Interesting Quotes

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
"To tax is to prohibit; the higher the tax, the more prohibitive it is..."

– Benjamin Tucker, Liberty (July 1895)

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Hermann Göring: Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship.

Gustave Gilbert: There is one difference. In a democracy the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars.

Hermann Göring: Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

— Exchange between American psychologist Gustave Gilbert and Nazi leader Hermann Göring; recounted in Gilbert's Nuremberg Diary (1947)

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
"Last time I looked, there were about 6.9 billion people on this rock. I’d be surprised if as many as 100,000 of them are anarchist activists, if as many as 100 million of them are consciously ideological anarchists of any variety, or if as many as another 800 million have ever been confronted with and consciously considered the anarchist idea (THE anarchist idea: Perish the state).

But even if those — to my mind inflated — numbers proved out, that would leave six billion people to reach.

We — me, you, everyone reading this piece — are a thin black line standing between those six billion people and 'a boot stamping on a human face — forever.'"

— Thomas L. Knapp, "The Thin Black Line" (December 8th, 2010)

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
"Blue uniforms are real; cops are a social fiction."

— Robert Anton Wilson

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
"Eat too much sour kraut and your ass is going to explode boy"

My old man, four hours before my ass exploded

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
“To a large degree it has been and remains big businessmen who are the fountainheads of American statism.”

— Roy A. Childs Jr., “Big Business and the Rise of American Statism” (1971)

Medicine Man

Yacht Rockin' with the SS Waffen
Donator
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

Bruce Lee

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Lucy Van Pelt: I know how you feel about all this Christmas business, getting depressed and all that. It happens to me every year. I never get what I really want. I always get a lot of stupid toys or a bicycle or clothes or something like that.

Charlie Brown: What is it you want?

Lucy Van Pelt: Real estate.

THE FEZ MAN

"When I can taste your farts, I have no interest in having sex with you."

Ms. Fezman

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
"Trade is the source of finance and finance is the vital nerve of war."

— Jean-Baptiste Colbert on mercantilism

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.

- Aristotle

THE FEZ MAN

Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.

- Aristotle
I always wonder about the question of " would you rather live in the asention of a society or the decline" I really think we are living in the decline of one of the greatest empires in modern history. And I don't like it, only because I won't live to light the funeral piers of the dead

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
I always wonder about the question of " would you rather live in the asention of a society or the decline" I really think we are living in the decline of one of the greatest empires in modern history. And I don't like it, only because I won't live to light the funeral piers of the dead
Well we all know what the next world power will be... yes, Poland.

Medicine Man

Yacht Rockin' with the SS Waffen
Donator
"There are people in every time and every land who want to stop history in its tracks. They fear the future, mistrust the present, and invoke the security of a comfortable past, which in fact never existed."

RFK