Infamous 'World's Worst Portrait Tattoo' Fixed For Free

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Caution, you hate this site.

Infamous 'World's Worst Portrait Tattoo' Fixed For Free

February 22, 2013 / bad, faces, finality, good people, happy ending, ink, not everybody's an artist you know, now about all these other ones i see when i google 'terrible portrait tattoos', oh hello there weekend i was almost starting to believe you were just a mirage, permanent, tattoos, world's, yay

In heartwarming news, the infamous 'world's worst portrait tattoo' has been fixed free of charge by tattoo artist Scott Versago of Empire Ink in Akron, Ohio. Unfortunately, like most things you laugh at on the internet, there was some real sadness behind the story.
I got to tackle the official "#1 worst portrait tattoo in the world" today. I'm sure you've all seen it a million times online, as had I. I couldn't believe my eyes when this guy walked in and showed me this project. I think my jaw literally hit the floor. He went on to tell me the story behind the portrait; He had just married his beautiful wife and not even three months afterwards she was killed in a horrible house fire accident leaving him to raise their three children alone. Shortly after he went to a local tattoo studio to memorialize his wife and was left with this abomination. He later returned to that studio for one more session, thinking that perhaps "he had done something wrong in the healing of the tattoo" and they butchered it even more the second time. Finally, he drove all the way to my studio, Empire Ink, just to meet me and to see what his options were. Touched by his story, I gifted the entire project to him for free. Now he has closure and I have an amazing story to add to my portfolio!​
Good lookin', Scott. I can't believe that guy walked around with that thing the way it was for so long. Hell, if I'd known the back story I would have organized some sort of "fix the tattoo and sue the artist" fund myself. I'm just happy it's over. Now let's all take a moment to be thankful that when we all got black-out drunk and went to the tattoo parlor, we didn't get anybody's face.
Thanks to Groman, who told me he got a tattoo he regrets but wouldn't say what or where. Okay now I have to know.
http://www.geekologie.com/2013/02/infamous-worlds-worst-portrait-tattoo-fi.php

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
He had just married his beautiful wife and not even three months afterwards she was killed in a horrible house fire accident leaving him to raise their three children alone.
They breed like rabbits.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
The artist that was able to fix the teeth is a fucking wizard.

VicVinegar

Oct 5, 2012
The original was just trying to capture her as a zombie.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
it a shame its just going to be a big black blob in a few years, he should have just had it zapped off.

Dikbag

Dec 11, 2004
NW Ohio
The original was done by "On the Edge Tattoo" in Bowling Green Ohio. by "artist" Dennis Foust.

I think they might be out of business now. I kinda knew the owner. His name is Toby. He also had a car audio business called "furious concepts". I worked for another car audio shop in the area and he would bring some cars to our dbDrag comps. Nice enough guy but kinda a full of himself douche. He had a kinda hot tatted up wife with a thong tattoo.

moviemogul

Aug 23, 2007
I learned one thing from watching Ink Master. Portraits are some of the hardest tats to do. Coverups are sometimes even harder. The finished product here is great.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Between my grandfather's childhood rorschach-like smears that his brother gave him, to my father's sole ink experience (got a full bicep tat and promptly got sunburned the same day), I never saw the need to get any of my own.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
[Ronnie B]It's kinda like dirt under your skin[/Ronnie B]