Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
America: Arab cock, lungs-deep.

Fuck yeah.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Highway taxes, yo. Higher mileage means less tax dollars for .gov to piss away.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
This has never been a secret
the politicians that claim they want to raise MPG on vehicles are the same politicians who always want more of your money

These fuckos will just raise the current taxes on fuel, increase registration fees - you'll have to pay $35 a month instead of $35 or so a year. increase drivers license fees, more toll roads, tax you on the number of miles you drive - when you do your annual registration (or monthly) you'll have to pay a tax based on the number of miles you drove, this will of course encourage odometer tampering so I wouldn't want to buy a used car which means you'll buy a new car which means you'll pay more sales tax

We never should have allowed them to tax lobor, investments, and fuel - its just pure stupidity on any level of economics

I'm all in favor of taxing consumption, but fuel should not be taxed at a higher level than anything else

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
May 9, 2007
In 100-200 years, there's not going to be alot of cars on the roads. Mostly trucks/commerical vehicals. The suburbs will have be so thoroughly developed and there will be so many sprawling 10 million people metroplexes due to population density, 'eco-friendly' trendy is going to be shit like this:

... constructed of carbon fiber and aluminum, it hides it's battery within a U-shaped frame. The electric motor is located in the front wheel hub and can propel the E-bike to a top speed of 15 mph

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
The reason why European cars have better mileage is because gas costs more there (due to much, much higher taxes on fuel).

And, since this fucker was there, he should know that the gas he put in his Passat cost him more than it would've cost him to run a less gas-efficient car in the US. Since he doesn't mention that little detail, he's either a bullshit artist or severely retarded.

Sunsetspawn

Dec 5, 2005
In 100-200 years, there's not going to be alot of cars on the roads. Mostly trucks/commerical vehicals. The suburbs will have be so thoroughly developed and there will be so many sprawling 10 million people metroplexes due to population density, 'eco-friendly' trendy is going to be shit like this:

I'd rather we just nuke ourselves.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
The reason why European cars have better mileage is because gas costs more there (due to much, much higher taxes on fuel).

And, since this fucker was there, he should know that the gas he put in his Passat cost him more than it would've cost him to run a less gas-efficient car in the US. Since he doesn't mention that little detail, he's either a bullshit artist or severely retarded.
What does one have to do with the other? If gas is $8 a gallon, and your car gets 60-70 mpg, you're still getting 60-70 mpg even if the same car was here in the USA getting $3-4 per gallon. All these politicians trying to demonize gas & make us all feel like shit for using so much, should allow the cars sold in the USA to get that kind of gas mileage, at the current prices. Two things accomplished. 1: we use less gas. 2: we all take a nice bump to the bottom line, making us all much more likely to spend that saved money in other areas.

Let's face it, on this one, people like Kirk are spot-on. The government is artificially creating, sustaining and supporting the so-called energy crisis. There's no reason for high gas prices, and low gas mileage. It's a huge money grab for the people who get the oil money.

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
May 9, 2007
Let's face it, on this one, people like Kirk are spot-on. The government is artificially creating, sustaining and supporting the so-called energy crisis. There's no reason for high gas prices, and low gas mileage. It's a huge money grab for the people who get the oil money.
It's basically the farm subsidy racket.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
here is an even better example

the VW up which is to get almost 100 MPG

never to be seen here

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
When you live in the boonies like I do, and drive 50 miles a day to work and back, your priorities change. I drive a small shitbox just for the mileage. I have a 4x4 Expedition for hauling the kids, but it costs to go very far. Better than my 9.5 MPG Excursion though.

Off-White-Power

High maintenance, low tolerance
May 12, 2007
Shenandoah Valley, VA
When you live in the boonies like I do, and drive 50 miles a day to work and back, your priorities change. I drive a small shitbox just for the mileage. I have a 4x4 Expedition for hauling the kids, but it costs to go very far. Better than my 9.5 MPG Excursion though.
I commute almost 4 hrs a day and wear out cars pretty quick. I only buy sports cars (I made a promise to myself that if I had to drive that far I'd at least be comfortable) but my BMW z3 only gets 17 mpg and my miata 29 mpg. If I could get 65-70 I'd be thrilled. $25 a day in gas sucks royally.