Interesting Quotes

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
"In practical terms, when one acquires a copyright or a patent, what one really acquires is the power to ask the government stop other people from doing harmless things with their own property. IP is thus inconsistent with the right to property."

"Property rights arose to grapple with natural scarcity; 'intellectual property' rights were invented to create scarcity where it does not naturally exist."

"The powers that be won’t give up without a fight, which is why imposition of a strict IP regime is the centerpiece of every bilateral and multilateral 'free trade' agreement with the developing world. Yet despite their best efforts, cheaper technology and the increasing unenforceability of IP may be ushering in a full-fledged economic revolution marked by smaller, flatter, even nonhierarchical worker-owned firms in a newly decentralized competitive marketplace. In other words, the postcapitalist world could look like a genuinely free market."

– Sheldon Richman, "Patent Nonsense" (January 18, 2012)

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
"In practical terms, when one acquires a copyright or a patent, what one really acquires is the power to ask the government stop other people from doing harmless things with their own property. IP is thus inconsistent with the right to property."

"Property rights arose to grapple with natural scarcity; 'intellectual property' rights were invented to create scarcity where it does not naturally exist."

"The powers that be won’t give up without a fight, which is why imposition of a strict IP regime is the centerpiece of every bilateral and multilateral 'free trade' agreement with the developing world. Yet despite their best efforts, cheaper technology and the increasing unenforceability of IP may be ushering in a full-fledged economic revolution marked by smaller, flatter, even nonhierarchical worker-owned firms in a newly decentralized competitive marketplace. In other words, the postcapitalist world could look like a genuinely free market."

– Sheldon Richman, "Patent Nonsense" (January 18, 2012)

Written by a thief. Thank doG for IP attorneys

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
"To suppress competition is to suppress liberty itself; it is to begin the restoration of the old order from below, in replacing labor by the rule of favoritism and abuse, of which [1789] rid us."

– Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, General Idea of the Revolution in the Nineteenth Century (1851)

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
"Once, I remember, I ran across the case of a boy who had been sentenced to prison, a poor, scared little brat, who had intended something no worse than mischief, and it turned out to be a crime. The judge said he disliked to sentence the lad; it seemed the wrong thing to do; but the law left him no option. I was struck by this. The judge, then, was doing something as an official that he would not dream of doing as a man; and he could do it without any sense of responsibility, or discomfort, simply because he was acting as an official and not as a man. On this principle of action, it seemed to me that one could commit almost any kind of crime without getting into trouble with one's conscience.

Clearly, a great crime had been committed against this boy; yet nobody who had had a hand in it — the judge, the jury, the prosecutor, the complaining witness, the policemen and jailers — felt any responsibility about it, because they were not acting as men, but as officials. Clearly, too, the public did not regard them as criminals, but rather as upright and conscientious men.

The idea came to me then, vaguely but unmistakably, that if the primary intention of government was not to abolish crime but merely to monopolize crime, no better device could be found for doing it than the inculcation of precisely this frame of mind in the officials and in the public; for the effect of this was to exempt both from any allegiance to those sanctions of humanity or decency which anyone of either class, acting as an individual, would have felt himself bound to respect — nay, would have wished to respect."

– Albert Jay Nock, "Anarchist's Progress" - American Mercury (1927)

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
"It is also useful to bear in mind that the word ['capitalism'] was not initially embraced by free-market advocates; that was apparently a 20th-century phenomenon. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the word 'capitalist' came first and was used pejoratively in the late 18th century. Of course, Marx used it and related words as condemnation. But it was not only opponents of private property who used the words that way. Most notably, Thomas Hodgskin (1787–1868), a free-market liberal and Herbert Spencer’s mentor, preceded Marx in this usage. By 'capitalist' he meant one who controlled capital and exploited labor as a result of State privilege in violation of the free market."

– Sheldon Richman, "What Laissez Faire?" (2010)

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy
"It is also useful to bear in mind that the word ['capitalism'] was not initially embraced by free-market advocates; that was apparently a 20th-century phenomenon. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the word 'capitalist' came first and was used pejoratively in the late 18th century. Of course, Marx used it and related words as condemnation. But it was not only opponents of private property who used the words that way. Most notably, Thomas Hodgskin (1787–1868), a free-market liberal and Herbert Spencer’s mentor, preceded Marx in this usage. By 'capitalist' he meant one who controlled capital and exploited labor as a result of State privilege in violation of the free market."

