern to mailroom attendant. Then, domestic sorting! International sorting! Envelopes!!

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
In between delivering the mail, make sure you have time to help someone steal TV's that were meant to be given out as prize.

LINNGER LONNGER!

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
Great, just what the world needs... yet another "professional" mailroom guy who's gone through a training program yet still gives me a bunch of bullshit every time I ask for a pencil or more than 5 envelopes at a clip.