In Defense of the Second Amendment

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
Don’t any of you nuts have a car? You know, drive to Nevada and just buy all the magazines you want? Cases of ammo? Or are you all such ninnies? Or is this a “principal” issue?
I am in other states all the time, for a lot of people it is a very long 4+ hour drive each way just to get somewhere that may have some. Then you need to know where to look if you are looking for something out of the ordinary. For me, it is 7 hours to Vegas, about the same to Reno and 11 to Phoenix.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I am in other states all the time, for a lot of people it is a very long 4+ hour drive each way just to get somewhere that may have some. Then you need to know where to look if you are looking for something out of the ordinary. For me, it is 7 hours to Vegas, about the same to Reno and 11 to Phoenix.
Make it a “freedom weekend”

KRSOne

Not quite yet. The judge ruled that people that have grandfathered standard capacity magazines won't be forced to turn them in if it stands.
That shouldn't be a problem since democrats think magazines are a one time use thing.

Only certain people are allowed to have an opinion on abortion but dummies like this get to decide what rights will be criminalized.

ysr50

Donator
Don’t any of you nuts have a car? You know, drive to Nevada and just buy all the magazines you want? Cases of ammo? Or are you all such ninnies? Or is this a “principal” issue?
Some of us would rather not have a felony on our record. The laws here are so confusing that some websites have flow charts to try and help people stay out of trouble, even then the laws are sometimes vague and left open to interpretation by LEO and the courts. I don't want to risk being the precedent that future cases reference. Bringing back ammunition from another state will make you a felon if you get caught, they have these inspection stations setup on most of the roads/highways into california that are supposed to be for agricultural reasons that will search your vehicle if they want. The magazine thing doesn't seem to be solid enough yet for me to go spend a bunch of money, not to mention the rifles I'd want them for are fucking paperweights at this point.

THE FEZ MAN

Some of us would rather not have a felony on our record. The laws here are so confusing that some websites have flow charts to try and help people stay out of trouble, even then the laws are sometimes vague and left open to interpretation by LEO and the courts. I don't want to risk being the precedent that future cases reference. Bringing back ammunition from another state will make you a felon if you get caught, they have these inspection stations setup on most of the roads/highways into california that are supposed to be for agricultural reasons that will search your vehicle if they want. The magazine thing doesn't seem to be solid enough yet for me to go spend a bunch of money, not to mention the rifles I'd want them for are fucking paperweights at this point.
People’s republic of kommifornia

ysr50

Donator
You're not wrong. If you grow up here it's just normal. I'd imagine it's not very different for NYC natives, they don't know anything other than what they grew up in. Somehow both find a way to build a life and prosper in spite of the taxes, inflation and ridiculous property values, that's why no one retires in either place. Sell what you've got and bail is so common that Uhaul will charge a premium for a truck or trailer leaving the state that's like 4X what the same route in reverse would cost. There are so many Uhaul trucks leaving that there is a cottage industry of almost homeless getting paid to drive the empty trucks back. I'll be one of those that leaves when my situation allows, I can have so much more for so much less elsewhere that when I'm on a fixed income it would be idiotic to stay.

THE FEZ MAN

You're not wrong. If you grow up here it's just normal. I'd imagine it's not very different for NYC natives, they don't know anything other than what they grew up in. Somehow both find a way to build a life and prosper in spite of the taxes, inflation and ridiculous property values, that's why no one retires in either place. Sell what you've got and bail is so common that Uhaul will charge a premium for a truck or trailer leaving the state that's like 4X what the same route in reverse would cost. There are so many Uhaul trucks leaving that there is a cottage industry of almost homeless getting paid to drive the empty trucks back. I'll be one of those that leaves when my situation allows, I can have so much more for so much less elsewhere that when I'm on a fixed income it would be idiotic to stay.
I have two friends that actually moved there, the one guy pulled a “cumia” and moved to San Diego so he could be as physically far away from his dad as possible, he hates the people but loves the weather because he is a motorcycle enthusiast, but, did just get in a bad accident, he wants to come home, another buddy moved to grass valley.... to grow weed, but because it’s now 100% legal it’s difficult to make money anymore, he’s home right now, and he might also stay if he can get a job hear as a legal Gardner

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Omnibus senate bill calls for strict Oregon gun control laws

The crowd at a Tuesday public hearing was large enough that two additional hearing rooms were opened, where activists watched a live stream of the hearing while waiting for a chance to testify.

