In Defense of the Second Amendment

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
California shenanigans... see if your guns are banned... oddly all my pistols including a K frame in 38 spc is banned now in California...

Link (PDF)

Oh they seem to have a hardon for ParaUSA and their hi cap 45 ACPs... and 22 pistols like the Sig Mosquito...

I'm sure there are lines of MS-13, Bloods, Crips and whatever criminals are waiting to turn their now illegal firearms in.

Edit: my P365 isn't banned wow...
the P365 isn't on the roster, in fact no gun made in the last 10 years or so are on the roster as any new model has to have micro stamping so no new guns will ever be sold here.

ysr50

Donator
the P365 isn't on the roster, in fact no gun made in the last 10 years or so are on the roster as any new model has to have micro stamping so no new guns will ever be sold here.
There are still 763 handguns on the CA DOJ Roster that can be purchased new, https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/certguns ,I'm not sure how many are new or how many are recently introduced models. I've been reading about a single action AR pistol that was recently added online, although I'm not sure why anyone would want one.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
There are still 763 handguns on the CA DOJ Roster that can be purchased new, https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/certguns ,I'm not sure how many are new or how many are recently introduced models. I've been reading about a single action AR pistol that was recently added online, although I'm not sure why anyone would want one.
There are NO newer guns on the roster and even if they are on it, they may be so hard to find as they have to be the exact SKU number to be able to be sold and if those are hard to find, it may take until they resume making them. This is why Glock still makes gen 3 models as those are the most current models still on the roster. This started out as them wanting to ban, errr restrict sales of those very unsafe semi autos as they require a fee of course plus a certain amount of test models and they do the safety testing to deem them safe enough to be able to be sold to the slaves here. But they have added revolvers to the list too. Ever since 2013 when they made the law, no new guns can be sold here except to the police and of course the politicians.

http://www.govtech.com/public-safety/California-Supreme-Court-Upholds-Bullet-Micro-Stamping-Law.html

ysr50

Donator
There are NO newer guns on the roster and even if they are on it, they may be so hard to find as they have to be the exact SKU number to be able to be sold and if those are hard to find, it may take until they resume making them. This is why Glock still makes gen 3 models as those are the most current models still on the roster. This started out as them wanting to ban, errr restrict sales of those very unsafe semi autos as they require a fee of course plus a certain amount of test models and they do the safety testing to deem them safe enough to be able to be sold to the slaves here. But they have added revolvers to the list too. Ever since 2013 when they made the law, no new guns can be sold here except to the police and of course the politicians.

http://www.govtech.com/public-safety/California-Supreme-Court-Upholds-Bullet-Micro-Stamping-Law.html
I'm aware of all that, but I hope you do understand that off-roster handguns are still available, just not new and you will pay a premium for a used gun. Also, the specific SKU thing has caused many manufacturers to refuse to pay the enormous fees to have a handgun on roster that is identical to it's predecessor except for a finish change or any improvement in the manufacturing process. Colt no longer offers any new 1911s to civilians in CA but military and LEO can still get them, that's a god damn shame. I think you and I are talking past each other and we're both upset by the same thing. There are still decent new 1911s available, but they aren't Colts. I'm glad I got mine before the prices went bananas for a used Colt.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
I'm aware of all that, but I hope you do understand that off-roster handguns are still available, just not new and you will pay a premium for a used gun. Also, the specific SKU thing has caused many manufacturers to refuse to pay the enormous fees to have a handgun on roster that is identical to it's predecessor except for a finish change or any improvement in the manufacturing process. Colt no longer offers any new 1911s to civilians in CA but military and LEO can still get them, that's a god damn shame. I think you and I are talking past each other and we're both upset by the same thing. There are still decent new 1911s available, but they aren't Colts. I'm glad I got mine before the prices went bananas for a used Colt.
this is true but the gun you want isn't always available on the used market or like you say, they are at highly inflated prices.

there seems to be some LEOs that buy guns and resell them and I think the tyrants are going to put an end to that from what I have heard.

ysr50

Donator
this is true but the gun you want isn't always available on the used market or like you say, they are at highly inflated prices.

