Insurgency

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
Welcome to 21st Century Warfare
Insurgency (INS) is a total conversion modification using Valve Software's Source Engine. Insurgency immerses you, as the player, into an intense and realistic online combat experience.

Set on the modern battlefields, Insurgency simulates modern infantry combat that doesn’t just encourage the use of teamwork and tactics, but makes it a requirement of survival. On the streets of Iraq it is not safe to be alone. Go head to head with guerrillas, insurgents and resistance fighters, simulating the extreme conditions faced on today's battlefields.

Engage in urban warfare where every window, doorway or road block is a potential ambush point and every object on the street needs to be watched with care. Fight against the occupation from behind windows and burned cars, with your finger on the trigger and an unsuspecting patrol down the street getting ever closer. Whatever you choose to do, Insurgency is sure to get your pulse racing and make your breathing feel heavy while you engage in such a unique and original combat experience.

Brief History...
In 2002, Andrew "Argyll" Spearin, the original founder and director of Insurgency, begun his basic training for the Canadian Army. Being an avid Gamer, Spearin was inspired to think about why first-person-shooter war games seemed to get things all wrong.

As a result, he seeked out to develop a multiplayer game that featured squad-based realism and a feeling of scale representing that of a real war environment. Unfortunately, some time into the mod's development, Spearin was not able to continue his position as leader due to time constraints. Before Andrew stepped down, he passed the torch over to Jeremy Blum, the original founder and director of Red Orchestra.

Despite Andrew not being around anymore, we've tried to shape the mod around his original vision. The mod has undergone a lot of change and downtime over it's development, but we've worked hard to mould Insurgency into what it has become today.

The pieces are finally coming together and we are all quite proud of our accomplishments. With a release just ahead of us, this is a key moment in the history of the mod, which we feel is just one of many to come in the near future...

The Concept...
Insurgency's primary concept is to create an immersive online combat experience for the player,with an emphasis on teamwork and realistic elements to create intense firefights in detailed urban environments. The first scenario is set during the present war in Iraq, after the fall of the government and the uprising insurgency that followed as a result.

Specially designed teams will help to make INS a fun and unique gaming experience to both tactical and casual gamers. If your play style is more geared towards using real tactics, teamwork, communication, and personal skill, then the Conventional teams will likely be your favorite. If you just want to get into the action and have some fun, grab your AK47 or RPG and let loose as a Guerrilla or Paramilitary fighter. INS aims to please both those tactical and casual fans and we believe it will be a great game for clans/squads/tactical units.

The Battlefield...
Insurgency will take you across the modern battlefield, engaging in intense firefights and battles as a member of either a highly organized and equipped conventional force (US Marines), or as an unconventional fighter that uses a combination of firepower and bravery to take on their sometimes overwhelming opponent (Insurgents).

Players will find themselves caught in explosive battles across Almaden, Baghdad, Haditha, Karkar and Ramadi, moving from the dusty, battered streets, to taking cover behind vehicles and inside store fronts. keep your eyes open for the enemy as you and your team seek out to accomplish the mission's objectives. Capturing ground wherever possible, pushing into the front lines and driving the enemy back.

With an urban battlefield, Strong tactics, teamwork, and leadership are essential for victory to be accomplished in the challenge of modern infantry combat.

download client here

PEST SERVERS:

(PASS:meow)

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Heh, how convenient. I just got done downloading it.

Edit: Hrm, I didn't have the SDK downloaded so when I went in everything was purple and black checkered. Neat looking but completely unplayable. Guess I gotta wait another 20 minutes for this download to finish :(

[OnA]UncleMo

Jun 27, 2007
Parker CO
It's a good game, but it's got a steep learning curve. Not having crosshairs, a minimap is tough.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Ugh, this fucking bullshit. It's not the SDK at all. The mod just isn't finding the fucking textures. Gonna redownload off a torrent and try again.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
This is the new CS IMO. Great team play, great graphics, and bad ass weapons.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Fuck, I had the server instead of the client. Just now realized after looking at the zip. Either fileplanet fucked up yet again or a link I followed was bad. Ah well, 75% through the real file now.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
After playing this game for a day it's easily the best HL2 mod to date. It reminds me so much of Red Orchestra and I absolutely loved that game. It's got its problems (tkers being the number 1 problem) but if you can find a good server it really is a blast.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
a lot of server issues that need ironed out. it crashes....a lot. should be a patch out this week.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
I've noticed some servers crash and others don't. No idea why but I've been playing on the suxorz servers and they seem as stable as it gets. They're also good at banning douche bags too. The patch should help a lot in that aspect too.

What's up with the pestgaming servers? I've can't find them on the browser and I can't connect to them directly. Are they still up?

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
It looks really good buck I suck ass. I can't wait to figure out wtf I am doing.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
I've noticed some servers crash and others don't. No idea why but I've been playing on the suxorz servers and they seem as stable as it gets. They're also good at banning douche bags too. The patch should help a lot in that aspect too.

What's up with the pestgaming servers? I've can't find them on the browser and I can't connect to them directly. Are they still up?
Our servers are up and running and we made the third public. They might be full when you are trying to join.

The crashing is happening on all servers. Sometimes they are hours apart and sometimes within 20 minutes. The patch should fix most of them. I hear its coming soon...

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Our servers are up and running and we made the third public. They might be full when you are trying to join.

The crashing is happening on all servers. Sometimes they are hours apart and sometimes within 20 minutes. The patch should fix most of them. I hear its coming soon...
No I mean I can't connect to them at all. It times out when I try to connect directly.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
that is strange...I haven't got that complaint from anyone else that has tried to join.
Well that sucks. I used to be able to connect to the counterstrike ones without a problem.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
Well that sucks. I used to be able to connect to the counterstrike ones without a problem.
are you behind any firewalls? maybe a port that needs to be opened isn't. Our servers are getting plenty of traffic so I am thinking its something on your end.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
are you behind any firewalls? maybe a port that needs to be opened isn't. Our servers are getting plenty of traffic so I am thinking its something on your end.
It was.

Fun fact: Your server is blocked by peerguardian. I can get in fine now.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Looking forward to trying this out soon. Seems a little wonky right now, but maybe itll be more gooder on PG servers.

WaddleDoodle

Creepy? We're the CIA. It's what we do.
Mar 15, 2005
Arlington, VA
Hopefully I'll get in a couple hours tonight. Time for some actual TEAM- based combat, instead of our usual " Hey Boner, I'm going to go over here and get myself killed trying for a completly different objective than the one everyone else is going for" that has been kinda prevalent the last couple weeks.

DoughBoy

Woogally Cute
Wackbag Staff
Jul 28, 2003
Jersey Shore
Someone tell me what this is? What is it based on? Do I need something else to install it?

Should I just stick with BF2142?

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Hmmmm....I'm gonna have to check this out.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Someone tell me what this is? What is it based on? Do I need something else to install it?

It's a free HL2 mod based on iraq, marines vs insurgents. It's big on teamwork and realism. Gameplay is very similar to Red Orchestra if you've ever played it. All you need to install it is Source SDK, which you can download if you have Steam and some other HL2 based game.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA

All you need is HL2. You need to install the "Source SDK Base"(which you install through steam) and the mod. It's really easy.