In Defense of the Second Amendment

I saw one news report that was specifically showing Springfield XDs and thought they had determined he was using that gun but i can not find any mention of that anywhere else. I don't believe anyone makes anything other than standard capacity for those but the ANTIs would say "extended" if it is any larger than 10 rounds (thank you Bill Ruger) even if the gun originally came with a 12 or 13 round mag.
"Extended" mag...more weasel words. If it was a drum or something respectable it would be a "high capacity" mag. (or clip cuz dummies).

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
"Extended" mag...more weasel words. If it was a drum or something respectable it would be a "high capacity" mag. (or clip cuz dummies).
Exactly one of those 30rd or 50 round 9mm Glock mags, I’m thinking it was probably just a double stack .45 in a full frame pistol hence “extended magazine”

ysr50

Donator
Unless this guy was a great marksman or was shooting at very close range killing 12 people with a handgun would require reloading. My 1911 only holds 7 rounds of .45 ACP with standard mags. If he was using a 1911 chambered in 9mm then maybe it would hold 10-12?

THE FEZ MAN

Unless this guy was a great marksman or was shooting at very close range killing 12 people with a handgun would require reloading. My 1911 only holds 7 rounds of .45 ACP with standard mags. If he was using a 1911 chambered in 9mm then maybe it would hold 10-12?
They said he was reloading, and was in a “lengthy gun battle” with the police after they cornered him. I have at least 6 1911 mags and probably as many Glock mags.
Not to play Devi’s advocate but, if I were planning on going on a suicide by cop spree I would make damn sure I had plenty of ammo and mags maybe even a few bags of loose stuff if I planned on an extended siege

My 10mm delta holds 10rd of 10 so 12 in a 9mm is probably close

ysr50

Donator
They said he was reloading, and was in a “lengthy gun battle” with the police after they cornered him. I have at least 6 1911 mags and probably as many Glock mags.
Not to play Devi’s advocate but, if I were planning on going on a suicide by cop spree I would make damn sure I had plenty of ammo and mags maybe even a few bags of loose stuff if I planned on an extended siege

My 10mm delta holds 10rd of 10 so 12 in a 9mm is probably close
I saw something on the news earlier say he was a "disgruntled" employee that was in good standing with his employer and had put in two weeks notice, I wonder what this guy was so pissed off about.

THE FEZ MAN

I saw something on the news earlier say he was a "disgruntled" employee that was in good standing with his employer and had put in two weeks notice, I wonder what this guy was so pissed off about.
If it was a white guy that shot 9 black people it would have been racism

Go sue Jim Beam for causing so many drunk driving accidents... idiots...

Judge Dismisses Lawsuit Blaming Gunmaker Remington For Sandy Hook Massacre

A Connecticut judge has thrown out a closely watched lawsuit against Remington Outdoor over the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre, saying the plaintiffs failed to maneuver around a federal law prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers over crimes committed with their products.

In a 54-page ruling, Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis ticked through the various ways plaintiff lawyers tried to make a case against Remington, which made the Bushmaster rifle Adam Lanza used to kill 26 children and teachers on Dec. 14, 2012. All failed to fit the exceptions Congress wrote into the law, including one for "negligent entrustment," or knowingly transferring a weapon to someone who will use it to commit a crime.

Plaintiff lawyers representing the families of Sandy Hook victims argued this was a “top-down” case where the “entrustment” was to the public at large, and the public was incapable of handling the military-style weapon Adam Lanza used. They also sued the distributor that bought the gun at wholesale from Remington and the retailer who sold the gun to Lanza's mother Nancy, a licensed gun owner whom Lanza killed before moving on to a nearby elementary school.

“To extend the theory of negligent entrustment to the class of nonmilitary, nonpolice citizens – the general public – would imply that the general public lacks the ordinary prudence necessary to handle an object that Congress regards as appropriate for sale to the general public,” Bellis wrote. “This the court is unwilling to do.”

Attorney Joshua Koskoff of Koskoff & Bieder vowed to appeal the dismissal.

"While the families are obviously disappointed with the judge’s decision, this is not the end of the fight," he said in a prepared statement. "We will appeal this decision immediately and continue our work to help prevent the next Sandy Hook from happening.”

The judge did agree with the plaintiffs, over Remington’s objections, that the manufacturer qualified as a “seller” under the PLCAA subject to the negligent entrustment exception. But the judge rejected the plaintiffs' argument that Remington could be said to have entrusted the weapon to someone who used it in a criminal manner.

Examining legislative history, the judge found that dissenting members of Congress tried to broaden the definition of negligent entrustment to include a series of transactions that place a gun in a criminal's hands, but failed. Cognizant of massacres like Columbine, she wrote, Congress limited negligent entrustment to the direct transfer of a weapon to a shooter.

“Based on the clear intent of Congress to narrowly define the `negligent entrustment’ exception, Adam Lanza’s use of the firearm is the only actionable use,” she wrote. Therefore none of the people the defendants actually entrusted the gun to “used” it to commit a crime.

The judge also rejected the plaintiffs’ attempt to slip their claims in under Connecticut’s consumer protection law, saying that law is limited to lawsuits where the plaintiff had some business relationship with the defendant.

And she rejected their product-liability claims, because the gun most definitely worked as intended.

The dismissal puts an end to an innovative attempt to get around the PLCAA, which Congress passed to thwart lawsuits against gun manufacturers over the crimes committed with their products. Judge Bellis allowed the case to proceed longer than might have been expected, given the clear conflict with the PLCAA, and even mused that there might be a comparison to cigarette litigation at a June hearing on Remington's motion to dismiss.