there seems to be some LEOs that buy guns and resell them and I think the tyrants are going to put an end to that from what I have heard.
That's a sure way for an LEO to throw away their career and pension. If you think your last PPT might have been scrutinized you can imagine what hoops those guys have to jump through to sell a gun. If I was a cop I'd never plan on selling any gun, it's just too risky. Is it unfair that we have these restrictions hoisted upon us? Of course it is, so just make do the best you can or move to a locale that more suits your interests, I have no intention of retiring here. I will sell, evade the exit tax and enjoy the rest of my life elsewhere. I'm done trying to fight idiots and people that complain but won't vote, they get what they deserve.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
That's a sure way for an LEO to throw away their career and pension. If you think your last PPT might have been scrutinized you can imagine what hoops those guys have to jump through to sell a gun. If I was a cop I'd never plan on selling any gun, it's just too risky. Is it unfair that we have these restrictions hoisted upon us? Of course it is, so just make do the best you can or move to a locale that more suits your interests, I have no intention of retiring here. I will sell, evade the exit tax and enjoy the rest of my life elsewhere. I'm done trying to fight idiots and people that complain but won't vote, they get what they deserve.
yep, I think they can sell one now and then and if it has been a while since they bought it, probably no flags get popped up but if you look on calguns, there are many newer pistols not on the roster that pop up just in the "latest posts" page which means there are probably many more that I never see and those have to be someone on the inside doing the selling.

ysr50

Donator
yep, I think they can sell one now and then and if it has been a while since they bought it, probably no flags get popped up but if you look on calguns, there are many newer pistols not on the roster that pop up just in the "latest posts" page which means there are probably many more that I never see and those have to be someone on the inside doing the selling.
I don't think there is an "inside". Calguns can be a good resource but IMHO needs to be viewed with a very critical eye. I've purchased one handgun and one rifle from the marketplace, and both transactions were flawless, but I've purchased more guns from friends, or friends of friends, and all of those transactions went through without a hitch as well. If you were an LEO would you advertise on Calguns?

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
I don't think there is an "inside". Calguns can be a good resource but IMHO needs to be viewed with a very critical eye. I've purchased one handgun and one rifle from the marketplace, and both transactions were flawless, but I've purchased more guns from friends, or friends of friends, and all of those transactions went through without a hitch as well. If you were an LEO would you advertise on Calguns?
As what I meant as Inside, I meant someone in LE or a politician. I have only bought brass through there but those new guns can't be all from people just moving into the state. You just saw how the CHP in east LA just got busted for the payroll fraud deal, not all of them follow the laws.

ysr50

Donator
As what I meant as Inside, I meant someone in LE or a politician. I have only bought brass through there but those new guns can't be all from people just moving into the state. You just saw how the CHP in east LA just got busted for the payroll fraud deal, not all of them follow the laws.
I'm not sure what you're mad about. The fact that they have access to new guns that I don't doesn't bother me. If you want those guns, save up and pay the premium to acquire them here or move and rid yourself of the restrictions. Are all LEOs honorable? Probably not, I won't even ask the same question regarding politicians. It's not fair, life is not fair. I will abide by the rules so I don't get convicted of a felony and my rights are stripped away completely.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
I'm not sure what you're mad about. The fact that they have access to new guns that I don't doesn't bother me. If you want those guns, save up and pay the premium to acquire them here or move and rid yourself of the restrictions. Are all LEOs honorable? Probably not, I won't even ask the same question regarding politicians. It's not fair, life is not fair. I will abide by the rules so I don't get convicted of a felony and my rights are stripped away completely.
I'm not mad. I am just pointing out the screwed up system here in this state that the politicians and their stupid voters have created. I hope others that don't live here understand this is what is coming to their states if they don't keep their eyes open.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
https://thehill.com/business-a-lobb...quiring-companies-that-want-city-contracts-to

Los Angeles passes law requiring companies that want city contracts to disclose NRA ties
By Brett Samuels - 02/12/19 07:45 PM EST

The Los Angeles City Council voted on Tuesday to pass a law that requires companies seeking contracts with the city to disclose any ties to the National Rifle Association (NRA).

The Los Angeles Times reported that council member Mitch O'Farrell crafted the ordinance in response to the wave of mass shootings in the U.S. The councilman described the NRA as a "roadblock" to gun law reforms.

The measure passed on Tuesday with a 14-0 vote.

Attorneys for the NRA have threatened to sue over the ordinance, the Times reported. One lawyer for the organization told the news outlet that the law could prompt those with ties to the organization to drop their affiliation out of fear it could cost them business.

The NRA did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The Los Angeles Times reported that the city's attorney informed O'Farrell that the city is on "firm legal ground" with the ordinance.

The NRA has come under mounting scrutiny, particularly from Democratic lawmakers, in the wake of recent mass shootings, including one last year that left 12 people dead in a suburb of Los Angeles.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator

KRSOne

And what are they going to do?
Go door to door and take them away?
Good luck with that.
Dems/Neocons already did it in New Orleans when they declared an emergency so they will do it rather or not Trump builds the wall using an emergency.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Dems/Neocons already did it in New Orleans when they declared an emergency so they will do it rather or not Trump builds the wall using an emergency.
They come knocking at my door they will need to call more men

Just checked and it isn't on the MA roster either. Even though there are a few other Sigs and Glocks etc the same sizeish... not even the P225A1 basically a single stack version of the P226 that was brought back for CCW isn't on the list. Again glad I don't live in MA... or CA.

