In Defense of the Second Amendment

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Read the article, that’s the 15 years in Leavenworth question
What part of shall not be infringed do these dickheads have a problem with?

So a box of firearms parts isn't a real firearm until someone puts it together?

That is the million-dollar billing question.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
What part of shall not be infringed do these dickheads have a problem with?

So a box of firearms parts isn't a real firearm until someone puts it together?

That is the million-dollar billing question.
The complete irony of it is if you have the box of parts, it’s not a firearm, but if the ATF seized that box the first they they are going to do is assemble those parts and say you have a firearm, that’s what they do with suppressors, if you have a mag light, a “solvent trap” thread adapter and a box full of freeze plugs, you have a suppressor

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
The complete irony of it is if you have the box of parts, it’s not a firearm, but if the ATF seized that box the first they they are going to do is assemble those parts and say you have a firearm, that’s what they do with suppressors, if you have a mag light, a “solvent trap” thread adapter and a box full of freeze plugs, you have a suppressor
This is why they need to cease to exist as a law enforcement branch. They just all go away.

Repeal laws, not pass more of them.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
it looks like he was making 80% lowers and selling them which is perfectly legal. If he was completing them and selling them, he would be in prison. They say in the article he was making illegal 80% lowers. So he was making pieces of aluminum, if he was completing them, they would be firearms not 80% anymore.

The ATF had been watching Roh for years and mounted a sting operation against him in 2014. They sent undercover agents into his south LA machine shop where he was holding what were basically “build parties” where customers finished lowers and assembled completed rifles.
which were perfectly legal at the time. They then changed the law to not allow someone to borrow a milling machine to finish the lowers which led to people "selling" their Million $$ machine to each person at the party for $1 until they finished their lower, then buying it back.

it looks like he was making 80% lowers and selling them which is perfectly legal. If he was completing them and selling them, he would be in prison. They say in the article he was making illegal 80% lowers. So he was making pieces of aluminum, if he was completing them, they would be firearms not 80% anymore.

which were perfectly legal at the time. They then changed the law to not allow someone to borrow a milling machine to finish the lowers which led to people "selling" their Million $$ machine to each person at the party for $1 until they finished their lower, then buying it back.
The lawyers challenged this definition

Under the US Code of Federal Regulations, a firearm frame or receiver is defined as: “That part of a firearm which provides housing for the hammer, bolt or breechblock, and firing mechanism, and which is usually threaded at its forward portion to receive the barrel.”

With an AR lower it does not contain the hammer, bolt or breechblock and doesn't receive a barrel

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
The lawyers challenged this definition

Under the US Code of Federal Regulations, a firearm frame or receiver is defined as: “That part of a firearm which provides housing for the hammer, bolt or breechblock, and firing mechanism, and which is usually threaded at its forward portion to receive the barrel.”

With an AR lower it does not contain the hammer, bolt or breechblock and doesn't receive a barrel
An AR lower DOES contain the trigger and the hammer

THE FEZ MAN

An AR lower DOES contain the trigger and the hammer
That’s the loop hole, the law clearly states it needs to contain all of that stuff.
What’s going to happen is they are going to change the law so that you can’t just sell a stripped lower.
Actually the law is quite ambiguous because I don’t know any modular firearms that contain all of those items in one place, most pistols are two distinctly separate pieces

Aren't there "80%" handgun lowers that are the stripped frame minus the internal workings that you can assemble at home? This is supposed to be equitable to a 100% AR lower?

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
Aren't there "80%" handgun lowers that are the stripped frame minus the internal workings that you can assemble at home? This is supposed to be equitable to a 100% AR lower?
That’s the question I have
80% means 80% of the machining is done, until then it is just a hunk of aluminum. The serial number is on the lower, that is what you're registering. Any other parts don't mean crap, they only care about the lower itself. Same with a pistol, the number is on the frame except for the new Sig P320 it is on the trigger housing and not on the frame so you can just order a frame online and they ship it to you. Here is a video showing what is needed to do to build an 80. If the guy in the article had a milling machine, he wouldn't need to buy 80% lowers because he could just get the CAD file for a lower and buy bulk aluminum and machine the entire thing which it sounds like he was doing. Selling 80% lowers isn't illegal but making them complete and selling them is.

THE FEZ MAN

80% means 80% of the machining is done, until then it is just a hunk of aluminum. The serial number is on the lower, that is what you're registering. Any other parts don't mean crap, they only care about the lower itself. Same with a pistol, the number is on the frame except for the new Sig P320 it is on the trigger housing and not on the frame so you can just order a frame online and they ship it to you. Here is a video showing what is needed to do to build an 80. If the guy in the article had a milling machine, he wouldn't need to buy 80% lowers because he could just get the CAD file for a lower and buy bulk aluminum and machine the entire thing which it sounds like he was doing. Selling 80% lowers isn't illegal but making them complete and selling them is.

I have a few 80% lowers and the jigs and drills mills to do it, I just haven’t bothered.

My question is if the ATF definition of “receiver” doesn’t match what a lower assembly is, how is it a receiver?
It’s not, that’s what the problem is, the BATF needs to change that definition

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
I have a few 80% lowers and the jigs and drills mills to do it, I just haven’t bothered.

My question is if the ATF definition of “receiver” doesn’t match what a lower assembly is, how is it a receiver?
It’s not, that’s what the problem is, the BATF needs to change that definition
to cease to exist.

Shit can the Fibbies, too. Hell, make them the gun gurus with no law enforcement power.

I know there's no rule for serializing firearms, but most manufacturers have a system that basically allows you to track it's date and location of manufacture. If I built a firearm I could literally give it any number I want. But is there any regulation as to where the serial number needs to go? I think this would tie into the question of what constitutes a firearm as well.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
I know there's no rule for serializing firearms, but most manufacturers have a system that basically allows you to track it's date and location of manufacture. If I built a firearm I could literally give it any number I want. But is there any regulation as to where the serial number needs to go? I think this would tie into the question of what constitutes a firearm as well.

On the inside rim of a BATFE agents asshole. To a depth not less than .003" and in a print size no smaller than 1/16".

They can carry that info in their asses for the rest of their lives.