Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Cowboy Don Imus Courted for Comeback
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3472963

ABC News
Posted: 2007-08-13 18:45:26

(Aug. 13) - Four months after Don Imus' derogatory comments about the Rutgers' women's basketball team shocked America, ABC News has learned he's on the verge of a comeback deal.

Don Imus' attorney says the embattled shock jock is being courted by more than one major media outlet.

Imus' attorney confirmed that he is being courted by major media outlets as reports of a possible return to CBS, the company that fired him, swirl.

Imus' close friend Kinky Friedman said the shock jock's comeback could come as early as January.

"He's told me that he's definitely coming back," Friedman said. "He's very much like Jesus. He's coming back and boy is he PO'd."

Imus could possibly be headed to Sirius, the satellite radio network's CEO, Mel Karmazin, a former boss of Imus, recently told the Fox News Channel he'd hire him.

"The fact that he had been fired wouldn't stop me from having Don work for me again," he said. "He makes you a lot of money."

The Rev. Al Sharpton, who led the fight against Imus, said he'll be watching him like a hawk.

"He could become the poster boy of redemption and of turning around from this error of degradation," Sharpton said. "We've never said he should never work again, but we would certainly monitor under what circumstance and safeguards they would have."

Corporate America will also be tuning in, as jittery advertisers quickly dropped Imus during the uproar. However, Vanity Fair columnist Michael Wolff said it's likely advertisers will not object because the controversy has died down.

But those deeply offended by Imus' now-infamous comments are demanding a change if the radio jockey returns to the airwaves.

"He's certainly going to have to convince us that there's somebody else sitting in the chair," Sharpton said. "If I'm not holding with bated breath, you can't blame me."

Friedman said he doesn't believe Imus would take a job that would censor him heavily.

"I don't think Imus will go on a show where he can't say what he wants," Friedman said. "He will ride and shoot straight and tell the truth wherever he winds up."

Copyright 2007 ABCNEWS.com
2007-08-13 12:16:14

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
(Aug. 13) - Four months after Don Imus' derogatory comments about the Rutgers' women's basketball team shocked America,
I got this far into the article and got pissed and stopped reading any farther.

I hate this form of cloaked editorialism.
This is not pure news at this point, it's your fucking opinion, and is intended to sway the feeble thinking of the masses reading your publication.
Who is surprised ABC news would stoop to that level?

BTW, I wasn't 'shocked'. So, fuck you ABC news for including me, an American, in your propoganda without my permission.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
If Imus is able to swing this deal, it's a victory against special interest groups, which can't make me happier!
:clap::clap::clap:

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
If Imus is able to swing this deal, it's a victory against special interest groups, which can't make me happier!
:clap::clap::clap:
if i were him i would sign the deal, get on the air and tell them all to go fuck them selves, then quit, the guy doesnt need the money, so working for some one in his position and condition is really either feeding his own ego or chasing another buck

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Exactly. We already got one cranky old fuck chasing every nickel he can get his hands on, we don't need another.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
"He's certainly going to have to convince us that there's somebody else sitting in the chair," Sharpton said.
and if he doesnt?

My father made a good point about an Imus comeback, as a long time hardcore fan he thinks if Imus comes back spitting fire and not pulling punches regarding sharpton, the media, the friends that didnt support him etc, the comeback is gona be huge. but if fans feel that hes more reserved and afraid to speak his mind, fans like my father will be very turned off.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
"He's told me that he's definitely coming back," Friedman said. "He's very much like Jesus. He's coming back and boy is he PO'd."
but this has me very optimistic. should be great radio, for Imus and O and A as well.

I wish Imus all the best and a return now for he did nothing wrong. Out of the whole of radio Imus is genuinely one of the good guys. But the average person out there never got to catch that side of him because of how the vultures swarmed all over him over nothing.

On that note he will be back. But I doubt it will be on regular radio. But if he ends up on Sirius, that will be interesting.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
On that note he will be back. But I doubt it will be on regular radio. But if he ends up on Sirius, that will be interesting.
It'll be especially interesting considering the years of bad blood between him and Hoo Hoo. If Imus is hired there and isn't forced to kiss Howie's ass, there might be hope for O&A if the merger goes through.

FellowTraveler

Frank Reynolds is my hero
Jul 24, 2005
The Rev. Al Sharpton, who led the fight against Imus, said he'll be watching him like a hawk.