KRSOne

We finally found an area where democrats don't want background checks. Checks for American citizens but its racist to alert ICE if a non citizen tries to illegally buy a gun.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
OK, so did I miss this or was it ignored by the MSM?

BELLEVUE, Wash., July 10, 2018 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Department of Justice and Second Amendment Foundation have reached a settlement in SAF's lawsuit on behalf of Cody Wilson and Defense Distributed over free speech issues related to 3-D files and other information that may be used to manufacture lawful firearms.

SAF and Defense Distributed had filed suit against the State Department under the Obama administration, challenging a May 2013 attempt to control public speech as an export under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), a Cold War-era law intended to control exports of military articles.

Under terms of the settlement, the government has agreed to waive its prior restraint against the plaintiffs, allowing them to freely publish the 3-D files and other information at issue. The government has also agreed to pay a significant portion of the plaintiffs' attorney's fees, and to return $10,000 in State Department registration dues paid by Defense Distributed as a result of the prior restraint.

Significantly, the government expressly acknowledges that non-automatic firearms up to .50-caliber – including modern semi-auto sporting rifles such as the popular AR-15 and similar firearms – are not inherently military.

"Not only is this a First Amendment victory for free speech, it also is a devastating blow to the gun prohibition lobby," noted SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. "For years, anti-gunners have contended that modern semi-automatic sport-utility rifles are so-called 'weapons of war,' and with this settlement, the government has acknowledged they are nothing of the sort.

"Under this settlement," he continued, "the government will draft and pursue regulatory amendments that eliminate ITAR control over the technical information at the center of this case. They will transfer export jurisdiction to the Commerce Department, which does not impose prior restraint on public speech. That will allow Defense Distributed and SAF to publish information about 3-D technology."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...in-defense-distributed-lawsuit-300678872.html

In offering a definition of “military equipment” the settlement says:

The phrase “Military Equipment” means (1) Drums and other magazines for firearms to 50 caliber (12.7 mm) inclusive with a capacity greater than 50 rounds, regardless of the jurisdiction of the firearm, and specially designed parts and components therefor; (2) Parts and components specifically designed for conversion of a semi-automatic firearm to a fully automatic firearm; (3) Accessories or attachments specifically designed to automatically stabilize aim (other than gun rests) or for automatic targeting, and specifically designed parts and components therefor.​

Attorneys in the case expounded on the amended regulations by pointing out that the settlement “expressly acknowledges that non-automatic firearms up to .50 caliber widely available in retail outlets in the United States and abroad [a scope that includes AR-15 and other assault-style rifles], are not inherently military.”

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
OK, so did I miss this or was it ignored by the MSM?

BELLEVUE, Wash., July 10, 2018 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Department of Justice and Second Amendment Foundation have reached a settlement in SAF's lawsuit on behalf of Cody Wilson and Defense Distributed over free speech issues related to 3-D files and other information that may be used to manufacture lawful firearms.

SAF and Defense Distributed had filed suit against the State Department under the Obama administration, challenging a May 2013 attempt to control public speech as an export under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), a Cold War-era law intended to control exports of military articles.

Under terms of the settlement, the government has agreed to waive its prior restraint against the plaintiffs, allowing them to freely publish the 3-D files and other information at issue. The government has also agreed to pay a significant portion of the plaintiffs' attorney's fees, and to return $10,000 in State Department registration dues paid by Defense Distributed as a result of the prior restraint.

Significantly, the government expressly acknowledges that non-automatic firearms up to .50-caliber – including modern semi-auto sporting rifles such as the popular AR-15 and similar firearms – are not inherently military.

"Not only is this a First Amendment victory for free speech, it also is a devastating blow to the gun prohibition lobby," noted SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. "For years, anti-gunners have contended that modern semi-automatic sport-utility rifles are so-called 'weapons of war,' and with this settlement, the government has acknowledged they are nothing of the sort.

"Under this settlement," he continued, "the government will draft and pursue regulatory amendments that eliminate ITAR control over the technical information at the center of this case. They will transfer export jurisdiction to the Commerce Department, which does not impose prior restraint on public speech. That will allow Defense Distributed and SAF to publish information about 3-D technology."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...in-defense-distributed-lawsuit-300678872.html
Wow not a peep on the news