Imus donations, are you being inundated for more?

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
SInce doanting to the Imus foundation back in April, it seems every other month I get a request from the CJ Foundation for more money. I've also been getting requests for some other kids fund in the NYC area. Anyone else getting this also?

mud

I donated back then and haven't got anything since the original thanks for your donation. I only gave like 35 bucks, maybe that wasn't enough to keep asking.

elitemrp

ive never heard from them since my initial donations

S

Scarlet

I've gotten a couple of mailings and emails. They just started arriving maybe a month ago. But as long as they don't start calling me, I don't mind it.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
I received a request the other day. That's the first one I've received since donating when he was fired. I do get mailings from other children's foundations but I'm more inclined to believe it's from the Marines Toys For Tots since they get a check about every 2 -3 months and I've been giving to them for years.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
I think SOME of these charities share mailing lists, not sure if Imus's does. I think the ones that send you the pre-printed address labels of yourself do. Now when I get those and it's for a cause that I like I just throw a cash donation in there and leave out any info of myself.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Not any more than any other charity I've donated to in the past 10 years.

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
I've been receiving things from various SIDS foundations, breast cancer, etc. I donated to Imus' thing last year but I HATE the way they get you name around to these other organizations.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
I think SOME of these charities share mailing lists, not sure if Imus's does. I think the ones that send you the pre-printed address labels of yourself do. Now when I get those and it's for a cause that I like I just throw a cash donation in there and leave out any info of myself.
I always write a check ... I need the tax deductions :haha7:

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
Yeah I don't mind donating, heck I'll take the tax write off, it's just weird, I've gotten 3 mailers from seeking donations from them in the last two months.

EnwordLips

I am pretty sure his organization is basically a scam. Doesnt he use the money to buy up the land around his ranch? Which is for living in and cancer kids but I assume mostly for cancer kids. How much acreage can cancer kids really use

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
I always write a check ... I need the tax deductions :haha7:
I still claim it. But then again I only claim a few hundred dollars. I just bump up the blank Goodwill and Salvation Army receipts they give away.

If you need the deductions, do what the po' folk do:
Have more kids!:icon_mrgr

maz

TRueWDTer
not that i know of
but i only open mail that
looks like a bill
looks like a check for me (yeah that happens alot)
or a card from someone i know
everything else goes right into the shredder

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
It's My Birthday!
I am pretty sure his organization is basically a scam. Doesnt he use the money to buy up the land around his ranch? Which is for living in and cancer kids but I assume mostly for cancer kids. How much acreage can cancer kids really use
Please tell me you don't believe everything that Howie spews as the absolute truth. :action-sm

EnwordLips

Please tell me you don't believe everything that Howie spews as the absolute truth. :action-sm
No but in all likelihood that is the truth. He does use the money to buy more land. And what are a bunch of cancer kids gonna do with extra land. And I am sure he has enough personal assets to be covering the normal expenses of taking care of some cancer kids. You gotta be suspicious, most charitable people do not make one of their houses the charity

No but in all likelihood that is the truth. He does use the money to buy more land. And what are a bunch of cancer kids gonna do with extra land. And I am sure he has enough personal assets to be covering the normal expenses of taking care of some cancer kids. You gotta be suspicious, most charitable people do not make one of their houses the charity

He could be doing it for altruistic reasons too. Not every charity is a scam.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
It's My Birthday!
So you have no proof of any wrong doing by Imus, except for Howie's words. Interesting....:rolleyes:

EnwordLips

So you have no proof of any wrong doing by Imus, except for Howie's words. Interesting....:rolleyes:
I didnt say it was Howards words. Its just like how I am sure you'd agree Oprah aint building schools out of the good of her heart. Shes got extra cash and wants to make da papers. Thats why she spends millions and only lets 100 girls in when she could be teaching the whole fucking continent.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
It's My Birthday!
What charity has Howie promoted or backed with his time and money that helps people?

Yeah, I know his twat helps North Shore Animal Shelter.

I shalln't be holding my breath on this either.

You gotta be suspicious, most charitable people do not make one of their houses the charity
he has made his house part of the charity. they also have medical facilities and a staff. keep posting, its hilarious watching you post bullshit thats easily called out

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
I still claim it. But then again I only claim a few hundred dollars. I just bump up the blank Goodwill and Salvation Army receipts they give away.

If you need the deductions, do what the po' folk do:
Have more kids!:icon_mrgr
I write up fake receipts from the church where I work shhhhh