– Sheldon Richman, "What Laissez Faire?" (2010)
You have an interesting definition of interesting.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."

– Voltaire

"... if God really existed, it would be necessary to abolish Him."

– Mikhail Bakunin, God and the State (1882)

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
"When we sink, we become a revolutionary proletariat, the subordinate officers of all revolutionary parties; and at the same time, when we rise, there rises also our terrible power of the purse."

"Realists are, as a rule, only men in the rut of routine who are incapable of transcending a narrow circle of antiquated notions."

- Theodor Herzl (1896)

"When we sink, we become a revolutionary proletariat, the subordinate officers of all revolutionary parties; and at the same time, when we rise, there rises also our terrible power of the purse."

"Realists are, as a rule, only men in the rut of routine who are incapable of transcending a narrow circle of antiquated notions."

- Theodor Herzl (1896)
Says Theodore minus an E.

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Says Theodore minus an E.
H was an intrsting Jw.

Wasn't he the dude who wanted to establish a Jewish state in Uganda? Fuck, that would have been hilarious to see today.
https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Zionism/Uganda.html

At the Sixth Zionist Congress at Basel on August 26, 1903, Herzl proposed the British Uganda Program as a temporary refuge for Jews in Russia in immediate danger.

While Herzl made it clear that this program would not affect the ultimate aim of Zionism, a Jewish entity in the Land of Israel, the proposal aroused a storm at the Congress and nearly led to a split in the Zionist movement.

The Uganda Program was finally rejected by the Zionist movement at the Seventh Zionist Congress in 1905, but Nahum Syrkin and Israel Zangwill called an alternative conference to continue the plan of the Uganda scheme.

The fortunes of the territorialist movement depended to no small degree on the seriousness of anti-Semitism on the one hand and the failure of the political dimension of Zionist activity on the other. So, for example, the movement's ranks swelled somewhat following the pogroms in 1905, but declined considerably after the securing of the Balfour Declaration.

I guess he too thought it could only be temporary at best.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
"They [the Marxists] maintain that only a dictatorship – their dictatorship, of course – can create the will of the people, while our answer to this is: No dictatorship can have any other aim but that of self-perpetuation, and it can beget only slavery in the people tolerating it; freedom can be created only by freedom, that is, by a universal rebellion on the part of the people and free organization of the toiling masses from the bottom up."

– Mikhail Bakunin, Statism and Anarchy (1873)

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
'YOU are not being artsy-farttastic in my god damn bedroom" Ms. Fezman Esq.

so, the bedroom is getting drywall

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Nothing matters but the weekend from a Tuesday point of view.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
“I can describe an axe entering a human skull in great explicit detail and no one will blink twice at it. I provide a similar description, just as detailed, of a penis entering a vagina, and I get letters about it and people swearing off. To my mind this is kind of frustrating, it’s madness. Ultimately, in the history of [the] world, penises entering vaginas have given a lot of people a lot of pleasure; axes entering skulls, well, not so much.”

― George R.R. Martin

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
"The moment we invade liberty to secure equality we enter upon a road which knows no stopping-place short of the annihilation of all that is best in the human race."

– Benjamin Tucker, Liberty (November 5, 1892)

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
“Police are bureaucrats with weapons.”

– David Graeber, The Utopia of Rules (2015)

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
“Rothbard is, like Marx and Pound, a brilliant closed mind: excellent for stimulation, but anybody who gets dragged into a Rothbardian dogmatic trance should take LSD and try looking at the world through another grid.”

– Robert Anton Wilson

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
"Authority is divorced from reality: It does not directly perceive the material impediments to translating its will into action, or receive accurate feedback about difficulties encountered in doing so. The reason for this is simple. As Robert Anton Wilson pointed out, subordinates don’t tell the truth to anyone with a gun — or anyone in a position to fire or punish them.

Power, by its very nature, distorts the upward flow of information. Or in the words of systems theorist Kenneth Boulding, 'the larger and more authoritarian the organization, the better the chance that its top decision-makers will be operating in purely imaginary worlds.' The dysfunctional information filtering mechanisms of a hierarchy simply screen out any information that doesn’t correspond to what those in authority want to hear.

So government and corporate officials make grandiose policies without anticipating possible impediments to carrying them out, because pointing out such possibilities to your boss is a great way to get labeled 'not a team player.' And that goes double for telling the boss how disastrous a policy was after the fact."

– Kevin A. Carson, "Magical Thinking and Authority" (March 23, 2014)