Interested in purcashing a full-size Johnny 5?

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
The opening bid is $100K, so whip out those credit cards!!!

Original full-size "Johnny Five" hero robot and control apparatus from Short Circuit and Short Circuit 2. (TriStar 1986 & 1988) From the delightful family comedy of the mid-1980s, this is the original hero Johnny Five robot who, in the film, is electrocuted and suddenly becomes self-aware and intelligent, then escapes into the world outside of the research lab – the only home he's ever known. This hero robot is the film's main character, and cost over $175,000.00 to construct in 1983. Standing fully 5 ft. tall, the robot is constructed of machined aluminum and steel, with vaccu-formed styrene panels which conceal the intricate gearing that brought the robot to life. The eyes and eyelids are activated with servo-controlled electric motors. To animate the robot, a specially designed exo-skeleton apparatus was made to control all of the mechanical features of the robot during filming, which is also included.

This Johnny Five was used in both Short Circuit and the sequel, Short Circuit 2. Although fifteen such robots were made for the films, most of these were mock-ups, half-robots and other non-animatronic pieces. This is the only complete Johnny Five that survived, and is the only one known to exist. It is accompanied with a letter of authenticity from Eric Allard, the robotic special effects supervisor who made this robot for the film.

Truly an amazing piece of special effects ingenuity, this hero Johnny Five robot pushed the boundaries of animatronics technology in its day, proving that such a robot could not only become the "starring character" of a film, but also take on many of the human qualities that make the movies such an emotionally appealing art form. $100,000 - $150,000
http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws...ory=52933&item=230155438774\#ebayphotohosting

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Johnny Five Alive!!!

It better he the silver version. It always bugged in the second one when he became Gold.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
For that much, the fucking laserdeathblaster had better fucking work. None of that "I have a Nike swoosh on my foot-tread, because I'm a pussy pacifist robot now" bullshit. I want to be able to take out some tanks with it.

First mission, send it after GW Bailey....payback time, Skroeder.

edit: on a side note...did anyone ever release duplicates of the mini number 5's from the second movie? You'd think SOMEONE would've tried to make money on that. I'd have bought one. Hell, I'd still buy one.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
If I pay 100k for that piece of crap that better include the right to spit in the face of the guy who decided that Short Circuit 2 was a good idea.

Bunny™

The mod who didn't
Staff member
Jun 12, 2005
Li'l Rhody
I'd give $50,000 to that fatso Ally Sheedy if she let me stick my finger down her throat during her weekly meal.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
If I pay 100k for that piece of crap that better include the right to spit in the face of the guy who decided that Short Circuit 2 was a good idea.
Dude, I happen to like chase scenes on piers with Bonnie Tyler's "I Need a Hero" playing in the background...... :p

No homo