Independence Day Sequel?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2012/09/independence-day-sequel-titles-welcomed.php

'Independence Day' Sequel Titles Welcomed to Earth

September 12, 2012 / independence day, movie, news, rolan emmerich

Though Roland Emmerich has been keeping himself busy fucking up the White House with Channing Tatum, the director hasn't forgotten his promise to let aliens once again fuck it up too.

Speaking to FilmStarts (via), Emmerich still sounded uncertain if his long-promised sequel(s) to Independence Day would not go quietly into the night, but he did offer some clues as to what the future holds if negotiations between 20th Century Fox and a reluctant Judd Hirsch ever do work out.

Firstly, there would be a pair of sequels, with the studio packaging them together in a deal that's proving "a tough battle between the studio and the actors." Second, while the director calls himself a "3D skeptic"--rather surprising, for a guy whose reputation is built upon CGI rubble--a plan is already in place to convert the films to 3D, allowing Will Smith's welcome-to-Earth punches to truly permeate the audience. And finally, Emmerich offered up some titles to these would-be sequels: ID Forever, Parts 1 and 2! It's unclear if perhaps a punny "ID4-Ever" may be the true intention, merely lost in translation, but either way: TODAY WE CELEBRATE OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY SEQUEL TITLES FOREVER.
You wouldn't have a sequel if it wasn't for my David.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
I liked the idea of a sequel, but not that of rehashing the old characters.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Why do I think the lil black kid and the president's daughter the other kids will figure prominently as main characters?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Why do I think the lil black kid and the president's daughter the other kids will figure prominently as main characters?
Makes sense. With the Fresh Prince as a general or something. Head of space attack squadron 5, or some shit.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Aug 25, 2002
NYC
He also said he'd like to go back and do Stargate II as if the series never happened. Good luck to him.

Sunsetspawn

Dec 5, 2005
He also said he'd like to go back and do Stargate II as if the series never happened. Good luck to him.
Now that's not a bad idea. Stargate was stolen from him by MGM and they changed a lot of canon within the first few episodes. You could even argue that the show and the movie had nothing to do with one another. I did like the show, but it was campy background-television and didn't have any sense of the fantastic until the Ori were introduced.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Makes sense. With the Fresh Prince as a general or something. Head of space attack squadron 5, or some shit.
Ok fleshing this thought out..please don't shit on me.
President's daughter: In and out of mental hospitals, she's psychically linked to the aliens who she sees coming back in nightmares that get more frequent
Lil Black kid: Fighter Pilot with an attitude and issues with his General Stepdad (Will Smith) (played pukeably by Jaeden) Ends up piloting the new hybrid Jet fighter/space fighter that Quaid's Daughter helped design.
Randy Quaid's Oldest: Lil Black kids commander that butts heads with him
Randy Quaid's Youngest: Junior Scientist studying aliens and technology with the gov't at area 52 or some place, rediculous unexplainable clearance.
Randy Quaid's Middle: Computer geek/World renowned and wanted hacker that's on the run.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
its just the the three or four that has a hardon for me and then you get the tag alongs that want to act like they're tough
In all fairness sweety I'm not on here that much so I don't give a shit. Do whatever makes you happy. Just don't try to make everything about yourself, cuz that's annoying.

Independence Day 2 could be alright though. But I say don't use any of the old characters, use completely different characters who were effected in a completely different part of the country, with flashbacks to the original attack or something? Could be cool that way.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Aug 25, 2002
NYC
Now that's not a bad idea. Stargate was stolen from him by MGM and they changed a lot of canon within the first few episodes. You could even argue that the show and the movie had nothing to do with one another. I did like the show, but it was campy background-television and didn't have any sense of the fantastic until the Ori were introduced.
Ori:

Continuum brought it all back to end on a high note.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Three threads for this. This one was first. You win the Internetz, @BIV