Introducing .... The Nintendo 2DS !

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
Because it's the hubris of all Japanese developers, including Nintendo. Sony learned from it late into the PS3 cycle (more than halfway IIRC), and Nintendo is learning it through the Wii U and now 2DS. The sooner fanboys and casuals stop eating up their shit, the sooner Nintendo will stop trying to be the "Gimmicks first" developer.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Its a device intended for 5 and 6 year olds. Not only is it a toy, its a young childs toy. Move along, nothing to see here.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
So Nintendo's main handheld wasn't compatible with 7 year olds and younger so they release hunk of shit?

An "entry level handheld?" Really, Nintendo? Really bitches? The most expensive model doesn't even cost 200 dollars.

Dec 12, 2007
Its a device intended for 5 and 6 year olds. Not only is it a toy, its a young childs toy.
Uncle Paul: "Ehhh? I gotta get me on ah dose.

Hey you, come'mer. Play wit my tumb sticks...ones in my zipper."

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
So Nintendo's main handheld wasn't compatible with 7 year olds and younger so they release hunk of shit?

An "entry level handheld?" Really, Nintendo? Really bitches? The most expensive model doesn't even cost 200 dollars.
It costs $199.99 so I guess you are technically correct.

Fucking christ, you guys arent the market for recent Nintendo consoles but you sure bitch about them a lot.

Georgie

Jul 10, 2013
A cheap handheld console for the 7 and under crowd. I hope these parent know they will be paying 100x that later on for ADHD meds.

Oh and it looks like one of those awkward prototype models you see before they come up with the final design.

Whatever. They will fly off the shelf. Looks like i'll be getting a new kitchen come January.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
A company making retarded amounts of money?

Yeah. Fucking douches. Should really have another handheld for the 18+ crowd. One that won't sell to that demographic. Because there's already 2 out. Not including phones.

Nintendo. Fuck are they dumb.

Herr de derr.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
A cheap handheld console for the 7 and under crowd. I hope these parent know they will be paying 100x that later on for ADHD meds.
Proof?
Oh and it looks like one of those awkward prototype models you see before they come up with the final design.
Or the "Look I shoved a 360 into a tupperware container" modder types.
Whatever. They will fly off the shelf. Looks like i'll be getting a new kitchen come January.
I guess you own a WiiU.

Georgie

Jul 10, 2013
A company making retarded amounts of money?

Yeah. Fucking douches. Should really have another handheld for the 18+ crowd. One that won't sell to that demographic. Because there's already 2 out. Not including phones.

Nintendo. Fuck are they dumb.

Herr de derr.
My problem is who they are targeting. I have a 4yo nephew who has grown up with an iPad, Netflix, and Nintendo. There isn't a minute of his day where he isn't watching a show or playing some game. He has to have a movie or show playing on the TV in HIS ROOM just to go to sleep. On the rare occasions that he doesn't have something in his hands or something to watch he simply can't handle himself.

I'm convinced that the rise in ADD correlates with the fact that kids these day have constant stimuli within arms reach 24/7.

He never has to be bored and never has to go out and make his own fun. I fear he will pay for this years from now.

Yesterdays Hero

Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
My problem is who they are targeting. I have a 4yo nephew who has grown up with an iPad, Netflix, and Nintendo. There isn't a minute of his day where he isn't watching a show or playing some game. He has to have a movie or show playing on the TV in HIS ROOM just to go to sleep. On the rare occasions that he doesn't have something in his hands or something to watch he simply can't handle himself.

I'm convinced that the rise in ADD correlates with the fact that kids these day have constant stimuli within arms reach 24/7.

He never has to be bored and never has to go out and make his own fun. I fear he will pay for this years from now.

I don't even know where to start.

Georgie

Jul 10, 2013

I don't even know where to start.
Disagree if you want. I'm watching the product of digital parenting grow up right before my eyes.

Also I'm not some out of touch person. I make my living in the game industry.

Yesterdays Hero

Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.

Georgie

Jul 10, 2013
You can start with shitty parenting.
Yeah I do blame the parents. But how about Nintendo does the right thing and not make game systems for 5 year olds.

Rash Rendering

Feb 9, 2010
It's basically a 3ds without the 3d. I've played the 3ds with 3d on and it sucks. It'll give you a skull hammering headache in no time.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Yeah I do blame the parents. But how about Nintendo does the right thing and not make game systems for 5 year olds.
I was 6 when I got a NES that was originally kept in my bedroom. Before that I had an Atari 2600 when I was probably 4. I dont have ADD. My parent also didnt use videogames and tv as babysitters.

Yesterdays Hero

Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
'The right thing' doesn't apply to business. Jesus fuck. It's like talking to Beerbelly.

Blame the parents. If your nephew didn't have dogshit parents, you'd know it's not Nintendo's fault, or dullard junior.

Georgie

Jul 10, 2013
My parent also didnt use videogames and tv as babysitters.
Well there you go.

Many kids these days do nothing but watch TV and play games. From the second their eyes open in the morning to the second they fall asleep. My nephew is that kid. I dread the stories ill hear when he goes to preschool this year.

Nintendo is in essence an enabler to shitty parents with this handheld.

Last edited:

Georgie

Jul 10, 2013
'The right thing' doesn't apply to business.
Oh well in that case this handheld is great.

I'm guessing you have no problem with child pole dancing classes then. They are run by a business so they are ok. If you have a problem with them then you are just an ass. Right?

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey

I'm guessing you have no problem with child pole dancing classes then. They are run by a business so they are ok. If you have a problem with then your just an ass. Right?

Yesterdays Hero

Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.

I'm guessing you have no problem with child pole dancing classes then. They are run by a business so they are ok. If you have a problem with them then you are just an ass. Right?
If parents are fucking retarded enough to get their kid a DS Jr, then they very well may be fucking retarded enough to get their 4 year old (your nephew) pole dancing lessons. Don't like capitalism? Move.

Do I have a problem with it? Fuck does it matter either way? I'm not going to take my 4 year old to pole dancing classes, and I'm not buying her Nintendo's latest imagination eraser. I prefer to interact with my kid. You know, be a parent. An actual one.

In closing, fuck your nephew, fuck your nephews parents that shouldn't have bothered having him, fuck the load that the nephews mother should have swallowed instead of letting it in her twat, and fuck you for trying ever so hard to draw a direct parallel between child pole-dancing and some PoS from Nintendo.

Last edited:

Graveyard

Jul 28, 2012
Why do people who hate Nintendo care about them so much? You're never getting Mario or Zelda on A Playstation/Xbox. It's never going to happen. Iwata said they would close the fucking doors before doing that, take their mountain of money, and go on with their day. Besides, Sega's been complete dogshit since they stopped making consoles. Seriously, aside from a gem here and there, Sega games are trash these days. It's nothing more than a fanboy scenario that will never happen in the real world.