Author: Michael Rollins

Published: 12:15 PM PDT April 2, 2019

Updated: 12:16 PM PDT April 2, 2019

SALEM, Ore. — Second Amendment supporters and gun control advocates came to an over flow public hearing Tuesday morning at capitol for Senate Bill 978, which calls for strict controls on storage of guns and untraceable weapons.

The crowd was large enough that two additional hearing rooms were opened, where activists watched a live stream of the hearing while waiting for a chance to testify.

On its face, the bill was introduced in early March as a request for the Oregon State Police to conduct a study on illegal gun sales.

Amendments introduced March 28 and up to Tuesday add many of the components dropped, for now, from other gun control bills brought forward by student activists and clergy groups.

Gone in Senate Bill 978 are outright bans on assault-style rifles, limits on the sizes of magazines in rifles and the amount of ammunition a person can buy per month.

What remains though, is a tough crackdown on firearms storage and owner accountability.

Here are highlights from the amended version.

Gun dealers may choose what age between 18 and 21 to sell a gun to a buyer. When not carrying or using a gun, it must have a trigger or cable and be kept in a secure container or kept in a secure gun room.Leaving firearms where a reasonable person would know that a minor can access those weapons is a crime.If a person uses a gun owned by another person and causes injury to people or damage to property, the owner of the gun is also liable for the injury.The owner of a stolen firearm must report the loss to authorities within 72 hours. If the weapon is used to injure a person or damage property the owner is liable.A person who furnishes a firearm to a minor must directly supervise the minor. If the minor cause injury to people or damage too property, the owner is liable.Gun dealers must prominently post signs in their stores that unsafe storage of weapons, or storage that allows access to minors, is against the law.The definition of a firearm includes components, specifically the unfinishe frame or receiver, that make up a firearm.Creating, owning, importing or selling a less or undetectable firearm is a crime.Creating, owning, importing or selling downloadable, untraceable firearms is a crime.Owning a gun with an unfinished frame or receiver that has no authorized serial number is a crime.There are exceptions to the proposed firearms laws for a federally licensed gun dealer. Also, these rules may exempt antique weapons. Acts of self-defense may also be considered an exception.Two convictions of unsafe storage of a firearm constitutes unlawful possession of a firearm.Someone violating the frame or receiver laws forfeits the right to possess firearms.Hospitals must submit information to the Oregon Health Authority about patients treated for gunshot wounds. It will be held in confidence but will be collated to assist analysis of gunfire incidents.Local governments, Portland International Airport, colleges and schools may adopt rules amending concealed weapons permits.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/lo...laws/283-74afc61c-7b16-4c19-9dda-e128124b23f2

KRSOne

Colorado democrats want to take guns without due process.

Colorado House gives final approval to ‘red flag’ gun bill, sends it to Gov. Jared Polis’ desk

https://kdvr.com/2019/04/01/colorad...ag-gun-bill-sends-it-to-gov-jared-polis-desk/

On Monday, Weld County Sheriff Steve Reams went on CNN to discuss his opposition.

“It’s unlike any other red flag bill that has been introduced anywhere in the United States,” Reams said.

“The issue is the person who is having their guns taken away isn’t aware of this hearing taking place. They find out about the hearing after the fact,” Reams said.

Republicans defeated similar legislation in 2018 before they lost control of the Senate in November elections.

The legislation would allow family or law enforcement to seek a court order to have guns seized if they believe the owner is a threat.

At least I'm in one of the countries that opposes it.

There's 2 kinds of people in this world
Those with loaded guns
And those that dig
You dig - Clint Eastwood

KRSOne

When Clint Eastwood left home at the age of 16 he told his dad now you are the man of the house.