Imus's Audience Departs With Him

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Sorry if this was posted in another thread, but I DID search.

30 May 2007

Half of MSNBC's morning viewers have fled the cable channel since it fired Don Imus last month, according to Nielsen Research. The ratings company said that while in March the Imus time slot drew 316,000 households, the number dropped to 177,000 during the first month of Imus's absence. Meanwhile, message writers continue to bombard MSNC demanding that Imus be reinstated and asserting that they will refuse to watch any MSNBC program or buy any products advertised by the channel until he is.
From Studio Briefing (also on contactmusic.com)

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

good

I know my mom has stopped watching MSNBC over this. She was a huge Imus fan. Great to hear this news.

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
I dont even like Imus much but fuck MSNBC for caving in to Sharpton and those other knitters. The rest of the "viewers" are probably just turned on TV's in offices somewhere.

Rich W.

What is the source of that announcement??

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
Wait a minute. Didn't the marketplace speak saying they didn't want Imus? I cannot reconcile this.

was 316,000 a good number to begin with? seems kind of low to me

well i guess with all the other competing services out there it's pretty decent

actually thats a decent, not great, but decent number. remember its a cable news channel, although national.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
The number of viewers he had isn't really the point. The fact that 1/2 of
the audience didn't stick around after he left speaks volumes about how
offended people really were and what a mistake firing him was.

predators1998

Fantastic. I really enjoyed some of MSNBC's programming. The Lockup series was pretty good and I would catch up on some of the Dateline shows that I miss due to working nights. I didn't watch Imus and I've never been much of a fan of his, but fuck MSNBC. I hope they all die in a fire.

Coffee Diva

Female? Nope. Meaty-breasted? You betcha!
was 316,000 a good number to begin with? seems kind of low to me

well i guess with all the other competing services out there it's pretty decent
Don't forget how poorly MSNBC does in general compared to CNN and FNC. For them, 316K was a great number, and that's before you even begin to consider the underlying demographics, which were outstanding for the I-Man? (Ever notice how most national radio talk shows are filled with ads for credit repair, dick-lengtheners and the like? Not Imus ... his show had ads for mutual funds and $50K cars.)

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
i dont know but when i see a typo like this I CALL BRAVO SIERA
message writers continue to bombard MSNC demanding that Imus be reinstated and asserting that they will refuse to watch any MSNBC

Jims Rottweiler

Anyone ever smell my ass?
The number of viewers he had isn't really the point. The fact that 1/2 of
the audience didn't stick around after he left speaks volumes about how
offended people really were and what a mistake firing him was.
Not really. It just shows how popular Imus is. Once he's gone, his listeners hardly going to listen to the crap they replaced him with. I"m guessing they all went elsewhere. I seriously doubt that they have ANY Imus listeners left on MSNBC.

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
Ha-ha-ha MSNBCrap lost ratings

(im creative)