In Defense of the Second Amendment

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
After a tumultuous few weeks in court, a gun control initiative will appear on the November ballot after all.

More than 350,000 signatures collected for Initiative 1639 were thrown out by Thurston County Superior Court Judge James Dixon on Aug. 17, as the format on the petition wasn't up to par: The font size was too small and the text of the initiative was missing strikethroughs and underlines to highlight the changes to state law.

But the Washington State Supreme Court reversed that decision, ruling on Aug. 24 that state law doesn't require Secretary of State Kim Wyman to keep the measure off of the ballot due to formatting issues.

"This clears the way for our preparations to put I-1639 before voters in time for ballots to be printed," Secretary Wyman says in a news release. "My priority is protecting Washington citizens' right to make informed use of our state constitution's initiative process."

The measure would raise the legal purchase age on semi-automatic rifles from 18 to 21, matching rules on handguns, expand background checks, institute a 10-day waiting period on semi-automatic rifle purchases and require a safety course. It also would change the name of semi-automatic rifles under state definition to "semi-automatic assault rifle," excluding antique rifles and those "manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action."

Additionally, the measure would create punishments for gun owners who don't use safe gun storage if their weapon is used to harm someone.

If passed, the formatting or wording issues could again be challenged in court.

On Friday, August 31, 2018 6:12 PM, Michael Bivins <onabiv@yahoo.com> wrote:

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Stories like this always make me sad. It's Oregon, so you know they are going to destroy these beautiful weapons

I would bet the cops just keep them, it’s common practice because cops aren’t usually subject to the laws of common folk

KRSOne

After a tumultuous few weeks in court, a gun control initiative will appear on the November ballot after all.

More than 350,000 signatures collected for Initiative 1639 were thrown out by Thurston County Superior Court Judge James Dixon on Aug. 17, as the format on the petition wasn't up to par: The font size was too small and the text of the initiative was missing strikethroughs and underlines to highlight the changes to state law.

But the Washington State Supreme Court reversed that decision, ruling on Aug. 24 that state law doesn't require Secretary of State Kim Wyman to keep the measure off of the ballot due to formatting issues.

"This clears the way for our preparations to put I-1639 before voters in time for ballots to be printed," Secretary Wyman says in a news release. "My priority is protecting Washington citizens' right to make informed use of our state constitution's initiative process."

The measure would raise the legal purchase age on semi-automatic rifles from 18 to 21, matching rules on handguns, expand background checks, institute a 10-day waiting period on semi-automatic rifle purchases and require a safety course. It also would change the name of semi-automatic rifles under state definition to "semi-automatic assault rifle," excluding antique rifles and those "manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action."

Additionally, the measure would create punishments for gun owners who don't use safe gun storage if their weapon is used to harm someone.

If passed, the formatting or wording issues could again be challenged in court.

On Friday, August 31, 2018 6:12 PM, Michael Bivins <onabiv@yahoo.com> wrote:

If republicans weren't so useless they would fight fire with fire and create similar laws on voting. How about if you have to take a class and prove you understand basic economics and basic issues before voting? Raise the voting age to 21, do a background check to verify you are who you claim you are. In my state you have to pay a seperate $15 tax just to get the background check, lets charge people $15 to vote.

Do they explain what safe gun storage is? A $50 safe vs a $3200 safe? A $25 lock on your front door?

THE FEZ MAN

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Oh well, I don’t miss shopping at Dicks, eating Ben and Jerry’s, and Starbucks coffee sucks, like @tattered said, carharts and Dickey’s fit better anyway
Levis wear out to fast. I still have a pair of wranglers from 6yrs ago where the knees are just starting to get thin
Ill still eat ben and jerrys ice cream bars every now and then when its really hot because they are at wawa and im getting lunch anyway

KRSOne

David Hoggs newest extortion scheme is the dumbest one yet and its against Smith and Wesson. If they don't do what he says, he will get anti gun people to stop buying smith and wesson guns... That would be like Vegans threatening McDonalds. Vegans will never go to McDonalds again If you don't give my organization 5 million dollars.

Last edited:

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
David Hoggs newest extortion scheme is the dumbest one yet and its against Smith and Wesson. If they don't do what he says, he will get anti gun people to stop buying smith and wesson guns... That would be like Vegans threatening McDonalds. Vegans will never go to McDonalds again If you don't give my organization 5 million dollars.
Anti gun people already don’t buy Smith and Wesson. No great loss. Fuck David Hogg.

THE FEZ MAN

Anti gun people already don’t buy Smith and Wesson. No great loss. Fuck David Hogg.
That kid is hilarious, I find it interesting how quickly he “burned out” his mouth absolutely runs faster than his brain, just like every other shit head teenager who gets pissed off when you tell them to shut the fuck up

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
It’s old and I think it’s Brazil, and she’s a cop
That chick is def a cop. Look how she kicks his gun away right away, the way she holds hers, and that her next instinct to make him roll over on his stomach. If the video was longer im sure wed either see her cuff him or make him put his hands on his head. Shes 100% a cop

KRSOne

THE FEZ MAN

If I have to listen to one more ill informed shit head comment on “assault weapons” or “bump stocks” my head might explode