Remington is owned by Freedom Group, a unit of Cerberus Capital.
Link

Why not sue the mother and father after all together they made that monster...

KRSOne

Don't answer the question just keep saying buzz words like comprehensive, common sense, weapons of war, fear, gun lobby, enough is enough...

Go fuck yourself...

Parkland survivor, gun control advocate speaks with Maine legislators, students

David Hogg, co-founder of nationwide student activist movement March For Our Lives, is in Maine to discuss ways to pass gun reform and 'Red Flag' laws.

PORTLAND, Maine — Perhaps one of the most recognizable faces from one the United States' most tragic events, David Hogg, a student who survived the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Shooting in Parkland, Florida, will be in Augusta and Portland Tuesday speaking with Maine legislators and students.

Hogg is scheduled to be at the Maine State House in the afternoon meeting with legislators about gun reform and LD 1312, Maine's proposed "Red flag" bill.

NEWS CENTER Maine reached out to the Sportsmen’s Alliance of Maine on Hogg's appearance. The group advocates for hunters, anglers, trappers, and gun owners, and conservation of wildlife resources, throughout the state, according to its website.

"We are compassionate for the survivors but disagree with their solutions," said executive director David Trahan.

Trahan says they are more focused, right now, on a separate piece of legislation, LD 1811, they think it can help and people could come together in a bipartisan effort.

"An Act To Enhance Personal and Public Safety by Requiring Evaluations of and Judicial Hearings for Persons in Protective Custody Regarding Risk of Harm and Restricting Access to Dangerous Weapons" is expected to be discussed during a Public Hearing for the Committee on Judiciary, Wednesday, June 5, at 1:00 p.m., in Room 438 at the Maine State House.

Students from Maine chapters of March For Our Lives are expected to join Hogg during his visit, before continuing his nine-stop high school tour across the country, which will stop at Casco Bay High School in Portland at 4 p.m. Tuesday.

The town hall-style gathering is designed to empower students and voice community changes.

Since last spring, March For Our Lives’ organizers say they have been to hundreds of communities to call for an end to gun violence.
Link

KRSOne

Colorado has red flag laws and universal background checks, didn't stop the leftist tranny.

Floyd1977

Good job CT. Wonder who will make up for the lost revenue

Stag Arms to Move Out of New Britain

Published Jun 7, 2019 at 3:48 PM | Updated at 4:20 PM EDT on Jun 7, 2019
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)]

NBC Connecticut
[/COLOR]
Rifle manufacturer Stag Arms has decided to leave New Britain.
In a Facebook post Friday, the company announced plans to relocate from the New Britain facility on John Downey Drive. The decision on a new location has not been finalized.
“The location of Stag’s new headquarters has not been finalized but the Board has narrowed down the options to a short list of vibrant communities where there is significant support for the firearms industry,” the company wrote in a press release.
New Britain Mayor Erin Stewart said the news was not a surprise.
“We have known for many years that Stag has been courted by other states following the passage of more stringent gun laws here in Connecticut. Quite frankly, I’m surprised it took this long. While we are never happy to lose a business, the industrial park where it is located is 90 percent full and I am hopeful that it will be filled with another tenant within six months,” she told NBC Connecticut.

THE FEZ MAN

Good job CT. Wonder who will make up for the lost revenue

Stag Arms to Move Out of New Britain

Published Jun 7, 2019 at 3:48 PM | Updated at 4:20 PM EDT on Jun 7, 2019
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)]

NBC Connecticut
[/COLOR]
Rifle manufacturer Stag Arms has decided to leave New Britain.
In a Facebook post Friday, the company announced plans to relocate from the New Britain facility on John Downey Drive. The decision on a new location has not been finalized.
“The location of Stag’s new headquarters has not been finalized but the Board has narrowed down the options to a short list of vibrant communities where there is significant support for the firearms industry,” the company wrote in a press release.
New Britain Mayor Erin Stewart said the news was not a surprise.
“We have known for many years that Stag has been courted by other states following the passage of more stringent gun laws here in Connecticut. Quite frankly, I’m surprised it took this long. While we are never happy to lose a business, the industrial park where it is located is 90 percent full and I am hopeful that it will be filled with another tenant within six months,” she told NBC Connecticut.
I’m kind of surprised that more haven’t moved to Pennsylvania, it’s “close” to Connecticut (so Employees would be more likely to move) and NE PA has lots of empty factories and an airport

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
I’m kind of surprised that more haven’t moved to Pennsylvania, it’s “close” to Connecticut (so Employees would be more likely to move) and NE PA has lots of empty factories and an airport
PA is too blueish, they will probably go to somewhere like Texas or Utah maybe Kentucky or even Wyoming like Weatherby just did.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
PA is too blueish, they will probably go to somewhere like Texas or Utah maybe Kentucky or even Wyoming like Weatherby just did.
And loaded with FUDD's who only believe you need a deer gun. Not one of them bullet spraying death machines.

THE FEZ MAN

The only parts of PA that are “blue” are philly, Pittsburgh, and state college, the rest of PA is quite red and very gun friendly

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
The only parts of PA that are “blue” are philly, Pittsburgh, and state college, the rest of PA is quite red and very gun friendly
but unfortunately that is what will destroy your state, there are not enough "good" people such as yourself to out vote the libs in the big cities. Almost every state is like this now. Wilkow on XM Patriot said it best, "we need the electoral college at the state level"