Interesting reporting there...

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?s=6701587

Detectives say they received an anonymous tip about possible illegal weapons inside a home on Windsor Street. "We found several weapons, approximately 55-60 weapons and we're unable to determine if any are illegal at this point," said Sgt. Robert Manuel.
...the best part...

All of the guns were tagged, inventoried and taken to the sheriff's office where investigators will run serial numbers on all the weapons. At this point, investigators say no one is under arrest or wanted in connection with a crime.
Anyone want to point out the various federal and constitutional violations that the reporter didn't report on there?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
wonderful

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Yea....keeping in mind Louisiana has no restrictions on gun ownership. That being all federally legal firearms are allowed as long as the owner is above the age of consent. there should be dick as far as local police involvement. Gun violations would be a federal crime and something the ATFE should have dealt with.

This from the same group of people who don't even want to even think about arresting illegal immigrants.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Well at least the cops in Louisiana abide by the Constitution and make sure they don't violate the little "illegal search and seizure" clause.

I'm glad to see they are STILL upholding the rights of citizens there, just like during Katrina.

I hope that motherfucker sues the cops.

That would be like someone saying they saw a guy in the neighborhood with a machine gun when he was walking outside to his car with his AR-15 and the cops seizing all of his property.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
just a question but what does someone need 55-60 guns(weapons) for?

i dont own any and i am not against them. just seems a bit much to me

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R

Who gives a fuck how many weapons he owns. Some people like to collect different things and that's that.

It's like saying you can only have two DVD's or CD's.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Keep in mind this reporter does not have the full story. It's not like the cops are going to run over and tell the reporter everything they know and why they confiscated the guns, especially since formal charges have not yet been filed. They are going to keep it ambiguous as possible until they find out what they need to.

Cops get hundreds of tips and most of those go nowhere so if they went to all the trouble of going in and confiscating these weapons they have a pretty good idea this guy was involved in whatever they think he was.

If nothing turns up, fine. As long as he legally owns them he gets them back. The end.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
We'll just confiscate those guns, and these civil rights too. After all, in the eyes of the current crop of statist politicians, you've got no legitimate reason to have them.

KingTheoden84

Jun 9, 2007
with answers like these its a wonder most people cant get anywhere
I'm just as confused as FEZ MAN. The answer you quoted is perfectly acceptable; people have the right to trade stuff (e.g. money) for other stuff (e.g. firearms). We are not even talking about so called 'illegal' guns in this case, just a large number.

A lot of people will accumulate many guns for investment purposes or a SHTF scenario in which an ant has to help out his grasshopper friends who did not prepare for security in a tough situation. Frankly, it makes no difference. Should the police be tasked with checking if people are hording other things like stereos, televisions, dildos? Unless someone has committed a crime, there is absolutely no reason to treat a property owner as such.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
yea, it is still legal in this country for some one to own as many legal firearms as they want, ive taken several as barters, its common, they are commodities, just like gems and gold. its a shame this story will disappear after its found to be all entirely legal. ass hole media

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas

Well you just end up collecting them over time. It's not like you trade off guns if you find a new one that you like. They aren't cell phones, they are all unique, handle differently, and have different applications.

I'm only 24 and I have about 25 guns of my own that I have just picked up over time. My first REAL gun was when I was about 12 when I got a semi-automatic Marlin .22LR and the collection began from there.

I had my first pistol (mint 1911 Colt .45ACP, 1918 government issue) at the age of 14 and I started buying assault rifles when I was 16 :p

There are never too many guns.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
Well you just end up collecting them over time. It's not like you trade off guns if you find a new one that you like. They aren't cell phones, they are all unique, handle differently, and have different applications.

I'm only 24 and I have about 25 guns of my own that I have just picked up over time. My first REAL gun was when I was about 12 when I got a semi-automatic Marlin .22LR and the collection began from there.

I had my first pistol (mint 1911 Colt .45ACP, 1918 government issue) at the age of 14 and I started buying assault rifles when I was 16 :p

There are never too many guns.

for those who responded take some notes, this is how you answer a question.:action-sm thanks sam for taking the time to answer my question

ern

Hiding behind my keyboard
Jan 25, 2006
Keep in mind this reporter does not have the full story. It's not like the cops are going to run over and tell the reporter everything they know and why they confiscated the guns, especially since formal charges have not yet been filed. They are going to keep it ambiguous as possible until they find out what they need to.

Cops get hundreds of tips and most of those go nowhere so if they went to all the trouble of going in and confiscating these weapons they have a pretty good idea this guy was involved in whatever they think he was.

If nothing turns up, fine. As long as he legally owns them he gets them back. The end.
Having lived in the U.S., and being around many police officers, I understand some of what you are saying. However, police officers are not robots, and make mistakes. If they illegally searched his residence, and seized his weapons, then they need to be held responsible for their actions.

I have searched several homes, have confiscated more than one firearm, trunkloads of ammunition, and always did it with a great deal of trepidation and angst. I cannot say that everyone I have worked with has used as much caution, or double checked their information, as much as I did. I am by no means perfect and people do make mistakes. And yes, I have had to return seized weapons too (although not to the person from which it was seized).

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
And yes, I have had to return seized weapons too (although not to the person from which it was seized).
Well then that proves you never worked in Philly. Cops get that gun....good luck getting it back.

To be fair, I haven't had to deal with them but there was a blogger a while back who lost his guns to Street's photo ops.

ern

Hiding behind my keyboard
Jan 25, 2006
Yes, it can be difficult in getting the weapon returned, and Philly is a unique entity within the state. Philly wants bans on guns, and makes it extremely difficult, but it can be done if you were legal. Hell, I know drug dealers who got their drug money returned to them. I can't think of anything harder to get back from a politician than money.