iphone?

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
I just bought one on ebay yesterday and waiting for it to arrive (regular price). Is this thing worth it or should I just turn around and re-sell it when it gets here? Not asking for technological specifics, just opinions. Thanx :)

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
I enjoy mine just fine - but then I've been with at&t/cingular for years, so I won't complain of the network that Jim Norton does from his fancyman upper west side neighborhood.

It is a great ipod and the web is pretty cool even over the slow edge network - if you hang/work/live near wifi, you'll love that even more.

I will say this - you absolutely need a holder. the street vendors who sell Ipod stuff actually have holders that fit the iphone for $5 - identical to the ones they sell in the at&t and apple stores. I got mine on 5th ave at 15th street

EDIT: here it is....
http://www.reikowireless.com/ViewLarge.cfm?id=3143

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
I like mine too. The only problem with the web on it is the lack of flash. But it still blows away any other phone for the internet. AT&T kinda sucks but the oPhone makes up for it IMO. It is a really quick and easy phone to use.

daemoncel

Feb 15, 2006
Ridgefield Park, NJ
i can't get enough of my iphone, i get up, check the weather, i get ready, listen to tracks and check emails while waiting for the bus, then on the bus, (if i'm not sleeping, i watch a tv show, or a movie.

I couldn't do this so easily without my iphone!

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
Most importantly (I guess) is how well it works as a phone, 'cause with all those nice additional things, if it's useless as a phone as far as reliability, then I'm not so sure. I mean, the other features it has seem great, I just wanted to hear from people who had and used it, not just come consumer report in a magazine or something (it probably would've made more sense to do that before buying one. Oh well)

daemoncel

Feb 15, 2006
Ridgefield Park, NJ
Most importantly (I guess) is how well it works as a phone, 'cause with all those nice additional things, if it's useless as a phone as far as reliability, then I'm not so sure. I mean, the other features it has seem great, I just wanted to hear from people who had and used it, not just come consumer report in a magazine or something (it probably would've made more sense to do that before buying one. Oh well)
The service is as a phone is spot on, that's of course if you have decent AT&T/Cingular Coverage in your area. i live in a ground level apartment and so i get signal only near my windows. annoying yes! what can i do? nothing soooo. i put up with it. On the road driving through jersey i have no problems at all and at work (downtown nyc by cityhall) i get decent signal in my job but perfect signal on the streets.

AssOrgy

Feb 10, 2006
Boston
Make sure to check the software version. Don't update to 1.1.1. 1.0.2 allows you to download a app installer, which makes the phone 100x's better. PM me if you need more info.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
I know you're not asking for techinical specs, but illustrating some will explain why I think the iphone is gay. <--My opinion.

The new Palm Centro will do much more than the iPhone, and at $99 (with $25 data plan) its price can't be beat.

The amount of available 3rd party apps for Palm OS makes this phone untouchable as far as functionality.

It's got EVDO high speed wireless, where you can actually view YouTube videos without the need for Wifi.

With the addition of a 4GB, 8GB, or even 16GB SD Card, it could easily match the ipod storage, minus the horseshit restrictions and proprietary functions of iTunes.

It copies/pastes

This phone is a repackaging of the $400 Treo 755p

The only + the iphone has is the coolness/hip/whoa factor, and the larger LCD, which will be emulated by all other carriers and become the norm.

doktormoo

Apple, BMW Motorcycles, Cigar and O&amp;A junkie.
Feb 11, 2005
Arkansas
Happy eith my iPhone as well. Had it since day one.