"He could become the poster boy of redemption and of turning around from this error of degradation," Sharpton said. "We've never said he should never work again, but we would certainly monitor under what circumstance and safeguards they would have."
Who the fuck does this cunt think he is. Why the fuck does he have to get involved with another persons livelihood. Fuck him. Lets see how well he lives if all of his extortion money is cut off.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
It'll be especially interesting considering the years of bad blood between him and Hoo Hoo. If Imus is hired there and isn't forced to kiss Howie's ass, there might be hope for O&A if the merger goes through.
Imus is pretty close to Mel, he wouldnt be forced to kiss anyones ass. but it looks like hes headed to ABC anyways

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20263533/

NEW YORK - Don Imus has reached a settlement with CBS over his multimillion-dollar contract and is negotiating with WABC radio to resume his broadcasting career there, according to CBS and a person familiar with the negotiations.........

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
I think there's some marketing genius going on here.. If true, I think I like it.
The first story is from ABC news, who learns Imus is negotiating a return, but never speculates it might be to ABC. But they do bring up in great detail the Sharpton comments, as well as the comments of Imus's buddy who said Imus won't take a job that censors him too much.

Then MSNBC pretty much implies he's going to ABC.

Looks to me like ABC is using its news outlets to create a buzz about the return of Imus. Complete with the drama of the Sharpton conflict.

If that's true, hats off to the people at ABC that decided to use Sharptons own quotes as a gimmick to stir up peoples interest in listening to Imus.

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
Thank goodness PAC was there.
:clap::clap::clap: for the biting, relevant observation.
:clap::clap::clap::clap: for the sig.

Jesus, my blog has newer, better content than PAC. But they weren't a cause organization, right?

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
breaking news on FOX. one of the nappy headed ho's has just sued Imus for his comments, for damage done to her reputation and "good name." the coach, the team had put this behind them, but I guess its not surprising that one of them decided she would try to cash in

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
Nashville Coffee isn't faring much better. It's been at least a week since that site has been active.

Carolina Kike

World's Only Redneck Kike
Oct 30, 2005
Columbia, SC/Watertown, MA
breaking news on FOX. one of the nappy headed ho's has just sued Imus for his comments, for damage done to her reputation and "good name." the coach, the team had put this behind them, but I guess its not surprising that one of them decided she would try to cash in
My dad marched in Selma Alabama, and saw his best friend beaten to death by cops so that these n1ggers can come out and do this. My dad must be rolling in his grave.

cknight725

Wackbag Biblical Scholar
Sep 9, 2005
Albuq., NM

... and unfortunately she's got him dead to rights:
wikipedia said:
Defamation Per Se

All states except Arizona, Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri, and Tennessee recognize that some categories of statements are considered to be defamatory per se, such that people making a defamation claim for these statements do not need to prove that the statement was defamatory. In the common law tradition, damages for such statements are presumed and do not have to be proven. Traditionally, these per se defamatory statements include:

* Allegations or imputations "injurious to another in their trade, business, or profession"
* Allegations or imputations "of loathsome disease" (historically leprosy and sexually transmitted disease, now also including mental illness)
* Allegations or imputations of "unchastity" (usually only in unmarried people and sometimes only in women)
* Allegations or imputations of criminal activity (sometimes only crimes of moral turpitude)
Imus will settle, this bitch will cash in, she'll blow the settlement on an Escalade and a house for her mom, the Escalade will be stolen by her baby-daddy and used in a black-on-black shooting, her mom won't be able to pay the property taxes in her new house, it will be foreclosed, life will go on, and she'll still blame whitey for all her troulbles ...

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
and unfortunately she's got him dead to rights:

Imus will settle, this bitch will cash in, she'll blow it on an Escalade and a house for her mom, the Escalade will be stolen by her baby-daddy and used in a criminal act, and her mom won't be able to pay the property taxes in her new house and life will go on ....
Imus wont pay much if at all. shes suing Imus, but all of the companies that broadcasted him as well. part of their argument is that the show should have been dumped out of during the 10 seconds of "insults."

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
Imus was treated so horribly and our rights were so fucing ignored, That I think we forgot that he wasn't really funny. I'm just saying....

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
Kind of OT, but I can't start threads, so here it is.

Kia Vaughn, the woman who is going to sue Imus, now has a wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Vaughn
Damn, should have taken a screenshot of the page as it was when I found it. They had added a picture of a prostitute and had a much more accurate description of her nappy headed ho behavior.